• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Pokemon Game and why ?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    There's a few, but first and foremost, for me, would definitely have to be Pokémon Emerald. Love all maps, music, and characters that they have--they're all unique and different in their own, respective way--and the plot this game carries is super-engaging. Plus, unlike Ruby and Sapphire, this game's also got access to a place known as Battle Frontier, which I remember having a ton of fun exploring.

Up next are X and Y. Although they do kind of lack in terms of storytelling, but what makes me like these two games is their features. One's got to be player customization, which is something I've always wanted to see in Pokémon games.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2014
    Pokemon Blue as it was the first Pokemon game I played and I got all 150 (not Mew) back in the late 90's.
    But I also like the second Gen and I tried a 3rd gen game (Emerald) recently and it seemed ok, but I prefer the 1st generation.

Years
  • Mine is, as it still is at this very time, Black 2 and White 2. The games have so much to do, lots of Pokémon to choose from to make a team out of, the climax of the story being amazing (with Ghetsis trying to impale you with Kyurem, but N saves you only to find out that that was part of his very plan), Iris being a very cool Champion to me with a sick battlefield and music using lots of Pokémon that I really like (especially on Challenge Mode), and then there's the post-game which just makes it all the more enjoyable. I've played through the games so many times and it's just so much fun for me.

X and Y are second. They too have amazing variety, and the 3D made everything more lively, along with customization, and how much easier breeding is, it was a big step forward for the franchise.

Those two are my big favorites. But will Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire take the spots of either one of them?

Boured

The Guildmaster
    Years
  • I do not know if this counts but my favorite Pokemon game is.......actually it is 2 games PMD Red/Blue rescue team and Time/Darkness/Sky because they are the only games that have ever made me cry or to be more precise ball my eyes out mostly because of the ending and the fantastic story telling that'll do Chunsoft that'll do also ign don't really like ign that much anymore because they gave it a bad review on both games and anyone that has played these games know that you must never judge a game on what someone else says you must trust your instincts why do I talk wiser when I talk about this game?

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, without a doubt. While B1W1 told a much interesting story, B2W2 had tons of fun things to offer. Usually in the Pokémon games, there isn't much to do post-game. In B2W2, however, there are many things to do, from the PWT, to hunting Legendaries, to the Black Tower/White Tree Hollow. Not only that, but the story is interesting and the music is fantastic as always. I really wish we had more Pokémon games like B2W2 in the ways of post-game content, as I played countless hours on that game.

Years
  • Heartgold and Soulsilver. Johto is my favorite region, and G/S/C were my favorite games. So it's a no brainer HGSS are my all time favorites! The graphics, music, follow-me feature, I loved it all! Plus, we were still able to travel to Kanto which was awesome.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Pokemon Platinum.

I liked it because it had a more fleshed out story than Diamond and Pearl. Giratina and Cyrus' role in the story this time around seemed a lot better than in previous renditions, and Cynthia became more of a companion in this game. I liked it because it had one of my favourite locations in a video game, the Distortion World, introduced in it. I liked it because of the minute changes it had from D/P, such as the clouds covering the Eterna Forest, and Rotom being able to be catched after your battle with Gardenia.

But most of all, I liked it because it improved on what made Diamond and Pearl so great.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Mine has to be HGSS.

Reasons would be the post-league contents aka. the Kanto region and Red. Oh don't take me badly, I like GSC as well, but the updated graphics and music stood out. Plus, there's the Pokeathlon, the Battle Frontier, the Safari Zone, and a lot more legendaries to catch. And we also get to walk with our Pokemon, which is one feature that I hope will return in future games. I've spent hours playing both HGSS.

Next in line would be... BW/B2W2! Okay, most of the reason is because of the storyline. I fell in love with both of the stories of Gen 5, but there's still a lot of flaws in this Gen (exp mechanics...).

Pretty sure that ORAS will take a place if it manages to make me play the game again and again.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Pokemon HGSS is my favorite by far. I just had a fun time enjoying the gameplay, and with all the new features such as walking Pokemon, the Pokeathlon and much more. It's been a few years since I completed these games, and yet I find myself coming back to them just because of its replay value. :)

Emerald comes close, because nostalgia

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Pokemon Platinum

It's basically Diamond and Pearl in one big game. Cynthia being a more "helpful" champion, unlike in D/P and other champions. I loved the story line. Cyrus is my favorite antagonists. Cynthia is by far the best Champion. She was such a difficult challenge.

My second would be either Black and White 2 or X and Y. I liked BW/2 mainly due to the insanely good music. X and Y due to the customizations.

Nakala Pri

Pokemon Black! :D It was the first Pokemon game I ever completed and it has so much nostalgia and the plot was fantastic! :P The characters were unforgettable and you got to know the Gym Leaders. They also played a part in the story-line, which is rad-a-tad-toe.

The rivals were cool, yeah. :P

Emerald is second, because of the memories. <3

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I've gotta say HeartGold was a fantastic game and is probably my favorite of all the games. The Johto region is awesome and this game made it even better. I loved playing through it and quite possibly will again sometime soon.

Next up is FireRed and it's very close. I tend to be a genwunner more than I'd care to admit (or even than I want to be), so this game is very close to me. I'm constantly playing through it and pretty much always have a running file going on it.

EDIT: I do have to mention that Omega Ruby may make me change my mind, but we'll see.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Mine will always be the original Pokémon Silver, don't get me wrong I loved so many of the features of HGSS but for me the charm of the original game has been impossible to beat. It was the first hand-held Pokémon game I ever played (and honestly the game I've re-played the most); and with its Day/Night feature, use of the phone, Apricorns, Bug-Catching contests, two regions and starters (which are collectively my favourite of any gen), I think it was a pretty good place to start lol :)

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • My favorite game is Crystal, easily. I started with Gold, fell in love with it, and I loved the rival to pieces. I enjoyed the night and day, I enjoyed the music, and it was a perfect game to start seeing as it not only surprises you with a whole new region after all the work you do to get to the Elite Four, but to get to Mt. Silver and battle a really crazy strong trainer who has nothing to say to you... So mysterious and awesome.

I've said this a million times and I will say it again...
    Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal make the other Pokemon games look like crap in comparison. Those games blew my mind and no other Pokemon game has even come close.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    It is my firm belief that Emerald was designed by the heavens itself and then was mistakenly dropped onto Earth. Once found it was immediately enjoyed. By the time the heavens realized their mistake it was too late and all on Earth rejoiced for Pokemon Emerald was their's for all time.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    It's really hard for me to pick a favorite because they are all good in their own way. HeartGold/SoulSilver would be my choice because of white variety of things the game has to offer. All the legendaries you can catch and even two different regions! Honorable mention goes to Pokemon Colosseum and Gale of Darkness. Those were really good games I really wish they would something like again for the Wii. Battle revolution doesn't count haha.

Back