• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Centers!

Years
  • The 3rd Gen Pokemon Centers have the best design for me. The ones from Gen 1 & 2 are just brick buildings with a sign on them, and an important place like the Pokemon Center needs to be more eye-catching and bigger to show that. The ones after Gen 3 are over-designed, in my opinion. I think they've tried too hard to make them look better each Gen but it isn't really working and the Gen 6 Pokemon Center looks less like a Pokemon Center looking at the exterior. Gen 3 got it just right. It wasn't anything too flashy but it was clear and had a unique design.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    1/2/3

quickly in and out. oh and my gripe about the most recent one: Every effing body can see what pokemon you have. Excuse me wheres the crime protection?

Years
  • I love the Kalos Pokemon Centre! It's super handy having the Centre, Mart and changing room all in the same place! #

I also think the architecture of the Pokemon centre in the Kalos region is suitable to where the region is meant to be set. It stands out in comparison to the traditional architecture, which totally makes sense. It's what Europe looks like. An amalgamation of old and new.

Years
  • No. But the surroundings of the town are often of an older, more European style. So perhaps I should have clarified and said that I think the modern building looks good in the town. It stands out, as it really should, and brings a bit of modernity to the region.

Years
  • My fave Pokemon Center exterior-wise has to be the one in Heart Gold & Soul Silver. Its design was not too lame, but also not too overdesigned. It pretty much got the design just right without leaning too much to one side.

For the interiors, I love Unova's Pokemon Centers the best. The combination of the traditional Pokemon Center with a Poke Mart inside made everything so convenient. I know Kalos did the same thing, but Unova's design was better.

Years
  • Unovas pokemon centers were nice with the mart section right there. Theres just one thing that bugs me. In every game Nurse Nameless always sends you on your way with ''I hope to see you again''. She has to be wishing me bad cause the only time I'm ever at the PC is when my pokemon are hurt.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My favorite would likely have to be the Pokémon Center from Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

This one seems to be very big, generally, which does seem to be quite fitting for a place like this. Logically, locations such as this are meant to be kind of huge, as people are always coming in and out, and there would likely have to be enough space for everyone to breathe. It's relate-able, so to speak.

Aside from above, I'm also pretty fond of the Pokémon Center from Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald. Although this one's interior isn't as huge as above (and likely doesn't make much sense to some for it being small and whatnot, due to reasons I've already stated), I still enjoyed its simplicity; in terms of this, it wasn't so bad.

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • I'm going to say the original johto games. I thought it was really unique as oppose to the other games how nearly every pokemon center was different.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • I prefer the 3rd gen kanto center and all of the 6th gen centers. The 3rd gen kanto center feels more homey and I love how in Kalos the pokemart is also in the center. One less step for me.

Years
  • I actually like the PokeCenter in XY the most. Its really convenient having the mart in the back (like Unova did in the front) but also has a changing room where you can change clothes when you want which is pretty cool. ORAS has a great PokeCenter too, even without these things.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    *sweats nervously*

Umm this is hard because they're all generally the same and not remarkable in anyway. I guess I would have to say the ones in Kalos were designed best. The mart was tucked away nicely so you can ignore it if you don't need it. I find myself rarely needing to buy anything. I liked that you could change your clothes in any pokemon center, it made it easy to change looks often.

Gen 4 pokemon centers were my least favorite because they had an upstairs and downstairs and I'm someone who has to explore it all so ya know that extra 3 seconds going up and down the escalators adds up!!!

exterior wise doesn't really matter to me.

Years
  • I think my personal favorite designs would be those of 5th Gen and XY, having the Center and Mart in one building was a nice thing that sadly wasn't present in ORAS. Not much else to say aside from that.

Years
  • My favorite Pokémon Centers have to be in the sixth generation. I really like how they implemented the shops into them. Like you said, having the shop in the same place is better than good.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Generation VI and Generation I had the best designs, but only interior wise. Gen VI captures the modern feel well, whereas Gen I feels rather homey.

Exterior wise, my favourite is HGSS Johto, especially the Violet City/Ecruteak City Centers. They look sleek and modern.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Yeah the Pokemon Centres are great, especially when they're separated from the Mart. My favourite design is the ORAS Centres, they've been re-created perfectly to look just like how they did in RSE!

Back