• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think happens to a Pokémon stored in the PC?

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
  • Anyone ever wonder what becomes of a Pokemon after storing it in a PC? The storage system, I mean. I've been playing for a while now, and never really thought about it until now.

Yeah, we can change the little backgrounds and whatnot for each box, but what do they do in there? How do you even put one "in" the computer in the first place?

Share your ideas!

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2016
    Well, pokemon can be turned into light using pokeballs, why can't they be turned into data, too? I always just assumed they were just turned into data. that's what I think.

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
    Years
  • Well, going by the anime, all of the trainer's helping Professor Oak had their Pokemon sent to him. I do believe there was a banned episode where they went inside a computer when Team Rocket tried to steal Pokemon inside. So, I believe as above they are turned into data.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    They must retain some form of conscious awareness, as their happiness shrinks when they are put in the PC. Or is that just from the anticipation as they see you approach it?

Years
  • Well they're in they're pokeballs when they go in, so they probably are in the same situation as pokemon in pokeballs. except they usually don't get let out.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    Why do I have the image of them stacked ten to a box?

I think its just the same as when they're in their pokeballs. Can't see it being any different.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    I think they're turned into data as well. Actually, I bet it's the same with pokeballs.

Hm... imagine a storyline where somebody figures out how to adjust the data, and they end up creating super-powerful Bug-types or something.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    I think they're turned into data as well. Actually, I bet it's the same with pokeballs.

Hm... imagine a storyline where somebody figures out how to adjust the data, and they end up creating super-powerful Bug-types or something.
    This pun, I love it. This needs to be done. With the result being MissingNo. as a real Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    When you put Pokémon inside balls, I've always imagined them to live in their little world, filled with their own imagination and whatnot. They're turned into energy, so physically, they're unable to do much things; mentally, though, I suppose sky would be their limit. Space, actually. There are various other theories out there, but this one seems to make the most sense to me; all-in-all, I like it.

Once they're called into Poké Balls and are sent to PC, they're still technically living inside their ball. Only thing different is that you're not carrying them yourself; rather, they're stuck within a safe storage system, which not much people could access but you--the trainer. They're sort of like a bank account, so to speak. Money are still money whether you put them inside or not, but it just gives you a secured place to have them stored.

GeraldTheTheroiest

Pokemon Theroiest
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2015
    Well, going by the anime, all of the trainer's helping Professor Oak had their Pokemon sent to him. I do believe there was a banned episode where they went inside a computer when Team Rocket tried to steal Pokemon inside. So, I believe as above they are turned into data.

The banned episode you are thinking of is the original episode 38 of Pokemon titled "Electric Soldier Porygon"which gave hundreds of kids seizures. I don't recommend it but you cans search the episode up on youtube and find the scene.

Now to the question at hand i personally think the pokemon are stored in some kind of digital realm where the owner of the Pokemon can only access them.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I agree with the Pokemon being turned to data theory. I also think that when a Pokemon is sent to the PC, ball and all, they may be put in a state of suspended animation.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'd rather think of Poke Balls as being storage devices holding some kind of pocket dimension. While the balls get sent to the PC, they only hold information regarding the location of this dimension, but not the dimension itself. That means while the Poke Ball is converted into data, the dimension (and thus the Pokemon it contains) stays as is.

I really can't imagine Pokemon becoming simple data files. If that was the case they should be able to even store humans into the PC, giving even the possibility of curing incurable diseases (because data files are editable).

Noibat

Years
  • There are a lot of adaptations that can be done. In the cartoon, they are at a lab actually running free. In the earlier games, they seem to sit until you could put those themed backdrops up for pokemon typings. I like to think that it's a mini beach (simulation, probably) to make them more comfortable

Back