• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Passability problem underwater

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    Hey,

When I'm diving to an underwater map, there are invisible blockades on the ground. I can't explain, what happens here.
    - Both maps have the same size
    - In the metadata the map is registered as divemap
    - Terraintag is 0
    - Passability is given to all directions
    I mapped other undermater maps before and it works fine on these maps. There's only the one map, where this problems occurs and I always used the same tileset.
    To make it easier I uploaded the two maps, where the problem occurs. Can somebody help me out in this case?

Screenshot of the maps:

This is the blockade in the upper left part, where the player starts on the map after diving. The red market spots are unpassable, grey is where the player starts.

Here is the game with the two problematic maps to >download<

Last edited:

Seth Pegasus

Creator of Pokemon: The Conspiracy.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2021
    Well I did what I could with my limited abilities. But I could not figure out what's wrong. My only guess is the map is somehow corrupted. I suggest you erase the map and make a fresh one. No copy and paste. I tried changing the terrain tags as well, but the player just does not want to touch those few tiles.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2019
    Thanks for your answer, I don't know what's wrong here.
    With a new underwater map it works fine, seems you are right and the map is corrupted...I just can't imagine how this could happen, I did it the same way. Mapping and set up the metadata.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Out of curiosity, when you created the new map, does it have the same id as the first? (Like, you deleted the old map before you made the new one, and it was put in the same map id?) I'm wondering if there was some external thing that was affecting that map id. I'd be interested if a new map you create on the same map id would have similarly bad passibility...

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I know what the problem is. It's the same problem a lot of people have.

Check your blank tiles. Try filling them in with one of the [X] tiles from your tileset. If they were all truly blank, they should all fill in at once, and they should all be the top left tile from your tileset. However, they're not. There are tiles in your map which are trying to use a tile that isn't in your tileset.

Make sure to fill in all the supposedly blank tiles with the actual blank tile. The best way is to fill them all with a visible junk tile first (e.g. a [X] one), to ensure all of them have been found, and then fill them in with the blank tile.

Back