• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heart Gold team - who should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2012
    I am currently in the process of figuring out my Heart Gold team.

I have decided that I will use the following:

Weavile
    @ Muscle Band
    Moveset: Ice Punch, Brick Break, Night Slash, Swords Dance

Alakazam
    @ Wise Glasses/Life Orb
    Moveset: Psychic, Energy Ball, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball

Gyrados
    @ Leftovers
    Moveset: Waterfall, Stone Edge, Ice Fang/Eartquake, Dragon Dance

Tyranitar
    @ Dragon Plate
    Moveset: Earthquake, Fire Blast, Crunch, Outrage

Need to fill two spots. I'm considering these fire types for my fifth spot:

Arcanine
    @ Charcoal
    Moveset: Crunch, Thrash/Extremespeed, Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse

Houndoom
    @ ???
    Moveset: Flamethrower, Dark Pulse, Sludge Bomb, Nasty Plot

Magmortar
    @ ???
    Moveset: Flamethrower, Sunny Day, Solarbeam, Thunderbolt

And the sixth spot I don't know.

Any feedbacks or critique? I'm open to any suggestions.

Thank you.

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I would recommend Houndoom for your Fire Choice , equipping with Life orb .
    Or maybe running Typlosion with Eruption ( max 252 EV speed ) . it's quite fun .
    Or run Ho-oh since you're playing heart gold .

The 6th slot , evolve the Togepi to Togekiss with Air Slash , Roost , Heal Bell and Thunderwave/Body Slam with Leftover .

For your Tyranitar , why not run Leftover/Life orb instead of Dragon plate since it only boost Outrage .

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2012
    If you are trading to get something, you might as well as trade a couple of lv 100 pokes to get thru the game. I suppose your team is restricted to Item clause?

I'm getting the items from a friend and my brother. No problem there. I want to get through the game by raising them from the start, makes it more fun. However, I will transfer several level 100 pokemon from my Platinum copy for competitive battling as soon I defeat Red. But I want to use my new team for competitive battling, so any feedback is good.

AsaQuilava

Monstreaux
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2012
    What do you think about editing your original post to say how you plan to use these pokemon? Knowing your intended strategy will help people find weaknesses in your team that can be corrected.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • In-game teams simply don't fly around here. From your latest post, I see that you want this to reach for competitive endeavors later on, but this fails to meet many S&M regulations regardless. (for example, if this was going to be a competitive team, EVs would need to be taken into account, and that's where in-game training/run through ruins it) Sorry man. =/

locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back