• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project Crobat

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
With the success of my custom beedrill deck, i felt like building a new deck on something that also has some promise. Crobat was suggested, and is a fairly decent card. It seems strong enough. 40 damage for PCC doesnt seem like much. But it can do quite a bit of damage between turns with virbank city gym, 40 + 20. The only problem is that it does take quite a bit to charge up crobat, it relies on status effects, and the fact that it is team plasma is also another negative. So it has quite a few weaknesses. Virizion Ex can prevent poison, Keldeo Ex can cure it, and silver mirror can prevent its attack completely. Also Latias EX is another thing that can shut down Crobat, since it has an ability. Eitherway...

Pokemon: 13
4-2-4 Crobat
2 Reshiram LT
1 Lunatone

Crobat is obviously needed for this deck. I have grown use to using 2 middle steps in my 2 step decks. Its added consistency that helps speed up the deck. The Reshiram are imo one of the best counters to Virizion Ex that this deck could have. With a silver bangle, reshiram only needs 40 damage to OHKO Virizion and Genesect. 1 Lunatone teched in to help me draw what i need with night sight. This deck could use some other pokemon. Not sure what yet. Though im thinking either mewtwo or Deoxys Ex.

Supporter: 12
4 N
4 Juniper
3 Skyla
1 Bianca

Standard for my decks that use rare candy.

Trainer:
4 Rare Candy
2 Plasma Triggers
3 Silver Bangles
2 Level Ball
2 Ultra Ball
2 Switch
2 Tool Scrapper
Dowsing Machine
2 Ether
2 Virbank City Gym

Rare Candy is pretty much no brainer. Silver Bangles help with damage output vs EXs. Plasma Trigger is one of those cards that i have always wanted to make use of. With Silver Mirror and Garbodor being huge in the metagame atm, access to instant tool scrapper can be huge. The ethers are in the deck because Lunatone can help me check the top 2 cards before i use ether.

Energy: 12
4 Double Colorless
8 Psychic

I imagine this is a decent energy count, though i might be able to drop 1 or 2.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
I guess i forgot to add that. Theres definitely space left over. That was just a first look at the deck. Either way its going to be hard for me to test it since i lack 4 crobat IRL or on the PTCGO. If you happen to have a play set or something that i could borrow that would be nice.

Years
I'll see what I can muster up in TCGO. Shipping to Hawaii is a bit more than I can afford right now, and I don't think I managed to pull 2 full playsets (I know I had at least one full playset back in May 2013 when I first tried it out, and I've pulled at least one more since, but I haven't bought a whole lot of Plasma Storm packs since then) in the physical TCG.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Took me a while to get stuff for ampharos, a play set of a 2 step pokemon takes a bit of effort to collect online.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Just as Beedrill will receive a boost from Flashfire. Crobat does as well. Dragalge prevents retreating when poisoned. So Crobat can be seriously dangerous. In addition. Since the meta is changing away from plasma pokemon. Silver mirror will also see less play. Thus making crobat even more viable.

Garbodor may also be used in case of Virizion/Slurpuff. Granted it gets rid of all of your pokemon's abilities as well. It could mean a win or loss vs a virizion.

With Muscle band and Virbank city, Crobat can hit for 120 to any pokemon. The pokemon is un able to retreat because of Dragalge.

Also being that Crobat is a team plasma pokemon, you can also make use of frozen city. To force your opponent take a bit of passive damage as well.

This also means you can make good use of Reshiram with Outrage. Doing 20 damage to itself per energy drop and being almost forced to use double colorless. Means that it can start doing 40 damage with 1 energy drop. With a silver bangle that 70. If you also use Rainbow energy in your deck. You can do even more damage to reshiram. With 2 rainbow energy drops while frozen city is out. Reshiram gets hit for 60 damage, with the addition of a muscle band. It hits for 100 for 2 energy. This is great against Virizion/Genesect. Being able to OHKO any of those pokemon.

bringing along lysander/pokemon catcher can be really helpful. As it can allow you to focus down Virizion ex/slurpuff and let Crobat go to work on the rest of the deck.

Just a few thoughts on the new possibilities for a crobat deck.

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
Did you want me to work up a deck list? or do you want to toss one together yourself?

Back