• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pickup ability

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2019
    Am i the only one that goes through like 40 battles until my pokemon finally picks up an item? Did the 10% chance drop, is it a glitch, or am i just that unlucky because i put 4 pokemon with pickup in my party and i very rarely get any items off of them

Years
  • Yes, you're unlucky. Even with full party of Pickupers I sometimes had to wait for a long time for items to be picked up by Pokemon. Sometimes I get those items constantly. 10% is not that much really, 1/10 chance of getting an item from Pokemon doesn't mean you will get 1 item every 10 fainted Pokemon.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Leave Luck To Heaven
    Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2016
    When I have a pick-upper, I usually don't check after every fight. I'll check after every three or so. Even with a full party of 6 pick-uppers, you're still more likely that not get nothing after a fight. That's just how the odds work, sometimes you just get a streak of bad luck. Anyone that's ever played poker will know what I mean.

Dark Phantom Samurai

Finesse & Perfection
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    When I have a pick-upper, I usually don't check after every fight. I'll check after every three or so. Even with a full party of 6 pick-uppers, you're still more likely that not get nothing after a fight. That's just how the odds work, sometimes you just get a streak of bad luck. Anyone that's ever played poker will know what I mean.

Know what you mean :) But unlike some good poker here and there. I seem to get lucky With a single pumpakaboo with pickup at lev.100.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I usually get items after like 5-10 battles, but I have the habit of forgetting to check my party to see if my Poké with Pick Up even picked anything up x:

I love the ability Pick Up, though. I remember when I had my Linoone as my main team member in Ruby version, I made it halfway through the game with 60+ Super Potions, 40+ Full Restores, and 40+ Revives and I never bought anything LOL.

Back