• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Nova Version

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2016
    Pokemon Nova Version

Due to the recent popularity of Fakemon games (Well deserved popularity some of the latest ones look amazing considering what was around a few years ago) I was messing with the idea of creating my own Fakemon game with a team of people, issue being I am absolutely inept when it comes to anything other than coming up with ideas.
    Therefor I wondered if anyone on this forum would like to form a group with me and help me make this idea a reality, mostly looking for people who can actually make video games and those who are good at sprite art. That being said I did draw up a few ideas for the game and it's setting as well as some basic outlines for the game as a whole.
    These basic ideas include:
    • The name of the game - Pokemon Nova Version
    • The main setting - A region possibly based on England, but showing all the different sides of England, so having run down mining towns, picturesque country villages and hyper modern cities.
    • The main antagonists - Team Nova, my current idea for them is to have them trying to break down the walls between dimensions in order to gather powerful pokemon from other universes (It's an excuse so that I can throw some interesting Cameo's in Possibly from the adventures and reburst universes)
    • The Professor - Professor Yew (pronounced you) Kind of a joke on a Yew tree (While Simultaneously resulting in a possible sheep pun) sticking with the tree theme for professors, however I envisioned a much younger professor this time around.
    • Gameplay Mechanics - Primarily focusing on the Fakemon aspect the grand majority of Pokemon encountered will be new however I do want to throw in a few old ones to make it feel more connected to the Pokemon world as a whole, I'd also like to refrain from using mega evolution because I feel it's a tad overdone.
    • Gyms - Dual typed gyms, essentially having a gym leader running two types instead of the typical one. For example you could have a Dark water gym leader who has a mixture of Dark and Water Pokemon and then maybe even having a dual typed Dark Water Pokemon as his main
    Areas I don't have any ideas on
    • The actual Pokemon - I have general ideas on what I would like to see but since I lack the artistic skill or any knowledge of how to keep things balanced I would like some help designing and implementing new Pokemon, though I do have a rough Idea that I want at least 100 New Pokemon (adding 50-100 Old Pokemon to bring up the pokedex number) and the Legendaries to be themed around Dimensions
    • Town names, locations, map design as a whole.
    • Trainer Designs - Again I have a rough idea, since it'll be based on England I kinda want to see a trainer in baggy clothing with a hoodie of some sort (It's not warm over here XD)
    So yeah that's my idea, feel free to respond if you want to help... or have any ideas for the project as a whole.

Figured I'd supplement the above description with an extra post since I realised there were some areas I wasn't particularly clear on, namely the roles in the project.

Anyway the roles will be as follows

Programmer/Designer
    Artist
    Composer
    Writer - My position since that's pretty much the only aspect of game development I can nail.

Plot

Looking at other posts I noticed they had a rather detailed plot synopsis so I figured I might throw my rough draft out there and see what people think.

You are a young aspiring Pokemon trainer like many others in the region of Enperio a region just far enough up north in the Pokemon world to be cold and wet but not far enough north to get any sort of interesting weather regularly. This region follows a lot of old traditions and is in a state of transition as the old mining towns redevelop as the mines slowly close, you're adventure will take you through small countryside villages, redeveloping cities and even past the many sporting arenas that dot this region. The regions legends tell of 2 creatures that have the power to cross dimensions at will and many have sought to find them, however a new criminal organisation called Team Nova, now thinking they have the means to become the puppet masters of dimensions are understandably upping their activity in the region to the point where even the police are having difficulty fighting them. They were once a small criminal outfit using fairly low range Pokemon to perform petty crimes but suddenly they have Pokemon leagues stronger than most, where are they coming from? And what it this Mysterious Nova Gate they keep talking about? And, more importantly who is that strange Lady with the Darkrai hellbent on helping them achieve their goals?

Last edited:
    Back