• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Samsung Galaxy S6

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • why is there no thread wtf

Well! I see Samsung is upping their technology. Samsung released a new Galaxy today. It's the S6, and it looks A LOT AWESOMER than any of the Galaxy's.

There's going to be two versions: The original S6 and the S6 EDGE (this one has curved edges)

Design: The front and back body of the phones are molded from Gorilla Glass. The frame is aluminum. Gone is the plastic shell that Samsung has been so criticized for in the past.

There are four colors for each — black, white, platinum gold, and topaz blue for the S6; black, white, platinum gold, and emerald green for S6 Edge. The Edge features curved screens on both sides of the phone. (Samsung first introduced a curved screen display last year on its phablet, the Note 4 Edge.)

The S6 and S6 Edge will no longer have expandable memory. Memory for the phones will be fixed at 32, 64 or 128 GB. Customers will also receive 100 GB of Microsoft One Drive for two years. "This helps people transition to cloud services," Samsung's senior director of product marketing Shoneel Kolhatkar told me.

Discuss! What does everyone think? Would you get one as soon as it comes out?

Photos & Article from The Verge

Article I pulled from Twitter

Years
  • I'm not overly concerned with being unable to remove my battery, but without being able to expand memory is another thing.

Tryndamere

the Barbarian King.
    Years
  • Both of them are not gonna last much in terms of battery life because of just 2550mAh/ 2600mAh batteries and quad HD displays. My LG G3 with quad HD screen and 3000mAh battery doesn't last long to begin with. Battery life of the new galaxies is going to be real shitty.
    Also, no memory expansion so that's pretty much a deal breaker.

Tryndamere

the Barbarian King.
    Years
  • Before I forget, USB OTG wasn't struck down. It's a form (albeit cumbersome) of expandable memory, but I'd like to see if it has OTG support before I completely turn it down.

All flagships have OTG support, don't worry. OTG has become a standard nowadays.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    It looks like a Xperia Z3 and a Galaxy S5 mashup. I'm more interested in the edge variant as the "new design" looks really the same. Also the lack of expandable memory is just money-grubbing crap. Having to pay about £100 just to double memory when microSD cards are so much cheaper is annoying and also means that there only need to be one version of the device so people aren't confused which one to buy.

The exynos processer is really hot and hopefully should be able to power the QHD screen better than on the LG G3.

Years
  • Samsung took a risk when they redesigned the Galaxy phone. I like how they ditched the plastic style, because that felt very cheap, and I didn't really like it. It kind of reminds me of a certain other phone, but I can't quite name it. Anyway, the risk was for the better in my opinion. I don't really care about something being waterproof, since I don't bring technology around any bodies of water. I'm already used to not having expandable memory, so I'm not overly bothered by that. Basically, it all depends on who you're asking, since some people might like those things. I'm not too bothered with the loss of those.

Those specs are pretty beastly. I don't think you can get much better than that.

Also, the edge version. Although it's nothing new, I find it pretty interesting for some reason. I really hope that it's better than the previous attempts of the edged screen.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • It looks gorgeous, but the non-removable battery and inability to expand memory was Samsung shooting themselves in the foot. Especially with that crappy battery life. To be honest, though, I'd probably still buy it if I could afford, it, I carry my charger with me all the time lol.

Back