• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Funny/Annoying/Troll Sets

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
Years
  • Do to run any odd, anyone sets that are hilarious? I was looking at swalot today and I want to use him. Unfortunately, I can only team build on showdown because it's down but...

Swalot @ Chesto Berry
    Ability: liquid ooze
    Moveset:
    Stockpile
    Rest
    Infestation
    Toxic
    EV's: 252 hp, careful nature, make defense and sp. Defense even.

Or

Swalot @ Black Sludge/Chesto Berry
    Ability: liquid ooze
    Moveset:
    Acid Armor
    Amnesia
    Protect/Rest
    Fire Punch
    EV's: same thing as above

Quagsire likes the same set (the first one ) because of unaware. I give it lum berry and recover, though. Snorlax does this well because of its ability, immunity.
    Share your sets!

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    This is Simple. I troll all the time with

Probopass
    Level 1
    Sturdy
    Berry Juice

Moveset:
    Toxic
    Protect
    Pain Split

Sawk (When they expect Probopass)
    Level 1
    Berry Juice

Sturdy

Moveset:
    Pain Split
    Toxic
    Protect

1v1 Master Race

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • This is Simple. I troll all the time with

Probopass
    Level 1
    Sturdy
    Berry Juice

Moveset:
    Toxic
    Protect
    Pain Split

Sawk (When they expect Probopass)
    Level 1
    Berry Juice

Sturdy

Moveset:
    Pain Split
    Toxic
    Protect

1v1 Master Race

FEAR stragety? I have never seen these two as one. I kind of want to try it out now, lol.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • It's a shame Minimize was banned in competitive battles quite a while ago. This would've been perfect on Chansey, who could utilize an Eviolite and do Minimize, Substitute, Toxic and Soft-Boiled.

Speaking of Funny movesets, Lilligant in Doubles (or, heck, at the center position of Triples!) can use Teeter Dance on any moveset. Obviously she'll need a Timid nature and max Speed investment to make the most of it, but the results should be hilarious...

BadPokemon

Child of Christ
    Years
  • It's a shame Minimize was banned in competitive battles quite a while ago. This would've been perfect on Chansey, who could utilize an Eviolite and do Minimize, Substitute, Toxic and Soft-Boiled.

Speaking of Funny movesets, Lilligant in Doubles (or, heck, at the center position of Triples!) can use Teeter Dance on any moveset. Obviously she'll need a Timid nature and max Speed investment to make the most of it, but the results should be hilarious...

In doubles, pair it with Klefki. In triples, combine it with Llefki and Togekiss.

Lilligant uses teeter dance. Klefki and Togekiss paralyze the opponent. Turn two, Klefki sets up a screen. Lilligant uses boosting move. Togekiss paraflinches/ paradise third pokemon. Turn three, Klefki sets up second screen. Lilligant uses a boosting move. Togekiss paraflinches the largest threat. Turn 4/5, confusion ends and Lilligant teeter dances. I can't stop laughing at this.

Dark Phantom Samurai

Finesse & Perfection
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    Shuckle? A full team of them would make most players feel pretty annoyed :)

But aside from the obvious how bout a Mega Aggron:
    Iron Defense
    Thunder Wave
    Roar
    Mud-Slap/Rest
    Evs: 252HP/252Sp.Def -Nature: Careful

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2015
    Here you go:

Swellow-Lvl 22 @Focus Sash
    Ability: Scrappy
    -Quick Attack
    -Endeavor

Explanation:Here you can use the F.E.A.R strategy.Focus Sash will protect you from OHKO moves.You should use Endeavor first.Since you are slower your opponent will go first.He will leave you with 1 HP,then Endeavor will drop your opponent's HP to 1 and then quick attack will kill it,because it always goes first.Scrappy ability will make sure that you will be able to hit Ghost-type Pokemon with Normal-type moves.However there are some holes in this strategy:
    -Make sure you have 100% HP,focus sash won't work if you have HP below 100%
    -Clear Stealth rock,because you will loose around 1/4 of your HP.
    -Make sure that you won't get poisoned.
    -Make sure that your opponent's Pokemon can't use moves like Quick attack,or its stronger version Extremespeed.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    "why does this have to happen?"

Anyway, sets should at least be viable and not metagame weak waste of a team slot garbage imo or whats the point when you're essentially 5vs6.

Last edited:

Professor_Jared

Mr. Fish trainer
    Years
  • Well this tends to be my troll Pokemon whenever I play showdown

"Shut up Wesley!" (Yes, I do like that meme, it's actually one of my favorites) the Clefable@Weakness Policy

Bold Nature

Cosmic Power
    Moonblast
    Stored Power
    Soft-boiled

IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
    EVs: 252 HP/248 Def/8 SpDef

The only problem is this set needs a couple of turns to set up, but once the set-up is in place, the trolling begins.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • When I get bored and feel like angering people, I shuckle.

Shuckle @ Leftovers
    Ability: Contrary
    EVs: 204 HP / 252 Def / 52 SpD
    Sassy Nature
    - Infestation
    - Toxic
    - Shell Smash
    - Rest

Mew @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Synchronize
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Hasty Nature
    - Psych Up
    - Psychic
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Baton Pass

Most people will stat boost while you're stalling with shuckle and then you just switch to mew and they'll continue to think they have the upper hand until you psych up and switch out to basically anything else with a little defense. Yes, I've actually won battles using this combo and then a special attacker and a physical attacker for your sweep.

Badly played footage of a Shuckle victory. Link.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Tek

Tek

Years
  • "why does this have to happen?"

Anyway, sets should at least be viable and not metagame weak waste of a team slot garbage imo or whats the point when you're essentially 5vs6.

The point, it seems to me, is to have fun. Y'know, play just for the sake of play? Plus, it turns out doing so is actually vital for your development, health, and productivity; all work and no play makes everybody duller'n a snot rag. Fact.

On which principle, I plan to play online with a Teeter Dance/Sing Pikachu I got in a trade (Once I get it to Lv 50, that is). Maybe even use it in a tournament. Wynaut, right? It will be loads of troll-y fun!

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    The point, it seems to me, is to have fun. Y'know, play just for the sake of play? Plus, it turns out doing so is actually vital for your development, health, and productivity; all work and no play makes everybody duller'n a snot rag. Fact.

On which principle, I plan to play online with a Teeter Dance/Sing Pikachu I got in a trade (Once I get it to Lv 50, that is). Maybe even use it in a tournament. Wynaut, right? It will be loads of troll-y fun!

I was never aware auto losing was fun.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Let's not turn this into some fight, people. I think Elf's point was that there's a difference between fun/troll/annoying sets that are also good and fun/troll/annoying sets that are crap. I'd think that the most rewarding sets are the ones that both win you a match AND **** with your opponent/are just amusing.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • FOR SAND TEAMS

Garchomp @ BrightPowder
    Trait: Sand Veil
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature

- Substitute
    - Swords Dance
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw

BrightPowder + Sand Veil Chomp was a nightmare at the beginning of Gen 5. BrightPowder was banned in Round 3, alongside Blaziken, while Chomp got the boot next round and Sand Veil was banned after BW2 was released. Now that sand has been heavily nerfed, it's not as dangerous as before, but it can still pull off a sweep thanks to its evasion and great bulk.

This set absolutely needs Weavile, Mamoswine, Skarmory, Bronzong and especially Togekiss removed, so Air Balloon Heatran is a great partner. It also needs to be paired with Smooth Rock Tyranitar/Hippowdon as 5 turns aren't nearly enough to stall for a Substitute reliably, in hope that the opponent misses.

Back