• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Online is horrible!

Years
  • I used to decline battles usually because I had a bunch of low-level pokés in my team that I was training up to evolve BUT then I discovered the Battle Box in the PC, and now I accept everybody :) I feel terrible cause I'm so bad lol (which is why I'm hesitant to initiate a challenge in case the person thinks I'm good and gets disappointed) BUT... recently I was battling someone and was getting severely beaten until outta nowhere... I WON MY FIRST AND ONLY EVER BATTLE!!!! :D Since then I've been bitten by the Battling bug lol :)

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    What I hate is when people request me for a battle but I don't have my team with items ready (they're stuck in the PC) and then by the time I get my team out, the request has ended. >____>

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    What I hate is when people request me for a battle but I don't have my team with items ready (they're stuck in the PC) and then by the time I get my team out, the request has ended. >____>
    And that's why you should use the Battle Box, so that you can accept the challenge anytime you want.

I haven't been playing for a couple of months now and the last time I battled someone was probably way before that. On the other hand I'm someone who doesn't like to challenge others (I'd rather get challenged by them xD) and since my router recently started making problems by spontaneously cutting the internet connection for 2-3 minutes I fear that at some point I start getting dcs because of that, which would lessen the fun quite a lot.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    also keep in mind, I (as well as many other people) HAVE actually been online ready to trade or battle, but we're doing other stuff too (like random battles, super training, GTS, etc, etc) and we get scrolling messages saying so and so wants to trade or battle, but by the time we get out of whatever we are doing the option is no longer available.

Laylaw

"Smell ya later!" - Blue
    Years
  • If you want to battle, then I suggest you go to the Battle Spot as well.

I rarely accept battles when I'm online, because I'm mostly breeding, or checking if my FS friends are online.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • I keep wi-fi on more often than not, because I like having quick access to wonder trade. This does NOT mean I want unsolicited battle or trade requests. I find it pretty rude, tbh.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I'm guilty of staying online just to unlock the last Pokémon in my Friend Safaris because I have 80+ friends on my 3DS and a lot of them have stopped playing Pokémon, so I plan on deleting the basic ones with only two Pokémon available.

So, I turn down a lot of requests myself. BUT, if I do want to battle, then I change my status to say so. The same goes for seeking battles, I only seek out to battle acquaintances or passersby who have a status that requests a battle.

Back