• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Rate My Platinum Team?

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2018
    Just downloaded flawless platinum (awesome hack btw) an i was wondering if you guys can rate my team or any advice oh an im using shinoh pokemon ONLY

Infernape
    Roserade
    Floatzel
    Garchomp
    Hochkrow

Cant find 6th poke any advice? An were do you get magmotarizer lol?

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I think you're missing Electric, Psychic, and possibly Ghost coverage. How about Mismagius? It can learn Shadow Ball, Psychic, and Thunderbolt by TM's you can get at the Game Corner, and it gets Nasty Plot to boost its Special Attack.

Years
  • If you can post your movesets too, it may help others to tell what you need. A Ghost-type is not required at all, as you have Honchkrow to counter Psychic/Ghost types. But a Electric-type will be good.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    use a nidoking. his ground poison type helps with your balance and he can use whatever the fuck move he wants..like thunder. ^.^ Or you can go with a nidoqueen and try a rest strategy for funzies. ice is your teams nemesis though so maybe not another pokemon weak to ice.

Maybe a hypno or a lanturn would work well for you aswell, or a Yanamega for funz(can lear ghost/psychic moves)..

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I'd suggest an electric type! I think it's too late in the game to train a Shinx up but an Electivire or Magnezone could be good Pokemon to consider.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Like most of the others said, I think an Electric or Psychic mon would fill in nicely as your last team member. Seeing how you also have a bit of an Ice weakness, it is also highly suggested to not put in another mon who is weak to ice.

ChaddyCFC

Veteran PokéNerd
    Years
  • Just downloaded flawless platinum (awesome hack btw) an i was wondering if you guys can rate my team or any advice oh an im using shinoh pokemon ONLY

Infernape
    Roserade
    Floatzel
    Garchomp
    Hochkrow

Cant find 6th poke any advice? An were do you get magmotarizer lol?

Massive weaknesses to a Water/Ice Pokemon (of which there are tonnes).

Years
  • AHA! You're missing Magneton! That's you're problem! Magneton can be found plentiful in swarms in Fuego Ironworks (Diamond and Pearl) or Route 222 and Fuego Ironworks in Platinum! Magneton gives you you tons of coverage in Platinum, as it has the most resistences of any Pokémon in the game up until this point! Don't forget to make it learn Magnet Rise to completely avoid Ground Type Attacks! Magneton can also learn a wide variety of Special Move Types from Zap Cannon, Flash Cannon, Tri-Beam, Thunderbolt and Mirror Shot! Don't pass it up! Magneton is a beast in Generation IV!

Gandhi Savage

[FONT=Maven Pro][COLOR=#00AAFF]OJAMA DELTA HURRICA
    Years
  • I second classiccartoonsftw and say that Mismagius would be a perfect member for your team - such an underrated 'mon.​

Back