• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Playing ROMs on an acutual video game device?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pingouin_7

- Supercard DSTwo
    or
    - AceKard 2i

Has an emulator for Gameboy and NES that runs on both the DSTwo and the AceKard 2i.
    There also are emulators for GBA and SNES which run only on the DSTwo (There's SNEmulDS that allow you to play SNES on AK2i, but it's not worth the trouble until it gets updated by those guys.)

Playing roms on your GBA:

- EZ-Flash IV
    or
    - EZ-Flash III
    or
    - M3 Perfect

You're going to have to patch the GBA roms through the device's patcher software before adding them to your miniSD/internal memory.
    There are emulators for NES and GB, which are PocketNES and Goomba Color.
    (I never tried either of them, so I can't tell how good they work; however, they're supposed to work pretty great and are your best options.)

Get the NES or SNES emulator, stay away from any other.
    Is there any reason we should stay away from Lameboy and NDSGBA?

By grabbing yaself a R4, you can then go download Lameboy.nds and any Gb/Gbc rom it let's you play and Gameboy rom anywhere. (Gba not included)

And r4's can do SNES and NES too. :P

You forgot to mention people are going to be limited to a 2GB microSD card as well as being unable to run the cart on a DSi/3DS.

(Also: Ewwww, R4.)

ChaosJester083

Still alive
    Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2019
    I have recently discovered that Lameboy can play hacks! I didn't know if this was well known or not I just thought I'd mention it.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • For playing roms on your DS:
    You forgot to mention people are going to be limited to a 2GB microSD card as well as being unable to run the cart on a DSi/3DS.

(Also: Ewwww, R4.)
    I though they had mods that allowed for support for microsds bigger than 2gb. Also, the R4 team were some of the first (if not the first) to get a card funning on 3DS. Granted that if your talking about the original R4, it's completely incompatible with the 3DS, but when was the last time you heard of someone buying an original R4 and not an R4i or R4 Gold? I do agree that something like the supercard, ez-flash, or acekard is better though. That is unless you're like me who bought one of the first 1000 EZ-flash Vis made. Those thing were unable to be updated, and were really just an upgrade of the V+. They got recalled. XD

spoiler for anyone who wants to check and see if they have this "limited edition cart".
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Pingouin_7

I though they had mods that allowed for support for microsds bigger than 2gb. Also, the R4 team were some of the first (if not the first) to get a card funning on 3DS. Granted that if your talking about the original R4, it's completely incompatible with the 3DS, but when was the last time you heard of someone buying an original R4 and not an R4i or R4 Gold?

The R4i Gold wasn't made by the R4 team.
    In fact, pretty much none of those krappy klones with R4 in their names are made by the original R4 team.
    That team disbanded years ago.

The only reason why R4i Gold is acceptable is because YWG decided to make a custom kernel which is maintained by him and provides game fixes for games that don't work.
    I cannot recommend either the R4 nor the R4i Gold, even though they run Wood, because no-one should buy obsolete/clone cards.
    However, they are good cards to get if you don't have enough money for an AceKard or Supercard.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    you can play that roms in mobiles too, i has playing on my nokia n95 s60v3 with vbagx

sry poor english

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Definitely the physical copy in a proper gaming device. I don't think I have ever completed a rom. What is the point off catching a bunch of pokes if it is just saved to your hd, plus you could just dl a save state.

Mesonoxian

Novice Rom Hacker
    Years
  • ); I'm gonna cry, I just wrote a 5 paragraph long explanation of (in my opinion) the best method of taking ROMs with you everywhere, and because there was a link, it was deleted due to my lack of posts. oh well, I'll post a tut soon.

NatureKeeper

Definitely the physical copy in a proper gaming device. I don't think I have ever completed a rom. What is the point off catching a bunch of pokes if it is just saved to your hd, plus you could just dl a save state.

Your argument is Rayquaza-approved.

:t384:

Regardless, sorry but original, working Pokémon LeafGreen Copies and Gameboy Advance are sort of kind of hard to come by nowadays. ._. I use the Wii, personally, for playing GBA games, as well as the 3DS (Virtual Console, but still emulation nonetheless).

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2013
    I have r4i 3ds i wanna play pokemon light platinum please help me.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • I have r4i 3ds i wanna play pokemon light platinum please help me.
    Well first you'll need a flash cart for GBA - I believe Light Platinum is a hack of FireRed.

But if you can play GBA on an r4i, you need to get an SD card and download the patched ROM onto the SD card. That's pretty much how you do it.

If that's not the answer you were hoping for, then please elaborate on why you mean.

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2012
    I'm getting a jxds5110 there are multiple models but mine does n64 gba gbc genesis and some others. It also does all kinds of media and runs android. Ask me if you want to know anything else.

Years
  • i dont know about you but i consider my phone a gaming device, considering i have the sony xperia play. and with a gaming phone of course comes emulators:
    gba
    gbc
    nes
    snes
    n64
    sega gen
    psx

i play games everyday haha

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2013
    I'd suggest an Ez-Flash IV if you're looking for a GBA flash cart. It's kind of tough to find them nowadays, and an Ez-Flash IV is probably the easiest one to obtain. I've got one that I use to play hacks on, and it works flawlessly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back