• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New to X/Y

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jun 10, 2016
    I just started playing X and I fell in love pretty quickly with the graphics, feel, music, etc. But although I'm almost done with the game, I'm wondering about replay factor. Does anyone here feel as though it's extremely easy to level up and progress through the game?

I'm currently 20 levels higher than the 7th gym leaders Pokémon and it almost takes the fun out of it. I'm hoping to breed more and use the PSS to length the game.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jun 10, 2016
    I did that around the 6th gym but I think it was too late.

I won't use it for Y. I want to breed/trade off of my X.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I did that around the 6th gym but I think it was too late.

I won't use it for Y. I want to breed/trade off of my X.

It honestly doesn't help much anyways, I beat the whole E4 and champion with 1 pokemon.
    You would have to do some crazy nuzlocke to make it more difficult.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Trying to capture new Pokémon, trade, etc. on our way does help lengthening the overall game, in a way, if this is something we are interested in.

Kurosaki

(「・ω・)「
    Years
  • Yeah, even without Exp Share it's still easy. I'm currently replaying X and enjoying it well enough, but it's also been nearly two years since I've last played. So I've forgotten a lot of it by now. Originally, I tried to replay it again too soon and it was just boring and I stopped.

If you're gonna replay it, it probably helps to play some other game in between, take a break for a bit. I think it would help if there were more to do after the Gyms / E4 or a better story, but without that stuff it's kinda...eeeh.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jun 10, 2016
    Yeah I paused last night to start breeding in an attempt to slow it down.

Gotta agree with the Sun/Moon comment above as well.

I just started up AS so that'll keep me occupied. And if I feel like grinding, I need to challenge Red still on HG.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jun 10, 2016
    Can I ask how long it took you to get over the game?

With dragging it out; stopping to breed, PSS, etc. I finished the game (Elite 4 bit: Pre) at 46 hours. That's with grinding and the above taken into consideration. I still have the post to do now as well.

Back