• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A thread about trains, but not the July 4?!

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
Will you guys be going to see fireworks? Did anyone of you do something special today? Will you be doing your own fireworks? Do you guys really care about the holiday, or not so much?

AND HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!

Sirfetch’d

I love fireworks but all the shows here got rained out ;( We managed to shoot a few here at our house once the storms stopped but it wasn't nearly as fun as the shows are. Had an amazing 4th though <3 we had a really good barbeque earlier :D

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
I went to see them last night, which was good because I then was able to spend the rest of my night chilling at home :P

Lucid

I celebrated by binge drinking, boating irresponsibly and throwing fire crackers at cars. It was lovely.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I celebrated by sleeping in. I made a couple of steaks but didn't really feel like going out and watching anything. Used to we would celebrate by buying several thousands of dollars worth of fireworks over the span of three months and then stay up til 2 or 3, have a big cookout and the whole neighborhood would gather around. But it's been about four years since we've done anything like that. Last year we went to a music festival downtown for the 4th. But my dad moved away so that was pretty much out of the question since nobody else would want to go and partake in the activities.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
My dad made his lasagne, which is the best food I have ever tasted in my life. No joke. And I played a 3 1/2 hour board game with my family...and won! Then we watched some firework shows and stuff, but didnt do any ourselves.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Did you guys make a special 4th of July frappacino to celebrate the moment, or...?
Nope, I just lethargically went through all of my tasks, haha.

Although we do have a raspberry, blueberry italian soda on sale. It sounds pretty good, and I might have to treat myself tomorrow considering I don't normally work Sundays.

Zoroark Cutie

The Illusion Fox Skyfarer
Years
My 4th of July basically sucked. Went to my grandmother's house for a family dinner, I didn't eat anything because I was not hungry as I ate a ton the day before (Plus none of the food interested me. Too much meat for me.), talked to no one and this was just my decision because considering how the only thing that everyone was going to be talking about was football, NASCAR, and a bunch of other stuff that I don't care about, my phone was out of data so I couldn't listen to music on Spotify, no fireworks, and got to spend no time with any of my friends or my sweetie. I'm not gonna sob over it though, the new week is starting and that means I can spend a night with my bestie.

dad

big poppa
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 13, 2018
i got a car and the dealership made steaks for everyone. it was a good day

Sir Codin

Okay, people, it's July 5th. So those of you who were celebrating last night, are you going to keep this love of freedom and getting government out of our lives going? Or are you going to go right back to supporting every anti-freedom statist policy those on Your Team are hawking?

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
i always found nationalist holidays like these rather embarrassing

i like how most nz citizens view our national holiday as not much more than a day off and a day of reflection rather than a crazy day of forced and embarrassing patriotism

Universe

all-consuming
Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
i don't really care much about July 4th anymore, but i hung out with friends, had some good food, and watched a funny movie anyway.

not a huge fan of fireworks, unfortunately.. they're a bit too overwhelming for me.

Years
I haven't been to a fireworks show in years...which is a bit sad, but whatever. It's mostly a matter of I don't feel like going out and waiting, and then having to fight my way back home through a line of cars. I did hear some fireworks from my apartment last night, though. I'm sure my cat did too, given the way his tail was looking. :')

The only thing I've done on the 4th in recent years - and what I did yesterday - is go to a barbecue that people I know put together every year in a nearby park. And for once, I brought a dessert that was actually almost finished! Seems silly to be excited about that at all, but usually people skip over what I bring (guess they tend to be boring compared to some of the desserts other people bring).

Other than that I don't really think much about the day. It just means going out for some grilled food and desserts, maybe watching some of the kids play with water balloons (they were vicious this year with them dear god), or the adults play volleyball, and then eventually going home and sleeping off what I ate.

Although I wouldn't mind being able to watch fireworks easily.

Back