• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Is it too soon for Sinnoh remakes?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I don't know if Sinnoh needs remakes yet as the games really don't feel that out-dated and I do think they've aged pretty well, but I would absolutely adore to have them. Pearl is my favourite Pokémon game by a mile and having a new version of it to play around with would be a lot of fun. Honestly I feel like Kanto could even use (another) remake before Sinnoh as FRLG now feel very out of date as it is, but like I said I am very much looking forward to the eventual Sinnoh remakes if they happen.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2019
Well,

we had first gen remakes in 2004
we had 2nd gen remakes in 2009
we had 3rd gen remakes in 2014
so we get 4th gen remakes most likely in 2019.

When i think about it, the remakes might come out 13 years after the originals, which in my opinion sounds perfectly fine but maybe a bit later than expected. So, yeah, 2006 is so far away. I guess it would be fine if they'd released 4th gen remakes in gen 7 but gen 8.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
No omg, Sinnoh was my favourite region and had my favourite games. The legendaries were amazing, the hands down best champion of any Pokémon game and an amazing storyline. What's not to love? To see it playable on a 3DS with slick new graphics needs to happen

wundrweapon

Memelord
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 11, 2016
Before I begin, let me say that your signature made Roundabout start playing in my head. gg 11/10 would Yes again

Now my reply. I personally love the gen IV games more than any other to this day (biased somewhat), and I'd love to see them remade. I never really care about it being "high time" (noon?) for a remake, simply because I'll take one whenever. Following pattern, though, it seems that D/P will get their remakes (although there should only be one for Pt, imo) on whatever device succeeds the 3DS family

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 26, 2023
First off, let me say that Sinnoh has a very special place in my heart. When I first met my husband (over 7 years ago) I had never so much as touched a pokemon game. I had never watched the anime, never played the TCG, nothing. I had only really heard about it from commericals. I didn't even have any acquaintances who were into it.

I met my husband when I was 11 - almost 12 - years old. We met on a gaming chat, ironically enough, called DGamer, which you've probably at least heard of if you've ever played any disney DS game before in your life. He is and was a pokemon fanatic, even at the time we started dating. He would frequently be afk-ing from our chats to battle friends on Pokemon. When I turned 13 I got Platinum so that we could talk to each other on voice chat. Neither of us had phones! So I originally got the game JUST to hear his voice for the first time. Then I actually started playing and I was instantly obsessed. I beat the elite four and the champion within a week cause I just couldn't put the game down. I watched walkthroughs on youtube and ended up replaying the game over and over again (probably reset and replayed at least 50 times in the 7 years since I've started playing!)

So needless to say, when Sinnoh remakes come out I'll probably legit cry lol. It is so special to me. Every aspect of the game is just magical to me. I'm beyond ready for Sinnoh remakes and I hope they come out, like, as soon as Sun and Moon are released.

PS. Sorry for going off on a mushy tangent there.

Years
  • US
  • Seen Jan 22, 2017
No. Not yet. Wait for the new handheld console, and then we'll talk. It's not time for Sinnoh to be re-made yet. Let's hope they don't mess it up like how they messed ORAS up.

notecard

please kill me
Years
Well yeah, it's not like they're going to suddenly release a new game out of nowhere between now and November :p

I don't know why, but as much as I love Sinnoh, for some reason I'm not super enthusiastic about the idea of remakes. I just feel like Sinnoh is fine the way it is in Platinum, and I'm not someone who is too crazy about the 3D graphics.

If anything, it'd be cool to see some more mega evolutions of Sinnoh Pokemon, like mega Torterra, Infernape, and Empoleon, maybe Staraptor or Luxray or better yet Mega Kricketune.

Lapis

✿ Flower Child ✿
Years
I wouldn't mind having Sinnoh remakes. I would love to see those games in the gorgeous 3D world like X/Y/OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire. Maybe they can be the next games after Sun/Moon or Z if we ever get it. ^^

The Oranguru Way

ukulelel
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 20, 2016
I'll say what I said when people started talking about the Hoenn remakes: I'd much prefer a sequel. And I think others would too, if Game Freak just developed and released it.

Unfortunately, crafting a whole new plot for a sequel probably isn't doable while developing entirely new games (Sun and Moon and then whatever is coming next).

As for remakes though, I think if there's as much demand for them as there was for Johto or the Hoenn remakes, Game Freak will definitely do them by the time the next gen handheld rolls around.

Melody

Banned
Years
I would say definitely not too soon. <3

I look forward to a D/P/Pt remake within 1-3 years of Sun and Moon's release. Nintendo and Game Freak had better be on their "A" Game there.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
Well,

we had first gen remakes in 2004
we had 2nd gen remakes in 2009
we had 3rd gen remakes in 2014
so we get 4th gen remakes most likely in 2019.

I dunn think so...maybe you are right but personally I find that unlikely.

I think the remakes should come out in 2018.

I'd be quite offended if not.

2019 shouldn't be a remake year but for a 3rd version or new gen if the creatures continue to surprise us.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I dunno. Sinnoh games are sort of where Hoenn games were before their remakes, in that they were optimized for a console that is no longer being produced. However, the difference is that newer players didn't have the ability to play Hoenn games on the 3DS, while it's technically still possible to play DPPt on the 3DS.

However, if seeing colours search for gen 4 games has taught me anything, it's that they are really, really scarce. Thus, Sinnoh is getting a bit more rare nowadays. So I think it's time.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 6, 2024
It's not too soon in my opinion, but I think that rather than the remakes, TPC should make Pokemon Z first instead. Z was cancelled when S/M was announced but from all the hints, seems like it's pretty possible that Z is coming up next than Sinnoh Remakes.

If DPPt were to be remade, I'd assume it will be for the NX and not the 3DS

Years
When I first met my husband

... wut. Ohohoho! A young marriage! Gosh, I didn't even get married, but look at you! Wow. Well, good luck (in a good way, of course) because, you know, marriage and the statistics are against you. Not really thread to dole out advice, but carry on.

On the remakes? No, I don't think it's too soon. It's been over a decade, so I can see it happening. I hope it's not for the new console Nintendo is hooking up, because if it is Moon will probably be the last Pokémon game I play for awhile.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
If anything it will be for the new console they are releasing. Even then, we get remakes every 5 years it seems. 2019 would be the year, unless they decide to throw us a curveball, which I wouldn't mind one bit~

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 19, 2016
Sinnoh is forever my absolute favorite region and I would give anything to have remakes for the 3DS. :O I don't really care for the circumstances of if it's too soon but that's just me xD

Back