• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] For All Have Sinned

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016

For All Have Sinned

GMed by Retro Big
    IC THREAD | RATED M | SIGN UPS ARE CLOSED

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition, and myth frame our response." - Arthur M. Schlesinger​

Are you paying attention? I need you to pay attention...

For some reason, maybe it's late a night, bored at work, procrastinating from doing your homework or there's just time to waste. Whatever it is, you find an ad, perhaps one of those pesky pop-up ads or you found it through Craigslist, the point is you found it. It reads:​

I don't have time for flashy gimmicks to grab your attention or a backstory filled with grand details, if you make it to me I'll give you all the information you want to know. But, we're not there yet. I want to get directly to the point and that is that I need you.

Vile creatures wait out there in the abyss, waiting to be reborn - some already have been. They've killed mothers and children, customs and religions, they've killed members of my family and members of yours. They masquerade themselves as pillars of light, as beings that lack burden except that of which they put on the world. You may never have heard of them, but you have felt the effects of them.

The earthquake that ripped apart Nepal was them, Columbine was them, Chernobyl was them, the decline and ultimate collapse of the ancient Mayan civilization was them. I am not talking about beings that are puppeteers to humans, who sit on iron thrones in the heavens and tinker with the Earth as it spins round. These beasts are here, on our Earth and want nothing more than to steal the Earth from us, their mere presence is enough to summon chaos.

I've hunted them all my life and there were once many of us to combat the few of them. They rise and fall to our enhanced weaponry, but we also rise and fall to their brute strength and corruption. Our numbers have since dwindle down, but, unfortunately, theirs never do. That's why I need you. I can train you, I can morph you into something useful. This isn't the movies, and you aren't a superhero, you're a person with an important task and that task will eventually get you killed. The world is at risk, the very fabric that holds everything together will tear apart if nothing is done.

You scan the rest of the page and notice three things: two downloadable documents, an address, but off the top of your head you don't actually know where that is but it's in your city, and the mention of a package that you are meant to pick-up and bring to the address. Okay then...

Are you confused? I'm confused...​

Let us go over the basics... It's the year 2016, you live in some country on Earth and you live some kind of life, you can get into those specifics later on. You were on the internet and found the ad above, but for some reason you actually believe it. Maybe due to the lack of specifics and/or that it's not trying to sell you this glamorized promise of being a superhero. Some person wants to change your life, train you to fight creatures you have never heard about and possibly die trying to do it.

Wait, you never checked out those documents...

Attached:Document1
    Spoiler:

Attached:Document2
    Spoiler:

I'm in, I think...​

Great! Whoo! Well, I need you to do two things: Read the Rules & Sign-Up!

rules
    1. listen to the GM/Retro Bug.
    2. don't go overboard, nothing is worse than a player that thinks their character is basically a God. you're not, they're not, chill.
    3. questions, please ask. your confusion isn't going to go away if you don't ask/clarify.

spots:

they're all taken.

[two frontliners] [taken by Quest & SV]
    [one ensnare] [taken by Kikpanther]
    [two bracers] [taken by Varys & Swolligator]
    [two pillars] [taken by gimmiepie & Ozymandias]
    [two patchers] [taken by STARDU5T & Arylett Charnoa]
    [one seeker] [taken by Retro Bug]

sign-Up:

Name:
    Location: (any where in the world, don't worry about the language barrier.)

Combat: (pick a combat class/magic and describe how would act in battle, how they will be using their magic and/or weapons in combat, be creative! :) )
    Appearance: (what they look like, if you're using a picture I want a brief description along side it in case something happens to the picture.)
    Personality: (likes, dislikes, what makes them function, describe your character as a person, flaws and all)
    History: (nothing detailed, quick overview + what possibly lead them to make the choice to answer the ad)

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years

• tumblr_inline_n7wid4aNA41sd3x8o.jpg

*character lifted from Dangropa the Animation​

Name: Jaromir Lachkov

Combat:

Class: Bracer
    Element: Frost || Air || Earth

As a street brawler, Jaromir loves being in the middle of a good fight. He will be the first one to jump in on a fist fight, not thinking of any repercussions in doing so. When he is inside, he reacts mostly on instinct to avoid being hit as he was not really trained formally in the fighting area.

However, as his magic allows for the use of more defensive ones, he considers being a bracer to be the perfect fighter. He uses a medium-buckler, about a foot in diameter, strapped to his fist. The buckler is imbued with elemental runes that could modify his defensive magic. His preference is using frost and earth based magic, enlarging his buckler to prevent larger attacks from hitting him, or creating walls of ice or earth to protect the ones fighting alongside him. While the buckler is used for defensive use, it is not without offensive capabilities. It acts somewhat like a punching glove as Jaromir could use the flat-side or the rim to knock his opponents out.

He recognizes the weakness his weapon provides as it only allows him to attack in close-distance combat.

Appearance:

Jaromir Lachkov stands at a good height of six-foot-flat. His head is crowned by a pale-corn yellow stubble of hair that he keeps shaved short and thin, a surprising characteristic from someone who hailed from his hometown known for its cold weather. As much as possible, the people from St. Petersburg, or Russia, prefers to keep as much fur on them as possible to keep them warm. He maintains a certain design shaved on the side of his head, two parallel lines then suddenly diverging at the back of his head. The symbol meant nothing. His eyes matched the color of his hair, but his very small pupils could easily be seen accentuated by his eye color. He maintains a thin eyebrow and even shorter eyelashes.

Also, unlike other people from St. Petersburg, Jaromir is lean, with no toned muscles to show off. However, he makes it up with a very noteworthy wardrobe choice. His preferred everyday clothes would be his black cloth with a white long-sleeved shirt underneath. He also wear different-colored neckties to accentuate and give some color to his clothing, but wears black ones most of the time as he view it to be "elegant, and goes with anything else." He also has long black pants and sturdy leather shoes.

Personality:

Jaromir Lachkov is someone you could describe as a man whose presence is not likable. This is different from being socially awkward, mind you. In fact, Jaromir finds it really easy to socialize with people, especially new faces. However, he exudes an air of arrogance that some people find off-putting. He considers himself a listener, but is unaware that all stories he listens to, he can weave into something of his own. Had a sandwich for breakfast? Jaromir had a two-pound burger he bought on a store the other night. And did he mention the hottie he met on the counter? He is quite talkative and can talk for hours with the same person about different things. He has opinions on everything. He walks with his head held high, smiling at people the way a politician smiles during campaign period. It looks nice but you'll notice small details that will make you wonder if this guy is actually good through and through.

He is quick to anger and is used to using his fists when words could not get his thoughts through. He is known to be involved in many street brawls and fisticuffs which his family is always trying to hide. Jaromir views himself as the alpha male in the Lachkov family and engaging in brutal fights, earning scars and wounds, makes him a perfect successor to the name. Well, until the media incident (which will be mentioned in the History part.)

For the aforementioned family, he takes great pride in his familial heritage and will go great lengths to protect the name of the Lachkovs. While it is true that the Lachkovs have contributed a lot, Jaromir's family is not without dark secrets. Jaromir will turn a blind eye to these secrets and maintain his golden view of his family.

History:

The Lashkov family is a well-known and wealthy family in St. Petersburg. They are known to be great fans of emerging technologies and is known for their quick response on research and development of such-and-such, using their company. Jaromir is the eldest son of his father, Dominik Lashkov. All his life, he has been trained in the sciences and is well-equipped and groomed to be the successor of the company should his father die. At 26, Jaromir is pretty impatient to take over the company and instill some ideas of his own.

However, one street brawl threatened to take everything away from Jaromir. The fight captured the attention of the media and it featured Jaromir senselessly beating another guy to the ground. The video circulated around the internet and it put bad light on the Lashkov family. His father was severely disappointed at his son and extremely angry that his company was placed in a bad PR. He took some action and decided that it was Dominika, his younger sister by two years, that will be inheriting the company. Many of the company's stakeholders knew it was the better and more sensible choice. Dominika was smarter than Jaromir and more well-behaved than his older brother.

Of course, this angered Jaromir as it was beyond his pride to let a woman, let alone his younger sister, rule the empire his forefathers created. He was unapologetic, mind you, as the video was what it was. He was angered by some reason and managed to be engaged in that scandal. However, the thing on his mind was that the company was stolen from him. He wanted to prove to his father that he made the wrong decision in making Dominika the chief.

When he stumbled upon the advertisement, he immediately packed his bags, his mind not working properly and unable to process whether the ad was real. He just wanted a chance at redemption and he saw that.

For All Have Sinned​

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    Reserving as a front liner please~ I love you.

Years
  • Name: Axel Evengal

Combat:

Class:Ensaner

Elements: Wind, Fire, Lightning.

Axel will be a ensaner and uses ensaner magic. He will be wearing black sandals with black jeans and dark blue sleeved shirt with black flak jacket. He will have his knuckles and right leg bandage from the knee and down. He also will be wearing bracers of harden leather. On his left hand he will wear a black fingerless glove with a red steel plate across the fist. Around his waist was a 3-stranded sash consisting of two black strands and one red. The strands will be tied together on his right hanging freely. He will also sporting dark red shin protectors over his cloth bound ankles, elbows and shoulders which allowed him to block and attack with his legs and elbows, they will be specifically designed to not hinder the wearer's movement in any way. He will have two swords, one sword is about 43 inches overall, has a red hardwood scabbard, hilt, blue guard, and is strapped diagonally from his left shoulder to his right side of his waist. The other one will also about 43 inches overall, in its blue hardwood scabbard, and will strapped to his waist where the blue nylon wrapped hilt will be pointing out in front of him from left side. Axel would train himself in reverse grip style. Reversed grip will give him a disadvantage with attacks from above. And when it comes to backhand attacks to a certain extent. But coming from below or from the side attacks would be stronger. Defensively it will easier to parry attacks due to being able to move the blade easier; being caught in a power struggle will not common. Axel will trained to be able to avoid it. If it happens, holding the sword with the hands side by side with both fists facing forward rather than the normal two hand reverse grip. His one sword will contain wind runes magic while other one contain fire runes magic. If both elements combine together then they will be deadly for any person near his swords. His red shin protectors around his shoulder, ankles and elbows all contain lighting runes which when triggered with magic develop a shield of lighting around Axel, this shield could only be used for 5 minutes max because it will drain Axel's magic at fast rate.

Appearance: Axel is a man of about 178 cm tall with waist long spiked black hair. His eyes are black with two brown curved lines. The first line is curved to left going to the top of his eye while the bottom is curved to the right going to the bottom. Axel wears a blood red vest, a black muscle shirt, a pair of black jeans, a pair of boots, and glasses.

Personality: Axel had cheerful and optimistic personality that he was known for in his childhood. He has become a lot quieter with the time passed. His eyes always show sign loneliness and coldness. The sheer intensity of coldness in his eyes sometimes can make people freeze in their spots. Despite the intensity, the clarity in his eyes has never left him showing his determination, resolve and control. He loves the people that care about him, which include his friends and old lady Nani at orphanage. He can do anything to bring a smile in face of his friends. Other than that he has one track mind. No amount of reason will sway him from his course. He also think that "two heads are better than one" that's why he never hesitate to approach a person for help.

History: Axel was just an ordinary guy. He was an orphan. He was told that his parents died when he was only 2. He lived in an orphanage till age of 15 and then moved to a apartment. When he was leaving orphanage old lady Nani told him that his parents were alive and they left him in orphanage for some unknown reason. After that he became cold as ice. He never tried to found out who his parents were. He do a part-time job in a restaurant to pay rent of his apartment. His friends from orphanage understand the pain of loneliness, so they were always there when Axel needed them. He cared deeply for his friends. He can do anything to make them happy. He just brought a new PC at home and stumble across an Ad which looked interesting. Everything in his life was boring. So why didn't try this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Well I have my character mostly created, but I should probably write it out at some point lol

Haha, I have to say that is the hardest part about signing up putting the ideas in a cohesive written form.

Not joining but I gotta say, the premise is really interesting and fun :D

Thank you, I really appreciate this! :)

Okay, this looks pretty cool, I'll reserve as a patcher.

Reserved!

And with that all the spots are reserved! If anyone else wants to join I'd be willing to open up 1 spot to any position except a Frontliner or, of course, wait to see how everyone's reservations end up!

Years
  • Okay, here we go, SU is up! I'll make some CSS for it later I guess, but here is the important part!

Name: Jie Linghu

Combat:
    Class: Patcher
    Magic: Healing

Jie is primarily a backline fighter, usually avoiding direct combat if she can avoid it. As a patcher she spends most of the battle focusing on keeping her allies alive, and trying to pinpoint weak spots on whatever monster they happen to be fighting.

She also has a long staff about 180 cm made of oak with a metal core to strengthen the wood. The staff is capable of splitting in the middle by twisting both ends of the staff to form two shorter lengths for a more offensive style. It is mostly used in defense to parry and deflect any incoming blows. It is also covered in runes through which Jie channels her magic. She carries a couple other trinkets with runes in case of emergencies if she loses her staff.

Appearance: Jie stands a bit shorter than the average Chinese at about a hundred and sixty cm, and has a slightly slimmer build. She usually keeps her straight black hair in a ponytail behind her head, finding other hairstyles too bothersome and requiring too much effort. She has bright blue eyes, a bit uncommon among Asian people, framed by plain glasses and a slim and angled face.

She likes to wear plain jeans when going out, along with a t shirt, plain gray HKU hoodie, and black boots that go up about halfway up her calves without heels, she despises heels. She usually doesn't wear anything like dresses or makeup, thinking that dressing up like that is a waste of time. When she doesn't have to go out she wears sweatpants and a tank top, favoring comfort over how she looks.

Personality: Jie's primary desire in life is to be accepted, to feel accepted by others and to feel like a part of a family. She cares deeply for those who are close to her, and will do anything that she can to keep them safe from harm. She trusts others easily, and is devastated when others betray that trust. She loves knowledge and is always trying to learn more; however she is more comfortable learning through a book, and less through experience, which is not always a good thing.

The death of both her parents affected her greatly, leaving her usually cheerful and gentle nature angry under the surface, and wanting to strike back against what she saw as an unfair world. She is usually able to control herself and remain calm and composed on the surface, however she occasionally will snap when pressured, becoming angry and often violent as well. She tends to be a bit more of an….aggressive healer.

History: Jie was born and raised in the slums of Hong Kong under two loving, but unfortunate parents. Because of their financial situation, Jie never really saw them much as a child, as both had to work long hours in order to provide for the family. Despite being left independant most of the time, she loved her parents deeply and cherished every moment she had to spend with them. After going through primary and secondary school, her parents sent her to a higher quality high school across the bay thanks to a scholarship and careful saving for years.

Jie excelled in her new school. Although she felt like an outcast among the more financially sound students, she did well in her studies, and even joined the archery club in the afternoons. After graduating as valedictorian from high school she was accepted to a college in Hong Kong, again with the help of a generous scholarship, where she continued her studies, pursuing a degree in the medical field.

Unfortunately her so far happy story starts to go downhill from here, with her father having a seizure at work one day in her first year of college. He was taken to a hospital, diagnosed with terminal brain cancer after an MRI, and two weeks later was dead after a risky surgery. Deeply grieved by her father's death, Jie threw herself completely into her studies, placing her focus on a neurology degree, hoping that she could do some good in the field. At twenty two her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer, and after a year of treatment and chemotherapy, her mother also died leaving her alone in the world with nobody but an aging grandmother and a drunk uncle as family. She answered the advertisement she had discovered on the web a week after her mother died, not really believing it but intrigued nonetheless.​

Also as a quick question. Do the characters choose the roles that they will fill? Or are they assigned based on their skills/magical affinities?

EDIT: All CSS prettified!

Last edited:

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • Aw it looks like the party's all full.
    Although i'm not sure i'd be active enough to join even if it wasn't XD
    This looks like a really interesting concept and y'all got quite the crew together so I'm looking forward to reading everyone's posts in the future!

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Okay, here we go, SU is up! I'll make some CSS for it later I guess, but here is the important part!

I have checked out your SU and there's a few things that I would like to note.

1) I hope it came across well that the "combat section" is in the future tense, as this will what they will be like in the future. I just wanted people to get some sort of idea of how they want their character to act in battle, what type of runic magic they wanted to use, what sort of weapons do want their character to use and that also helps me as well w/ plot-related material. Totally my fault if it came off that they were already trained, should've worded it better. ^^;

Anyway, I'm okay with your character having a staff in the future and being able to use that offensively and defensively, but I feel like them also having a bow and arrow basically makes them a semi-Pillar and a Patcher... Take that bow and arrow away and the rest is good. If it helps with re-wording it, think of Patchers as basically the strategist and leaders of the battlefield. They see all because they're keeping an eye out for all their comrades so they have to be able to scan and predict the threats that will happen. From what I gathered your character seems really smart, so they'd have no problem with that role. Also, remember just because they don't have the bow and arrow doesn't mean they can't inflict damage look at the magic I put in the Document 2 section.

2) Blue eyes... okay, that's interesting. I'm assuming that she'd have some sort of Caucasian ancestry? I mean, that would make for interesting history considering that wouldn't make her "full" Chinese and sometimes that can be a problem. Xenophobia and all.

3) A piece in the personality and the last line of the history, where it talks about revenge against the world are... odd. Maybe you could explain it to me better? I'm not sure I understand that, because the ad heavily implied y'know this was to save the world from these monsters. I'm not exactly sure how that's striking against the world...

4) Other than these things, I actually liked reading about Jie. I'm very much interested in seeing how she'll react to all her new surroundings and new people. I always liked the idea of an aggressive healer rather than the passive ones that are meek and timid and don't really do much.

5) To answer your question, your character does choose the role they want to fulfill. So, they choose their role and shape their magic to fit that role but of course you're picking it now so that not everyone has the same role. I'll explain it more in-depth in the RP.

That's all!

Is the extra spot still open? Pillar looks mighty interesting.

Extra spot is still open! Yeah, if you want to make a Pillar go for it!

Aw it looks like the party's all full.
    Although i'm not sure i'd be active enough to join even if it wasn't XD
    This looks like a really interesting concept and y'all got quite the crew together so I'm looking forward to reading everyone's posts in the future!

Ozy! Haven't seen you around these parts in awhile, though I have been absent myself.

You should definitely check your PMs! ;)

Years
  • I have checked out your SU and there's a few things that I would like to note.

1) I hope it came across well that the "combat section" is in the future tense, as this will what they will be like in the future. I just wanted people to get some sort of idea of how they want their character to act in battle, what type of runic magic they wanted to use, what sort of weapons do want their character to use and that also helps me as well w/ plot-related material. Totally my fault if it came off that they were already trained, should've worded it better. ^^;

Anyway, I'm okay with your character having a staff in the future and being able to use that offensively and defensively, but I feel like them also having a bow and arrow basically makes them a semi-Pillar and a Patcher... Take that bow and arrow away and the rest is good. If it helps with re-wording it, think of Patchers as basically the strategist and leaders of the battlefield. They see all because they're keeping an eye out for all their comrades so they have to be able to scan and predict the threats that will happen. From what I gathered your character seems really smart, so they'd have no problem with that role. Also, remember just because they don't have the bow and arrow doesn't mean they can't inflict damage look at the magic I put in the Document 2 section.

2) Blue eyes... okay, that's interesting. I'm assuming that she'd have some sort of Caucasian ancestry? I mean, that would make for interesting history considering that wouldn't make her "full" Chinese and sometimes that can be a problem. Xenophobia and all.

3) A piece in the personality and the last line of the history, where it talks about revenge against the world are... odd. Maybe you could explain it to me better? I'm not sure I understand that, because the ad heavily implied y'know this was to save the world from these monsters. I'm not exactly sure how that's striking against the world...

4) Other than these things, I actually liked reading about Jie. I'm very much interested in seeing how she'll react to all her new surroundings and new people. I always liked the idea of an aggressive healer rather than the passive ones that are meek and timid and don't really do much.

5) To answer your question, your character does choose the role they want to fulfill. So, they choose their role and shape their magic to fit that role but of course you're picking it now so that not everyone has the same role. I'll explain it more in-depth in the RP.

That's all!

Alright, I'll try to answer as many question as I can!

1. Gotcha, I can get rid of the bow. I guess I was just kind of confused on exactly what the patcher was supposed to do other than heal, but that makes a lot of sense what you said. I'll make those changes to fix that up.

2. I based my character off of a friend I have in HK who is nearly full Chinese but also has blue eyes. It is a slightly more common trait in HK than the rest of China as it was a British colony until about 20 or so years ago. So no, I suppose Jie wouldn't be fully Chinese, but her immediate family is. Maybe a grandmother/father was British, I dunno.

3. Basically what I was going for here is that she was basically pissed off. I felt kind of the same way when my dad died, that the world is unfair and you just want to hit something. Perhaps revenge isn't really the right word for it, but that was kind of the thing I was going for.

4. I wanted to make her a bit more aggressive, so that way it would be more interesting to both read and write! I've never played an aggressive healer before though, so this should be interesting.

5. Sounds good, just wondering how that worked!

Anyways, I'll go ahead and fix those things up in the morning, shouldn't be too complicated of a fix. Probably should have sat on it and thought about it a bit more before posting. But hey, I was eager to get in this!

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Anyways, I'll go ahead and fix those things up in the morning, shouldn't be too complicated of a fix. Probably should have sat on it and thought about it a bit more before posting. But hey, I was eager to get in this!

Just let me know when you've made those corrections!

If anyone needs help lemme know!

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I know all the spots are filled and possibly the extra slot as well, but I would love to get back into roleplaying again and this is the most interesting RP to me here. Really, I have no shortage in time or ideas and I could have a character form completed in a few hours. Would you mind terribly if I went ahead and created one as a Patcher?

Last edited:
    Back