• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Renegade

Years
12.png

**To all wondering, I have removed the download link and stepped this thread down to a "[Developing]" one. I was not pleased with the result of 1.1 and have decided to take it down. I'm aiming for the demo to be in December!**

Welcome to Pokemon Renegade! It's a fan-game created by yours truly~! This game will eventually contain around 76 cities (53 in the states, 12 in Canada, 11 in Mexico) but as of 9.21.16, there are 16 cities and quite a few routes. The game is about 22% complete, being worked on very frequently.

mapregion2.png

(North-East Region Map!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Features!
-2 Badges
-16 Cities to explore!
-Based off of North America
-Distortion World
-New Mega Pokemon!
-Gen 1 - Gen 5 Pokemon, more will be added in future updates
-Rather political, it is based off of America after all!
-Modern and original tilesets!

Features Changed from 1.1 Beta!
Spoiler:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Progress: 22% Complete
progress22.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Plot:

Your character is born on the island of Hawaii. A huge tsunami wipes out the city and you are forced to evacuate your home in Honolulu, leaving your family and friends behind with no idea of the future. You go on a quest to try and defeat the evil teams that ultimately separated you from your family (and discover what happened to them), but much later you are given the choice between good and evil (many different endings). The game is based off of the continent of North America, all cities being places in the real world!

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

New Megas (or some at least!):
178_1.png
419_1.png
586_4.png

You WILL need WinRar to play the game. It's a free software.

In the full version, many things will be updated. IE: Custom Trainer Sprites, interior tileset, changed sprites, OST, etc.

If you find any bugs or have any questions/suggestions, please email me at '[email protected]' or on Twitter @TheRollinSpheal.

Link to blog:
Here

Thanks for downloading!

Beta 1.1 Changes~ (This isn't important due to the removal of the download link)

Spoiler:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upcoming Features in Version 2.0! (This December)
Spoiler:

Created Cities
-------------------------------------------------------------
-Honolulu, Hawaii
-Augusta, Maine
-Burlington, Vermont
-Concord, New Hampshire
-Boston, MA.
-Providence, Rhode Island
-Hartford, Connecticut
-New York City, New York
-Lancaster, Pennsylvania
-Trenton, New Jersey
-Annapolis, Maryland
-Washington D.C.
-Frankfort, Kentucky
-Charleston, West Virginia
-Richmond, Virginia

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 19, 2016
This looks a lot better than the last time I saw it, great job! Keep adding new screenshots! Could you add a Mega Claydol? It's my favorite Pokemon and you said you were up for ideas xP
Thanks again!

Years
At first, I was a little wary since you did say it was based on North America and that it's also influenced by politics, and with the race the way it is I didn't want that to get in the way, but it seems to have quite a bit of potential and I'm interested how you'll incorporate the different aspects of American culture into a Pokemon game.

Years
At first, I was a little wary since you did say it was based on North America and that it's also influenced by politics, and with the race the way it is I didn't want that to get in the way, but it seems to have quite a bit of potential and I'm interested how you'll incorporate the different aspects of American culture into a Pokemon game.
Don't worry too much about the politics. It's not blatant, but it is kind of hinted at. It has nothing to do with Trump or Hillary, just politics in general, haha!

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 9, 2024
Okay, so how long till that demo comes out? I wanna know how long I'll be waiting. Because if it's a while, I might just play, because it would still be cool to do and then see how different it'll be.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 9, 2024
I'll probably go ahead and play it. I'm impatient, and like I mentioned, I think it's cool to see the changes. Can't see it if I don't play the previous version. How much progress will there be? This one only has two badges, so I don't think I'll get attached enough to be a problem.

Are there any features you feel comfortable sharing? I'm curious if there'll be a vs seeker. I like hatching eggs if there's a pokemon I like later on in the game, and it's a pain to level them back up again. Lots easier if you know trainers it can beat quickly to get it up with the rest of the team. It would be cool seeing more of those. And what game are the move pools based off of? I know I love the Shiftry evolution line, but the omega sapphire and emerald has a better pool.

Sorry, I'm kinda nosy. I'm excited for this. It just looks so cool and like a really nice idea. I'm going to explode by December. XD

Years
I'll probably go ahead and play it. I'm impatient, and like I mentioned, I think it's cool to see the changes. Can't see it if I don't play the previous version. How much progress will there be? This one only has two badges, so I don't think I'll get attached enough to be a problem.

Are there any features you feel comfortable sharing? I'm curious if there'll be a vs seeker. I like hatching eggs if there's a pokemon I like later on in the game, and it's a pain to level them back up again. Lots easier if you know trainers it can beat quickly to get it up with the rest of the team. It would be cool seeing more of those. And what game are the move pools based off of? I know I love the Shiftry evolution line, but the omega sapphire and emerald has a better pool.

Sorry, I'm kinda nosy. I'm excited for this. It just looks so cool and like a really nice idea. I'm going to explode by December. XD

Sorry for late response, I didn't get a notification!
In 2.0, there should be around 6 gyms. NO PROMISES, but there should be. It's about halfway-ish through the game.
As for features, I'm not too sure. There are a bunch :P. I might add VS. Seeker, but it was not planned. If you are concerned about leveling, though, in most towns there is a place to train against other trainers and get useful items. It's like a Battle Maison, but you get experience.
In the final update there will be some breeding and more competitive-leaving features that will be missing in 2.0.
As far as I can tell, the movesets are based off of Emerald.
Thanks again! :)

Years
Update (as of 9.2.16)
Yes, this project is still being continued, I just haven't posted a whole lot about it.
Here is a list of new features:
Spoiler:

All of these (and more!) will be added in the 2.0 version of Pokemon Renegade, set to come out in mid-December!
I am still looking for a scriptor or anyone who can contribute anything to this game! I found someone who will do graphics but help is still needed! Thanks.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
Wait so this project only srtarted in august or is that who you revelled the demo?

Otherwise very ambitious to say the least. I'm doing a north american setting as well, but taking it in a very different direction to say the least lol

In the process of adding the EBs--failed miserably. Will try again. But otherwise good luck. I would be interested in playing your game.

EDIT: But then I see your screenshot about Providence, so maybe our games might be more similar.

Years
Wait so this project only srtarted in august or is that who you revelled the demo?

Otherwise very ambitious to say the least. I'm doing a north american setting as well, but taking it in a very different direction to say the least lol

In the process of adding the EBs--failed miserably. Will try again. But otherwise good luck. I would be interested in playing your game.

EDIT: But then I see your screenshot about Providence, so maybe our games might be more similar.

It's nice to hear that someone else is doing a game based on North America as well! It's truly is an amazing place. I'm basing my game slightly around the history of the continent.
Also, the maps have changed a lot since the screenshots I've posted :P I should probably get around to changing those at some time, huh!
Also, I'm kind of lost xD What are EBs?

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 15, 2024
It's nice to hear that someone else is doing a game based on North America as well! It's truly is an amazing place. I'm basing my game slightly around the history of the continent.
Also, the maps have changed a lot since the screenshots I've posted :P I should probably get around to changing those at some time, huh!
Also, I'm kind of lost xD What are EBs?

EBs - typo. EBS = Elite battle system. I was running on 5 hours of sleep then.

Back