• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to beat EX cards

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2014
    Hey there PokeCommunity, I was wondering if you guys had any tips on beating EX cards or just really high HP cards. I like to battle with one of my friends but the only problem is his mom buys him a whole new pack every week, where as I have to go to work to get the money to but new cards, which results in him having alot more cards then me, and a lot more legendary or EX cards. Im mainly looking at Mewtwo EX and Xerneas, as those are the two main cards he uses. Any tips would be awesome, thanks!

Fairy Tale~

Straight Outta Compton
    Years
  • Pyroar.
    180px-PyroarFlashfire20.jpg
    If you get this out than he's in for a lose.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2015
    A tactic that i usually use is using the Cloyster from the XY set and its clamp crush attack, which deals 30 damage and you flip a coin, if heads the defending pokemon is paralyzed and you can remove 1 energy from it. And sorry, i would post an image but i don't know how to do it correctly.

Years
  • A tactic that i usually use is using the Cloyster from the XY set and its clamp crush attack, which deals 30 damage and you flip a coin, if heads the defending pokemon is paralyzed and you can remove 1 energy from it. And sorry, i would post an image but i don't know how to do it correctly.

Being that it's based on a coin flip, that doesn't sound like the most reliable method to lock down an EX.

Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2015
    Being that it's based on a coin flip, that doesn't sound like the most reliable method to lock down an EX.

Although it relies on a coin flip, the effect of the attack has a 50% chance of going off, which is a good limiter for the paralyzation + energy discard, and if you play it in a deck with the Victory Star Victini, you can try again if needed. Although i do admit it isn't a perfect counter card, if its effect continually goes off each turn, it can solo a team so long as they don't kill it. In essence just use it if you're okay with taking a gamble.

Years
  • Although it relies on a coin flip, the effect of the attack has a 50% chance of going off, which is a good limiter for the paralyzation + energy discard, and if you play it in a deck with the Victory Star Victini, you can try again if needed. Although i do admit it isn't a perfect counter card, if its effect continually goes off each turn, it can solo a team so long as they don't kill it. In essence just use it if you're okay with taking a gamble.

It may be 50/50, but that's not a gamble I'm personally comfortable with. I'd rather have a more certain counter, myself. Like the Safeguard Pokemon, for instance.

Back