• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Sacred Gold Revamped!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2022
    Hi all, first time I visited this forum I noticed that there were hardly any ss and hg hacks soooo, I took a hack done by someone else, here is link and I take no credit for the work that was already done:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/pok%C3%A9mon-sacred-gold-storm-silver.327567/

For those of you that have not heard about sacred gold, its a hack of Pokemon heart gold, mainly its aim was to increase the difficulty of the game by editing every trainer/gym, while at the same time all 493 Pokemon can be caught in the wild. Please visit the link for further documentation and if your curious as to what other changes were made, but those were the main things that were done.

In my revamped version I edited the gyms in terms of the Pokemon and the held items, not really the levels, in order to make the gym leaders slightly stronger. So currently I edited up to the 5th gym leader chuck. Here is link for the file.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xz87m6q1mrnbby4/PokemonSacredGoldRevamped.zip

Edit: Ok I uploaded some images, and reworked the first 5 gyms to make them less harder. If anyone likes what I did I will continue to update. FYI eevee isnt a starter you get him as you go on the journey and the sprout tower boss gives you a stone depending on what you wanna evolve eevee into, this info can be found in the first link I posted.

Attachments

• PokemonSacredGoldfalker1.png
      PokemonSacredGoldfalker1.png
      9.6 KB · Views: 447
    • PokemonSacredGoldpidgeot.png
      PokemonSacredGoldpidgeot.png
      11.4 KB · Views: 460
    • PokemonSacredGoldswellow.png
      PokemonSacredGoldswellow.png
      11.2 KB · Views: 360
    • PokemonSacredGoldRevamped__10556.png
      PokemonSacredGoldRevamped__10556.png
      11.3 KB · Views: 273
    • PokemonSacredGoldhercross.png
      PokemonSacredGoldhercross.png
      12 KB · Views: 308
    Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi all, first time I visited this forum I noticed that there were hardly any ss and hg hacks soooo, I took a hack done by someone else, here is link and I take no credit for the work that was already done:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/pok%C3%A9mon-sacred-gold-storm-silver.327567/

For those of you that have not heard about sacred gold, its a hack of Pokemon heart gold, mainly its aim was to increase the difficulty of the game by editing every trainer/gym, while at the same time all 493 Pokemon can be caught in the wild. Please visit the link for further documentation and if your curious as to what other changes were made, but those were the main things that were done.

In my revamped version I edited the gyms in terms of the Pokemon and the held items, not really the levels, in order to make the gym leaders slightly stronger. So currently I edited up to the 5th gym leader chuck. Here is link for the file, and please let me know how it is otherwise I wont continue it, you DO NOT need an ips patcher just an emulator to play .nds files.
    [redacted link]

Distributing ROM files directly violates the PokéCommunity rules. Please reupload your hack in patch form. You also require two screenshots to be in the Sideshow Showcase.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2022
    Ok I will re-upload. Sorry for the inconvenience. Sadly I just edited the gyms without playing the game since I have finals coming up, So after them(next friday) I will upload some screenshots since I have to go all the way to the first gym.

Also the game's gym leaders level have not really been increased so the curve is still the same as Sacred Gold meaning, you DON'T need to grind for like 10 mins, so fighting the trainers and occasionally killing wild Pokemon should give you a high enough level to surpass the gyms; However you will need more than a higher level to beat them.

Each gym leader has the highest AI value, and 4 full restores as well as full rosters. I should probably mention the leaders don't follow the evolution rule, meaning they can have lets say a pigeot at level 16, instead of pidgetto.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2022
    Has anyone made it to the first gym yet? This thread got over 400 views in little more than 1 day, please let me know how the hack is, even if its the first gym( which I like to call a Flying Type Gauntlet XD ). Thx.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2023
    I have to ask, are the wild pokemon level/trainer pokemon levels on par with those of gym leaders?
    The baseline gold/silver games had CRIMINAL level curves AND wild pokemon distribution. And, for all that people rave over HG/SS it did NOTHING to address this issue.
    This is how the game should had the pokemon level curve:
    1st gym level:15 | wild pokemon level: 10(max)
    2nd gym level:20| wild pokemon level: 15(max)
    3rd gym level:25| wild pokemon level: 20(max)
    4th gym level:30 | wild pokemon level: 25(max)
    ... and so on. Similarly the kanto gym leaders should also be edited.
    1st and 2nd kanto gym level: 60, 3rd and 4th 65 ... and so on.
    You should also, in my opinion, edit the wild pokemon list so that a large no of pokemon are available early. Add teddiursa to Ilex forest, add larvitar in an early game cave, add misdrevous and drifloon to sprout towers.
    For all of its features, HG/SS have some very obnoxious flaws that I hope you'll correct.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2022
    I have to ask, are the wild pokemon level/trainer pokemon levels on par with those of gym leaders?
    The baseline gold/silver games had CRIMINAL level curves AND wild pokemon distribution. And, for all that people rave over HG/SS it did NOTHING to address this issue.
    This is how the game should had the pokemon level curve:

... and so on. Similarly the kanto gym leaders should also be edited.
    1st and 2nd kanto gym level: 60, 3rd and 4th 65 ... and so on.

Yup all this is done with the exception of the gym leaders levels. Since this is a hard hack gyms are 5-6 levels higher than the normal game, but you dont need to worry about grinding unless you catch a-lot of pokemon first and want to level them up in the beginning of the game. ALL wild pokemon levels are edited as well, for example after the elite four you go to the other region where you can find tangela around lv 57 depending of the area.

You should also, in my opinion, edit the wild pokemon list so that a large no of pokemon are available early. Add teddiursa to Ilex forest, add larvitar in an early game cave, add misdrevous and drifloon to sprout towers.
    For all of its features, HG/SS have some very obnoxious flaws that I hope you'll correct.

Driftloon is at sprout tower but only at night, larvatar and teddiursa is at violet cave.

All areas are edited. An ALL pokemon can be caught, just visit the 1st link I posted, it gives more info as well as DOCUMENTATION, but DO NOT USE the ips patch in the documentation use the SECOND link I posted to get the game.

**All I did was edit the gym leaders of the original ROM hack to make the fights more harder, in terms of strategy.

FYI this hack is for those who want a challenge, since any 6 year old can beat the gym leaders with the level curve you posted Armsmaster.

I will post screenshots, just give me a few days.

Last edited:

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    doesnt need any permission for dryano ?

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2022
    No I did not get permission, however, I am not takin credit for his work(Did you read forums rules curiters?), plus I edited some stuff, so its not 100% his. Also why ask such a question when I stated this in my first post?

Anyway, did you try it out? How was the first gym? Was it too hard? He has an aerodactly, altari, pidgeot, honchcrow, and some others at lv 13-15. You might have to train to lv 17, and get a rock type from violet cave if you chose the grass starter.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2023
    That's fantastic! I'll definitely give this a try. I mostly play GBA and Ds games on my phone but I don't have a laptop at the moment. Will give you feed back when I get back home(8 days to go)

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2022
    That's fantastic! I'll definitely give this a try. I mostly play GBA and Ds games on my phone but I don't have a laptop at the moment. Will give you feed back when I get back home(8 days to go)

Good to hear, also I will not only be updating this thread in the next few days, but also I will make a few tweaks with the gym leaders to make their move-sets slightly more fairer, cause I think right now the moves that their Pokemon learn is somewhat abusive if you're just starting out.

Did anyone else try this ROM hack out?

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2020
    After putting in enough hours i gotta say that this hack isn't helping vanilla at all. "Gold", "Silver" and their revamped counterparts were really boring games to begin with. In fact these are no different than any other...
    It's not that easy to merge two regions in one game and gamefreak propably knows that. How to create a game with a rich fantasy world in it but without restricting it to the player only? The studio failed with that concept in mind and this hack isn't any different. It's like we are the only one and everything revolves around us. This in the end reduces whole background into fenced playground, limited by objects and levels.
    Hated how i couldn't go whenever i wanted. Hated how npcs were constantly blocking my way without any solid reason behind them. Hated their patronizing behaviour. Hated how everything was already rigged, designed, shallow... This is not "Pokemon" i used to cherish. This is only a cold grinder with "catch'em all" slogan all over it.
    So where's the difference? The aim of this hack is to get Arceus. For what reason other than greed? Why wasting time on hunting hundreds of Pokemons? Why bother with collecting stars for trainer's card? Those are all useless pixels in the end that have nothing to do to with "Pokemon" in general. Nothing to do with simple concepts and dreams.
    I was looking for a hack that could change mistakes gamefreak made. "Sacred Gold", "Storm Silver"... weren't the answer.

I'm pretty much certain that it was the last pokemon game i've ever touched. I'm getting too old for this. Miraculous world filled with equally miraculous beings. It's such a simple thought and yet it is impossible for developers to achieve. I lost my hope to ever see it.

This account i've opened to leave my expressions on different hack. Now i'm closing it, for there is really no future for me here. Regards.

Years
    • Seen today
    After putting in enough hours i gotta say that this hack isn't helping vanilla at all. "Gold", "Silver" and their revamped counterparts were really boring games to begin with. In fact these are no different than any other...
    It's not that easy to merge two regions in one game and gamefreak propably knows that. How to create a game with a rich fantasy world in it but without restricting it to the player only? The studio failed with that concept in mind and this hack isn't any different. It's like we are the only one and everything revolves around us. This in the end reduces whole background into fenced playground, limited by objects and levels.
    Hated how i couldn't go whenever i wanted. Hated how npcs were constantly blocking my way without any solid reason behind them. Hated their patronizing behaviour. Hated how everything was already rigged, designed, shallow... This is not "Pokemon" i used to cherish. This is only a cold grinder with "catch'em all" slogan all over it.
    So where's the difference? The aim of this hack is to get Arceus. For what reason other than greed? Why wasting time on hunting hundreds of Pokemons? Why bother with collecting stars for trainer's card? Those are all useless pixels in the end that have nothing to do to with "Pokemon" in general. Nothing to do with simple concepts and dreams.
    I was looking for a hack that could change mistakes gamefreak made. "Sacred Gold", "Storm Silver"... weren't the answer.

I'm pretty much certain that it was the last pokemon game i've ever touched. I'm getting too old for this. Miraculous world filled with equally miraculous beings. It's such a simple thought and yet it is impossible for developers to achieve. I lost my hope to ever see it.

This account i've opened to leave my expressions on different hack. Now i'm closing it, for there is really no future for me here. Regards.

My thoughts after reading this: "Okay. Bye bye..."

Manekimoney

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024

lolwut?

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2022
    Not sure if this project is dead but that download link is gone can you post a new one?

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • For those of you that have not heard about sacred gold, its a hack of Pokemon heart gold, mainly its aim was to increase the difficulty of the game by editing every trainer/gym, while at the same time all 493 Pokemon can be caught in the wild.

Ah so that's why the trainers have more pokemon and the game's harder, but i like that you guys added other pokemon, but it would of have cool to include the wild Eevees too

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2022
    Sorry for the late response I was busy. This hack is incomplete due to a lack of demand for it. I think initially I made a poll for it an the results didn't turn out like I'd hoped so I discontinued it. You guys can check out my platinum and Pokémon black hacks if you like. Just search for threads I created since those hacks are complete.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Rom crashes after i beat Sudowoodo and save in Sacred Gold

Topic, i dunno why this is happening, the saving was working fine until i beat Sudowoodo, any suggestions on how to avoid this crash?

Update

Nevermind it's fixed now

Update2

Ah so my post wasn't removed, it was moved here, nice

Last edited:
    Back