• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tips on getting into 5th gen competitive battling?

Bd9

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2018
    Hi, so yesterday I decided I would open up my Black 2 cartridge for the first time in like 2 years I think. I then remembered that I had a team of all Lv. 100 and maxed out Pokemon and have done everything I could in the game besides events. And I had tons of usable competitive Pokemon (training my shiny Gigalith right now). So what are some basic tips on getting into competitive battling?? Are there still people that battle in Black/White? Also, how do you find friend codes or training codes?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    You can no longer do online battles with 5th gen cartridges since WiFi for DS (and Wii) games was shut down in like May 2014. The only games that can do battles with other people these days are the 6th generation games: X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire.

The 5th generation meta does still exist on Pokemon Showdown, thouhg idk how many people play it. If you wnat to get into the 6th gen meta, Smogon has some resources to view, and the people here on PC are willing to help you out too.

Back