• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Abilities Pokémon don't have you think they should?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Cacnea, Cacturne, and Maractus should have Rough Skin because they're cacti.

Frost Rotom should have Refrigerate because it's a refrigerator.

...speaking of Rotom...
    Why in blazes does a Fan Rotom (Electric/Flying) have Levitate? o.o It should be...um...static..? idek...

TheCrystalFlaaffy

Youtube Content Creator
    Years
  • ...speaking of Rotom...
    Why in blazes does a Fan Rotom (Electric/Flying) have Levitate? o.o It should be...um...static..? idek...

I really think Rotom Fan and Rotom Mow should get Motor Drive instead of Levitate, they run on a motors so it makes sense. Plus it's more useful competitively since Levitate is is useless for Fan and ground attack only do neutral damage on Mow.

Lol I must seem like a Motor Drive fan boy :P

rigbycwts

Hmm, hmm.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2019
    Pyroar (especially the male one) should have Intimidate, since it threatens any challenger.

Guest123123

The problem is, Rough Skin has some exclusivity to shark-based Pokemon, like how Spider Web has exclusivity to spider-based Pokemon or Glare and Coil mostly being for serpent-based Pokemon.
    Druddigon has Rough Skin and it's not a shark.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
  • I really think that Samurott should have received the ability Intimidate from the Dream World. His Pokedex entry from White reads:

"Part of the armor on its anterior legs becomes a giant sword. Its cry alone is enough to intimidate most enemies."

Seriously, they used this word to describe the Pokemon, so how could they not give Samurott Intimidate for its Hidden Ability? I understand why they gave it Shell Armor, but still...

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    I think it would be pretty cool if Rapidash got Motor Drive as one of it's abilities. When people talk about cars, which have motors, the speed or whatever is measured in horse power, so it makes total sense to me.

It would also be interesting if Dodrio got it too, it's PokeDex description in Alpha Sapphire is "Apparently, the heads aren't the only parts of the body that Dodrio has three of. It has three sets of hearts and lungs as well, so it is capable of running long distances without rest." so it has some sense to it, in my opinion at least. It would really help it out competitively too giving it an immunity to a type that otherwise is super-effective against it.

I think Reckless would be great for those Pokémon, since they have some decent moves to take advantage of it.

Back