• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Generic Spam Weather and Win Team

Detox

K so, if you know or may not know. the generation V metagame is highly centralized around weather. Chances are, if you ladder and battle 4 times, 3 of those battles will be against a weather team. I found it rather hard to battle against teams with Drizzle abusers, so I had to run Ferrothorn on every team (which was assy imo :/). Soon enough though, Drizzle + Swift Swim was banned on the same team and I was able to breathe a sigh of relief. However, not to far after the ban, a rapid rise in the amount of Drought teams came. Noticing this, I basically said "screw it" and made this to adapt to the metagame. So without further ado, I present to you, Generic Spam Weather and Win Team: Sunny Day edition.

The Team: At a glance
    Spr_b_5b_395.png
    Spr_b_5b_038.png
    Spr_b_5b_386S.png
    Spr_b_5b_445_m.png
    Spr_b_5b_103.png
    Spr_b_5b_549.png

The Team: Vision Enhanced

395.gif

Empoleon (M) @
    Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Trait: Torrent
    EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 92 SDef / 4 Spd
    Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roar
    ---
    Empoleon. Graceful. Majestic. I use him to crap on sandstorm leads like Hippowdon and Tyranitar. Pump is a Guranteed OHKO on Hippowdon, and pretty much mangles tar even with the Sp. Def boost. I run Roar to stop people who try something dumb like setting up a Baton Pass chain on him, but hey, its their loss.

038.gif

Ninetales (M) @
    Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Trait: Drought
    EVs: 248 HP / 96 SDef / 164 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Flamethrower
    - Hidden Power [Fighting]
    - Substitute
    - Will-O-Wisp
    ---
    "I set up Sun". Bulkier spread to you know. Live a Bubblebeam.

386_s.gif

Deoxys-S @
    Bag_Life_Orb_Sprite.png

Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Psycho Boost
    - Superpower
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    ---
    Deoxys. Why would you even use this, It sucks. Nope, our possible Uber candidate is actually useful outside of setting up screens. It revenge kills a plethora of things, including Scarfchomp, Scarfzandora, and +1 DD users like Haxorus and Gyarados. Its also a nifty Conkledurr switch in, and Psycho boosts the world. Its not afraid of Blissey because it carries Superpower too.

445.gif

Garchomp (M) @
    Bag_Choice_Scarf_Sprite.png

Trait: Sand Veil
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Claw
    - Fire Fang
    ---
    Scarfchomp. What doesnt this beat honestly. It helps me handle most other dragons (namely other Garchomps, Dragonite, Haxourus, and Latios) who otherwise I would probably struggle with. He is also a nice switch in to Thundrus if he tries to paralyze me, though I have to be quite wary of Hidden Power Ice.

103.gif

Exeggutor (M) @
    Bag_Life_Orb_Sprite.png

Trait: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    - Sleep Powder
    - Psychic
    - Energy Ball
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    ---
    Using him over Venusaur because well. I want to. He is such a cute check to Conkledurr as said Conkledurr does virtually nothing, and laughs as Virizion struggles to do anything (unless it has idk X-Scissor but then Garchomp beats it anyway).

549.gif

Lilligant (F) @
    Bag_Life_Orb_Sprite.png

Trait: Chlorophyll
    - Sleep Powder
    - Quiver Dance
    - Giga Drain
    - Hidden Power [Fire]
    ---
    Hi, I'm the standard sun queen flower plant thing. Quiver dance to boost stats, and then you pretty much outspeed everything. May take more than one to OHKO everything, but eh what are you going to do. I chose HP fire because as I have Garchomp and Deoxys mauling dragons in their own way respectively, I think its better to hit Venusaur harder and not be walled by Ferrothorn and Forretress.

Considerations

485.gif

Heatran (M) @
    Bag_Air_Balloon_Sprite.png

Trait: Flash Fire
    - Stealth Rock
    - Fire Blast
    - Earth Power
    - Taunt
    ---
    Possibly over Empoleon, as if I have to being it back out in the sun, it has little to no utility with its main stab nerfed. Howerver, I feel it could also be used over Deoxys.

257.gif

Blaziken (M) @
    Bag_Life_Orb_Sprite.png

Trait: Speed Boost
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    - Protect
    - Swords Dance
    - Hi Jump Kick
    - Flare Blitz
    ---
    "sup I'm broken" over Deoxys, as I do feel I need a physical threat bar Garchomp.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Well, If you stay with Exeggutor I see no need for Deoxys, maybe you'd like to replace it with Blaziken, but for a jolly one ^^.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    You definitely do need a physical threat outside Chomp, because frankly you're eaten by any stall team with Blissey on it. Blaziken and Sawsbuck are two very good options - and I'd actually rather replace Lilligant than Deoxys-S, because it does exactly the same job as Exeggutor before it. It's actually significantly less useful when I've already put something to sleep with Eggy. Plus, it's more frail than Eggy and has less off-the-bat power. It also really sucks when you put something to sleep and assume you get at least one turn of set-up and then they wake up and smack you with any physical move and you're dead. :(

And yeah, running Empoleon isn't doing a lot, I think. I'm never hitting for more than 40% outside of sun to Tyranitar (and that's the significantly more common sand lead) and I've yet to face a Hippowdon. Once sun is in, he feels really useless, even though he can take a lot of punishment. I'd rather use Heatran over him any day, I think.

Deoxys-S isn't really meeting my expectations either. While it is really fast, it just doesn't hit hard enough to kill things when I need them to die. I've tried a variety of things over here, though none of them have worked especially well. You could try to run another sun sweeper here or something to deal with other weather teams, since honestly that's the biggest problem this team faces if you don't count Blissey.

It is a very good team imo, but there are just a couple things holding it back. I particularly enjoyed smacking Skarmory with Fire Fang in the sun. >:D GL with the team!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I actually think that replacing Empoleon with Heatran is a good idea because it won't be doing much when it's forced to switch out, then back in when the sun is up.

Back