• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My First Ever WiFi Team Rate Please

MasterMagus

Time Traveling Magus
Years
Flygon - adamant SWEEPER
Choice Scarf

252 atk/ 4 HP / 252 speed

Earthquake
Outrage
U-turn
Stone Edge

Immune - Ground/Elec
Res - Fire/Psychic/Rock
Weak - Icex4/dragonx2

--------------------------------------

Scizor - adamant [Technician] SWEEPER
Choice Band

248 hp / 252 atk / 8 speed

U-turn
Bullet Punch
Superpower
Pursuit

immune - Poison
Res - .25 Grass/Normal/Ice/Psychic/Bug/Ghost/Dragon/Dark/Steel
Weak - 4x Fire

---------------------------------------

Infernape - hasty LEAD
Focus Sash

64 atk / 252 SpA / 192 Speed

Fake Out
Stealth Rock
Fire Blast
Close Combat

immune - none
Res - .25 Bug/Fire/Grass/Ice/Dark/Steal
Weak - Ground/Flying/Psychic/Water

----------------------------------------

Starmie - Timid [Natural Cure] COUNTER
Leftovers

252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Speed

Rapid Spin
Surf
Thunderbolt
Recover

immune - None
Res - Fire/Water/Ice/Fight/Psychic/Steel
Weak - Elec/Grass/Bug/Ghost/Dark

-----------------------------------------

Skarmory - Impish WALL
Shed Shell/Leftovers

252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Speed

Spikes
Whirlwind
Roost
Brave Bird

Immune - Pyshic/Ground
Res - .25 Grass and Bug/Normal/Flying/Psychic/Ghost/Dragon/Dark/Steel
Weak - Fire/Elec

------------------------------------------

Snorlax - Impish [Thick Fat] SOAKER
Leftovers

252 HP/ 252 Def / 4 SpD

Rest
Sleep Talk
Body Slam
Frost Punch

Immune - Ghost
Res - (Ability) Fire/Ice
Weak - Fight

----------------------------++++________________-------------

Don't mind the Immune/Res/Weak things just used that when I was making the team. I have never once battled on WiFi, this is my first time Breeding and all. Before I started I read up a lot from different sources and this is my team comp at this second. In theory it made sense to me and seemed pretty common for OU. Btw I friggen' Hate EV Training lol.

So the team works as an in and out team the Scizor/Flygon U-Turn Combo will make some great setups and blocks from my wall and soaker. Of Course they share the weakness to fire thus my opener, Infernape. He can not only open like a pro for my sweepers but he can soak a good bit plus take out soakers like Snorlax and Blissey while countering most openers. I chose Starmie for the fire soaking, anti-water and rapid spinner position a good support. Skarmory doesn't need much of an explanation just an amazing Wall for the physicals and awesome with whirlwind. Roost will recover any dmg that does get through plus spikes + stealth rock with whirlwind means more dmg overrall. Snorlax is for that annoying soaker, hes fat and loves it. I really enjoy the sleep talk combo and love the paralysis from Body Slam, can win games. Now originally I planned to have whirlwind on him to play the same effect as Skarmory but I switched to Frost Punch due to my lack of frost moves for dragon which I am weak to. If I am lucky I can catch a dragon switch in off guard. Will also help with the chance of frozen and grass and such.

So thats it, I did a lot of research and this is all theory for I have yet to have a single WiFi Battle. Yet, I have a lot of faith but research is not knowledge so any tips any advice or any suggestion would be much appreciated. SORRY FOR THE WALL OF TXT

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Yes that team can work if you predict well your opponent, just one thing skarmory isn't immune to psychic.
And I think you have Crunch on Snorlax for ghost types, but I think you would have better success using a ice/thunder punch since most ghosts out there are frail aside from dusknoirs and rotom forms, but I don't think they will switch into a Sp. wall.
So yeah that's the only thing I'll criticize the rest seems A-OK.
Just try it out now ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterMagus

Time Traveling Magus
Years
Thanks for advice, yeah I might have typed it in by accident. The pokemon stats/ev/moves are all copy and paste from a document I made to make the team.

And yes thats what bite is for but you are right about it, I could change it out for ice punch would come in handy against dragons since I have no ice moves throughout my pokemon.

I would love to test it out but I have no friend codes haha like I said have yet to battle a person yet. So if anyone wants to test or play some games with me add me please and lets do some battles eh!

I have finally started battling and have gone 2-1 with this team so far. I am very weak to a strong SpA but can compensate with strategic gameplay, might be looking at switching out flygon.

Opinions?

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Skarmory resists Psychic. It's not immune to it.

Flygon and Infernape need to swap positions. Flygon is meant to be a revenge killer/scout. I think your Snorlax is better off with Whirlwind over Focus Punch to let it phaze counters. I know that it'll be walled by Ghosts, Rocks and Steels because of this, but that's what your other Pokemon are for.

Years
^ by frost punch he actually means Ice punch, not Focus punch and I think his Infernape is in a good position, if you want my opinion, why would he lead with a scarfed Flygon?

P.S: I don't think your team is that weak against Sp.atacks, that's why you have Snorlax right? And Starmie can take special hits fairly well.

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
If you are stacking entry hazards you NEED a ghost. Put one over Scizor imo.

Oh and btw that ev spread on Snorlax is gross. It NEEDS special defense evs, use max hp and special defense with Careful. Crunch/Whirlwind over Ice Punch. Crunch for Gengar/Rotom who are large problems. Whilst Whirlwind for the things Skarm cannot Phaze like CM Jirachi, Charge Beam Rotom and CM Suicune. You arent weak to dragons at all in any sense of the word so Ice Punch is uneeded, you have 3 of the best counters/revenge killers to them in Flygon, Scizor and Skarm. Snorlax can take Draco Meteors also with ease.

Also try Specially defensive Skarmory (Impish Max Hp/240 Sp.D/ 16 speed, you can use up to 128 speed evs though which can be taken from special defense to outrun 4 speed 85's like Suicune and Cress) over your current spread with Taunt over Brave Bird. I find Taunt alot more than Brave Bird and helps break foe stall alot easier and shuts down any set up attempt at status or to set up Spikes on you or Wish Passing. The special defense evs let you set up on alot more whilst you dont lose many defense evs at all. use a Shed Shell as the item or Magnezone eliminates you.

Anyway, you are hugely Lucario weak. Id look into a sturdy fighting resist, Gliscor would work here and would fit over Infernape imo. It also gets SR.

Gliscor
Flygon
Ghost (Rotom-A on Shoddy and Dusknoir/Spiritomb on wifi)
Sp.Def Taunt Skarm @ Shed Shell
Sp.D Snorlax
Starmie

^ To sum up the suggestions.

Back