• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon ball super

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
Years
  • Used to watch db a lot in da 90's . and a lil bit dbz in the early 2000's and datz it. I started wstching the new episodes of dbs and wow is great

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    It's gotten better, that's for sure.

I'm not going to say anything about the newest episode since I'm not sure if everyone is up to date, but holy shit.

I've been enjoying it since they got past rehashing the movies. Just wish the animation was a tad bit better.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • It's gotten better, that's for sure.

I'm not going to say anything about the newest episode since I'm not sure if everyone is up to date, but holy ****.

I've been enjoying it since they got past rehashing the movies. Just wish the animation was a tad bit better.

I'm hearing the exact opposite about the newer episodes due to being unoriginal and the like, making the fans appreciate GT more than bashing it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    I'm hearing the exact opposite about the newer episodes due to being unoriginal and the like, making the fans appreciate GT more than bashing it.

I guess it's just the different communities. Granted, I've enjoyed it based off of the nostalgia "it's Dragon Ball!" feeling. Then again, I actually enjoyed GT for what it was so guess I just like anything DB :p

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • I've been keeping up on DBS since a few weeks after it started airing. It was slow when it was rehashing the movies (and dare I say I preferred Resurrection F over the DBS canon? lol), but once the original content started, I found it started to become a lot more enjoyable and I've been looking forward to the next episode every week.

I think it's safe to say that a lot of the series is simple fan service though. Bringing back Freiza was the first obvious hint of that and the massive amounts of Vegeta x Bulma fodder, new Super Saiyan forms... but bringing back Future Trunks was definitely the icing on the cake. lol I am absolutely not complaining though, and I have been very interested in the most recent arc. I am compelled by the story, especially after this week's plot twist.

If the animation quality was more on par with the movies, that would have been great. Not sure how tight of a budget Toei is running on but it's a little disappointing to see such poor animation quality on a series that's as big-name as Dragon Ball.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    I've been keeping up on DBS since a few weeks after it started airing. It was slow when it was rehashing the movies (and dare I say I preferred Resurrection F over the DBS canon? lol), but once the original content started, I found it started to become a lot more enjoyable and I've been looking forward to the next episode every week.

I think it's safe to say that a lot of the series is simple fan service though. Bringing back Freiza was the first obvious hint of that and the massive amounts of Vegeta x Bulma fodder, new Super Saiyan forms... but bringing back Future Trunks was definitely the icing on the cake. lol I am absolutely not complaining though, and I have been very interested in the most recent arc. I am compelled by the story, especially after this week's plot twist.

If the animation quality was more on par with the movies, that would have been great. Not sure how tight of a budget Toei is running on but it's a little disappointing to see such poor animation quality on a series that's as big-name as Dragon Ball.

If the episodes were on par with the movies...
    KqlesdL.png
    I'd be in love.

I've loved Goku Black and the return of Future Trunks. He has been one of my favorites since he first appeared.

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
    Years
  • In regards to animation I believe they are cleaning it up once BluRay/dvd release. Same thing that happened with the sailor moon crystal, here.

Didn't watch much super until it got into anime original content. tournament arc was meh but trunks coming back was a really cool idea.

Salty as a sailor after what happened to Vegeta in the latest episode though. No one gets to do anything of significance still except for goku.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    Salty as a sailor after what happened to Vegeta in the latest episode though. No one gets to do anything of significance still except for goku.

It's the Goku show :[

I really wish other characters had the chance to do something. Which I guess it's too much to ask by now.

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
    Years
    Spoiler:

It's the Goku show :[

I really wish other characters had the chance to do something. Which I guess it's too much to ask by now.

Ikr what happened to Gohan is a perfect example.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2020
    Spoiler:

Ikr what happened to Gohan is a perfect example.

I'll probably watch the new episode in a few days. Sounds interesting tho.

if only we could have another Gohan moment with him showing up as a badass :why:

Back