• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Finding money

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
  • I was walking to uni the other day and I spotted a $20 note just sitting in the gutter so I decided to pick it up. I looked around to see if it was anyone's (I'm a good person!!), but no one really reacted.

Are you lucky enough to find money? How much? Are you one of those people who will pick up 5c, or 20c without shame (if so good on you because 20 5c make a dollar and 20 $1 dollar coins make $20 and so on...)?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • The most I've ever found was $50 in a Taco Bell drive thru. Other than that I don't really have much luck with finding money people have lost. Unless it's quarters, which I do go out of my way to pick up.

And I've already done the thing where you wait 20 years after you graduate high school to go through your letter jacket in a search for money. But it's only been a little over a year.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'm a poor college student, but for whatever reason, I've stopped picking up loose change that I find. If it's a quarter fine, but I can't remember the last time that's happened. Never found any bills, but once I did find a Sacagawea dollar coin, which I thought was cool

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
    Years
  • 4-5 years back me and my brother were coming back from Karate practice (the place was close to our house so we walked there and back). Being the extremely active and sports-loving person I am, I absolutely despised Karate classes and my mother had to force me to go. On our way back we found a 50 AED note (about 15 USD for you Americans) right in the middle of the road. We looked around and there was no car and nobody walking around, and we debated a bit over whether we should take it or not. We did eventually and bought a bunch of PS2 games with them :P

Lucid

Dude. I never have cash, I have a card, so finding it is like finding a fucking unicorn shitting rainbows in my purse. I just so happened to find $20 in my wallet today, so I'm feeling real fancy this minute.

Years
  • The only money I tend to find is just the odd coin here and there, maybe a single dollar bill if I'm lucky. Although even that's rare because...well, just because. I don't tend to find much money in the first place.

I don't know if I'd pick up something above a dollar bill though. Especially when it comes to higher denominations, it just feels wrong for me to take it. :X

pkmin3033

I'll pick up anything that isn't 1p or 2p...I just feel really awkward if I pick up coppers off the street. They don't get you very far anyway!

Most I've ever found was a £20 note...that was a very good day. It's a shame that it hasn't happened more often!

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I do find money sometimes, but it's always two, five or twenty cents. I found a 50-cent coin once, but that's the max. I sometimes find coins in very strange locations, like in a dead end of a corn maze.

Years
  • Oh, my luck with this is pretty bad. I hardly seem to find anything outside the occasional coin someone dropped because they didn't want it. Little brother and I found a $20 bill in the Halloween store last year though and that was pretty awesome for our first find in.. years. :D Now if only it could happen again, pbft.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Not really. I'd have to be pretty damn lucky just to strike gold than to find money. I also have this weird thing for coins - I won't pick them up if they are facing tails up for some strange reason. It's kind of weird, huh? XD Anyway, I really don't get that lucky because I don't get out much unless my parents go somewhere. Even then, that's not enough for me to strike it right or anything.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I'm a pretty lucky person.
    Back around year 7/8 I'd use the same toilet whenever I had to go and maybe about 4-5 times I'd fine a $5 note on the ground by the toilet. Of course I was an honest kid and gave the money to the school office - who probs spent it or something.
    I tend to catch things at the corner of my eye pretty easily so every now and then I'll find a coin hidden within the gutter or something.

Luckiest one as of late just so happened to be on my birthday last year in Dec. Was walking down from uni with a friend of mine when I caught $20 in the gutter and since it was my birthday I spent it on ice cream for the both of us.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
  • 4-5 years back me and my brother were coming back from Karate practice (the place was close to our house so we walked there and back). Being the extremely active and sports-loving person I am, I absolutely despised Karate classes and my mother had to force me to go. On our way back we found a 50 AED note (about 15 USD for you Americans) right in the middle of the road. We looked around and there was no car and nobody walking around, and we debated a bit over whether we should take it or not. We did eventually and bought a bunch of PS2 games with them :P

Continuing on that, we actually left the bill, and we went home leaving the bill on the ground. We asked our mother if we could take the bill, and so we went back to the place were the bill was left, and amazingly, it was still there. We picked it up, and the rest is history.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • A few years ago, I was at the mall with my dad, and he spotted a 20BGN ($10) bill on the ground then he gestured towards it so I pick it up and spend it on something. I haven't found anything since. Sad.

Back