• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen (postgame) Which should I do first?

Which should I do first?

• Total voters

AZ Jr

There is a fine line between fishing and just stan
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 9, 2014
    They are both equally difficult in my opinion, which should do first and why? I've got the perspective of save the best till last, but that could be changed.

uncleteemo

Platinum God C:
    Years
  • Well, if you're interested in getting a competitive team, perhaps finish the national dex for an oval charm to speed up the breeding process (I think it provides faster eggs?) or if you like shinies, an increase in the rate is nice also.

However, at the end of the day, it's all up to you.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm already done building my competitive team, haha. Currently, it consists of Scizor, Gyarados, Espeon, Dusknoir, Chesnaught, and Talonflame. Done plenty of online battles with it, and it seems to work pretty smoothly. n_n;; Used to have Blastoise in Gyarados' place, but it wasn't really able to perform as good. As for PokéDex, I haven't started on it yet.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm actually doing two things right now. I'm breeding starter Pokemon (collected all starters, from 1st to 6th generation Pokemon), while I'm completing the Dex. I should probably focus more on the dex because I really really really want that shiny charm. ;;

Building a competitive team won't start until I get a HA Poliwag. :D

Elements1

Meh
    Years
  • if you complete the dex you have a higher shiny chance for when you're breeding a competitive team

This.

It's what I did and got a shiny Magikarp with 5IV so that's what I would recommend. Let me know if you need help completing the national dex, I would more than glad to help!

Years
  • I've always found competitive team building to be a "best for last" sort of thing so fill the national dex first in my opinion. That's the path I took! Feels great that I own 'em all and can build teams without much else to distract me. :3

Then there's the fact that you get a shiny charm after completion of the dex too, haha. Would be rockin' to get some shinies on that competitive team. ;P

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • I would say Pokedex. By filling it up, you complete the Kalos Pokedex and get an Egg Charm (can be obtained by at least seeing every Kalos Pokemon) which can help you build your team greatly by up-ing the chance of finding an Egg in the day care. Also after completing and filling most of the National Pokedex, you can get the shiny charm which is also useful bonus when trying to find your competitive team. If you think that's all bore and slow, then you can at least fill it slowly while finiding your Competitive team.

Back