• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Pokemon Academy

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Hey guys, I'm back again. After a plethora of half-finished fan-fictions I've regained my inspiration, and since I passed the thirty-day post rule, I hope to have some people reading this new story.

It's based on a concept by me. I was wondering why Pokemon are conceived as such complex and heavily researched species, yet the trainer schools don't have much to them. So this focuses on a special Pokemon school, kinda like the Hogwarts of Pokemon.

I am nearly always looking for people to use as characters, and because I suck at making names I usually take PC members and involve them in the story. So, if you would like to be enrolled in the Pokemon Academy, just fill out this form and post in this thread:

Username (on PC):
Name (to be used in story):
Pokemon (first stage, found wild):

Character Sign-Ups:
CLOSED.

*Please Note: by sign-up, I do not mean you make the story, I mean I just use your name and include you in the sub-title (I can also VM you the updates, if you please).

Pokemon Academy: Chapter One

Starring Impo, ~Ryukaa

Rotom Fainted!

N-No! This-This can't happen! I can't lose! Not now! Not here! It's all.. all their fault! I will get my revenge! I don't care what happens! I will get my revenge.

Galactic Scientist Charon fled!

---

Impo took a deep breath as he walked onto the train's platform, heaving his luggage in one hand. Waving goodbye to his parents, he prepared to embark on a journey that would be the starting point for everything he hoped for. Impo had just boarded the train that would lead him to the most prestigious school of Pokemon that had ever surfaced.

Impo was male, and had just turned twelve. He was smart for his age, and was often labeled as a nerd. He didn't mind this though, as he took at as a compliment. Short, dark brown hair laid messily upon his head and he did not take much pride in his appearance. Despite all his drawbacks, he is still proud of himself, and very confident in most areas, despite worrying most of the time.

Impo had managed to get enrolled in the Pokemon Academy, whose bland name veiled its distinctiveness beneath. The Pokemon Academy was founded by six of the most renown Pokemon Professors that ever walked the earth. They had all gathered with their research in order to create a school where each student was able to achieve a quality education regarding Pokemon, and other essentials. Impo was sure his time in the Academy would serve him well.

Impo walked into an empty carriage, one of the many designated for students also attending the Academy. He placed his placed his luggage under the seat and patiently waited for the train to begin its journey, dwelling over his thoughts of what to expect at the academy.

"Attention all passengers. The train will now begin its journey. May all passengers return to their seats until further notice. Thank you."

The speaker node ended just as a student entered Impo's carriage. He was about to say something, but the train started to move and he tripped, falling on the floor next to his luggage. Impo jumped up to help him, trying not to laugh. Once the guy regained his stance, he began to talk again.

"Umm... heheh. Can I sit in this carriage? The other ones are either full or taken by weird kids."

"Oh, sure," Impo happily replied. He didn't mind sharing a carriage, and since the train had taken off, there shouldn't be too long until the end of the journey. He was beginning to feel anxious about what awaited him at the Academy.

"Sooooo," the boy said, "I'm Ryukaa, but you can call me Ryu. What's your name?"

"I'm Impo," said Impo, shaking Ryukaa's hand. The boy was roughly the same height and age as Impo. They looked pretty similar, the only difference being Ryukaa's blond hair. He seemed friendly, and Impo made a mental note to stick with Ryukaa when they arrived at the Academy. So far, he was the only person Impo knew on the train.

"Is this your first year at the Academy too?" Ryukaa asked, trying to start a friendly conversation.

"Yeah, I have absolutely no idea what the school's like. Do you know?"

"Well, maybe. I have a brother who graduated last year, he says we have to do some tests before they allow us in."

"Wait? What!" Impo began to worry. This was the first he had heard of tests. He didn't even have his own Pokemon yet - he wasn't ready to be tested.

"Tests!? What tests!? I don't even have a Pokemon! I'm going to fail before I even reach the gate." Impo sighed and buried his face in his hands. Impo's wailing shocked Ryukaa, and he calmly tried to cheer Impo up.

"Dude, relax! I think he was trying to scare me. He said something about wrestling a Dragonite, so I'm pretty sure he was lying."

"Oh thank God," Impo said, relieved. He began to take some deep breaths and calmed himself down. The two began to talk about anything. Anything and everything. From what will be in the Academy to what they will learn, and some other nautical nonsense. The two talked for a while, and created a friendship while doing so. They stopped talking when the train came to a steady stop, and the speaker node produce static.

"Attention all passengers. The train has now reached the Pokemon Academy. Can all students gather their luggage and proceed to exit the train through the front exit. Thank you."

"Well, let's go," Ryukaa said. The two carried their luggage to the front exit of the train, and stepped onto the Pokemon Academy threshold.

---

That's chapter one!
Please, please, please comment and critique. One of the main reasons I stop writing is because lack of feedback. So, yeah...

Last edited:

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
: O
I'm like Ron Weasly, but blonde! xDD;;
I wonder what I'd look like with blonde hair in real life... weird thought. xDD;;
Anyway, it's pretty good. I feel sorry for the Rotom.
It's a good start. It's simple for people to understand, you didn't over complicate anything, really. Which is a major plus for the first chapter. I'm a sucker for dialogue, so you got me there. xD;
I might critique it a little more harshly as this story progesses. But for now, good job. :D

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
: O
I'm like Ron Weasly, but blonde! xDD;;
I wonder what I'd look like with blonde hair in real life... weird thought. xDD;;
Anyway, it's pretty good. I feel sorry for the Rotom.
It's a good start. It's simple for people to understand, you didn't over complicate anything, really. Which is a major plus for the first chapter. I'm a sucker for dialogue, so you got me there. xD;
I might critique it a little more harshly as this story progesses. But for now, good job. :D

Haha, there will be some similarities to Harry Potter, because the school is based on Hogwarts.
And thank you for the comment!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
So I'm back with chapter two, with a cameo by another PC member, who will have a bigger impact on the story as it progresses. This is the first taste of the Pokemon Academy for our protagonists, and our readers.

Pokemon Academy: Chapter Two

Starring Impo, ~Ryukaa, Rossay

Stepping onto the Pokemon Academy threshold, Impo and Ryukaa admired the sight amongst other first-time students. There was a large chrome gate, with two pillars one either side. A top the pillars were two chrome Pokeballs, with the release buttons both facing the ground in front of the gate. Behind the gate was a path which led to a castle-like building. Even more impressively were the school grounds.

"Wow, Imps, check out this place!" Ryukaa gasped, observing the view.

"I know, it's huge. Are you sure we didn't get off at the wrong stop?" Impo replied.

"Positive. The reason for the vast grounds is the founders of the school have various methods of funding the Academy. And with their research, they've managed to manipulate the grounds into mimicking the habitats of Pokemon. So the grounds are flourished with Pokemon that migrate through the summer," interjected another boy.

Neither Impo or Ryukaa has seen him before, but he sure seemed to know a lot. He had red hair and was wearing thin-rimmed glasses.

"So there's all different kinds of Pokemon? Awesome!" Ryukaa cheered, clapping playfully.

"Yep. I'm Rossay, by the way. But call me Ross."

"Cool. I'm Ryukaa and this is Impo."

"Nice to meet you both!"

Before their conversation could continue, the two Pokeballs upon the gate began to emit beeping noises. The release buttons on both flickered red, then scanned all the students waiting at the gate. The scan finished, then after more flicking a hologram appeared before them. Much to everyone's astonishment, it took the shape of Professor Oak.

"Greetings everyone, and welcome to the Pokemon Academy! As you should know, I am Professor Oak, one of the founders of this school. Our main objective is to teach you all about Pokemon. After all, the world is full of them! I see everyone is here, so I kindly ask you to proceed through the gate behind me and I'll meet you at the entrance!"

The hologram disappeared and the chrome gates opened. Rossay was the first to eagerly enter, followed by the rest of the students. There was a long, straight path towards the entrance of the school. The group made it to the iron-clad doors, and were greeted by Professor Oak himself. After the group settled, he began to speak.

"Ah, is that all the newcomers? Okay then," Oak took a deep breath, and then spoke.

"Welcome, new students! Welcome to the Pokemon Academy! Here lies the finest, state-of-the-art resources that you can use for your education. You will be taking classes revolving around many things, but that will be explained later. The first thing we need to do is get everyone their first Pokemon! How does that sound?"

The students all showed their enthusiasm, and Oak continued to talk.

"Well, that great! Just grab your things and follow me, if you will!" Professor Oak gestured for the group to follow him. He led them away from the front entrance, and took them on a small path that broke of from the main one. The path was made of stones and was very windy. Ryukaa tripped over at least twice before the path led to a wide meadow. The meadow had bright green grass, and there was a forest right next to the clearing.

"Okay everyone, this is what's going to happen. This is where you catch your first Pokemon! To the right of me you see the Novice Forest. You have until six o'clock to capture your first Pokemon. If you fail to do so you will be given a Pokemon by me. It won't be that much of a Pokemon, so I suggest you find one yourself. You can place your luggage on the grass, it won't be taken by any wild Pokemon."
Oak took of his backpack and unzipped it. Out came several Pokeballs. Actually, there were like Pokeball's, but with an S in the center.

"These are starter balls," Oak explained. "They will capture any Pokemon in that forest with ease, so you don't have to battle them. Just find the one you like the most and throw your ball! To capture a Pokemon just press the release buttons and throw it at your target, easy! You only have one Starter Ball, though, so make it count!" Okay clapped his hands together enthusiastically.

"Oh, and there shouldn't be any danger in there, the forest was made for beginners. Is that all? Great, I'll be back at six to see how you've all done. You may begin!"

The students all hurried to lay down their luggage and collect a Starter Ball while Ryukaa and Impo took their time. Finally reaching for their Starter Balls when the rest of the class had eagerly ran into the forest, Ryukaa began to talk.

"Hmmm... so four hours to catch one Pokemon? That seems a little generous, don't you think?"

"Yeah, it's a little weird. But at least we'll have time to catch a good one," Impo replied.

"It doesn't look like there's any strong Pokemon in there though," Ryukaa said, disheartened.

"Well, as Oak said, we're beginners. We can't handle much right now, can we?"

"Maybe..." Ryukaa was distracted from the conversation, looking opposite the forest.

"Impo, do you see that?" He finally said, pointing in the direction he was staring.

"Yeah... kinda," Impo replied. If one were to look opposite the forest and continue that way, the soft grass looked as if it turned into rocks and rubble. From the distance it seemed it was the base of a volcano, as there was a stream of molten lava visible from where the two were standing.

"Remember what Ross said? About 'the Academy having all different kinds of Pokemon'? I bet we'll find some awesome fire types there!" Ryukaa shouted enthusiastically.

"Yeah! We'll be the only ones in the class with them!" Impo responded, with a hint of excitement. The two began to walk in the direction of the volcano, but were stopped by a Tauros. The two jumped backwards in fear while the three-tailed bull stood in the path, digging its' hoof into the grass. Impo and Ryukaa began to cower, but the Tauros began to glow red and suddenly dematerialized.

"Well, that seems to have caught your attention."

Both Impo and Ryukaa gasped and turned around, facing Professor Oak. He placed a Pokeball from his hand into his trench-coat, pulling a smile.

"I hope the both of you understand that I meant for you to catch your Pokemon in the forest? The volcano is too dangerous for you at this time, and the Pokemon there won't be caught by a beginner carrying a Starter Ball."

"Oh, yeah. Sorry, heh heh," Ryukaa stuttered. Impo just stared at the Professor's feet, too scared to talk.

"Tut tut. Hurry off now, you still need to get your first Pokemon. Need I not remind you to wander off to the volcanoes. The Pokemon in the forest are more suitable for your level of... experience. Off you go now."

And with that, the Professor turned and began to walk towards the Academy's doors.

"Well, I don't think we got off on the right foot. Do you?" Ryukaa questioned.

"Yeah, definitely. His Tauros was happy, too." Impo replied sarcastically. The two laughed and ran into the forest, hoping to find some decent Pokemon.

---

Well, that's it until Chapter Three.
Please, please, please comment or critique, just so I know if someone's actually reading this.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Okay guys. Not much feedback, but hopefully after I reveal everyone's new Pokemon maybe some people will comment? Oh well, here's chapter three:

The Pokemon Academy: Chapter Three

Running into the forest, Impo and Ryukaa began to search for a Pokemon suitable for a partnership. The first thing they realized was that the Pokemon weren't all lining up in plain sight. You had to physically search for them. In the grass up to your knees, thick trees and prickly bushes. And when you found one, it wasn't always going to eagerly accept being under a trainer's care. Which Ryukaa soon found out, when a Weedle sprayed him with string shot for disturbing its peace.

"Arrrggghhhh!" Ryukaa spluttered, while Impo laughed. Ryukaa then threw his Starter Ball at Impo, which hit him square in the back of the head. It was Ryukaa's turn to laugh, while Impo watched bemused. The two continued to joke around for a long time, until Ryukaa looked at his watch.

"Wow, Impo! It's already five! We've only got one hour to catch our Pokemon!"
The two began to panic and look for Pokemon. A Yanma flew past them, and Ryukaa's eyes gleamed.

"Mine!" He called, chasing after the insect. "See you at six, Impo!"

"Good luck!" Impo shouted after him.

Impo continued his search alone, walking with speed, trying to find a Pokemon he liked. He soon passed several trees and trainers walking back to the meadow when he reached a pond. Impo hurried to the waters edge and tried to search for a Pokemon. There were several Magikarp swimming happily in the water, but Impo didn't like them. He searched for a little longer before beginning to circle the ponds perimeter. He was concentrating so hard on the water he didn't notice Rossay, and he bumped into him. Rossay almost fell in the water, but he regained his balanced.

"Watch it!" He said, angered. His expression calmed once he saw it was Impo. "Oh, hey Impo! You caught a Pokemon yet?"

"Ummm... not yet. I haven't found one I like," Impo said, covering for his procrastination.

"What about you?"

Rossay looked as if he had only asked Impo the question so he could be asked it in return. He took out his Starter Ball and showed Impo his Pokemon. It resembled a cross between a salamander and hippopotamus. It was pink, and had a straight tail which curved at the end.

"Slowpoke! It was dipping its tail in the water and I caught it. It's kinda lazy, but I plan to work on that," Rossay said as the Slowpoke swished its tail back and worth with its eyes half closed. Rossay laughed and returned Slowpoke back into it's ball.

"You better get started on finding a Pokemon, time's almost up. And most of them fled because all the kids were like a stampede. I'm going back to the meadow. Good luck!"
Rossay waved goodbye as he walked back to the meadow. Impo sighed and continued to search among the high grass. He approached a tree and heard a cry from above.

Impo gasped as he saw a Teddiursa dangling from a bee hive. It looked like a bear cub, except with a crescent shaped mark upon it's forehead. It appeared as if it's paw was stuck when it tried to gather the honey from it. Impo gasped and ran under the Teddiursa, and it fell into his arms. The Teddiursa gratefully licked Impo's cheek, then proceeded to lick the honey from its' paws. It began to smile as the crescent mark on it's forehead began to glow.

Impo smiled, and proceeded to take out his Starter Ball. He pressed the button on it's front and the Teddiursa was caught. Impo was happy with his choice, and began to walk back to the meadow, pocketing his Teddiursa. When he reached the meadow, he saw many students talking about how they caught their new companions. A few people had even left their Pokemon out of their Starter Balls. Impo could spot a Sentret, Vulpix, Mareep and Marill just from quickly scanning the crowd. Impo quickly found Ryukaa and approached him.

"Hey Ryukaa! Did you get that Yanma?"

"Well, no," Ryukaa said. "I almost did. Funny story, really. I was chasing it, but I didn't look where I was going. I tried and accidentally let go of my Starter Ball. It hit this, and it caught it."

Ryukaa clapped his hands, and the Sentret Impo saw earlier came bounding up Ryukaa's trousers and landing oh his shoulder.

"At first I wasn't happy, but by the time I walked back here the little guy impressed me. Show 'em, go on!" Ryukaa instructed his Pokemon, laying it on the ground. His Sentret tucked its stubby arms into its stomach and curled it's tail over its head. It began to roll around Ryukaa in the shape of a ball, then unfurled at his feet, looking very dizzy.

"Awesome, huh?" Ryukaa said, picking up his Sentret and tickling its stomach. Sentret released a cute giggle and placed its hands on its stomach.

"What Pokemon did you find?" Ryukaa asked, placing Sentret back on his shoulder.

Impo took out his Starter Ball and pressed the release button, and Teddiursa emerged
on the grass, still licking it's paws.

"I found it when it was stuck on a tree," Impo explained.

"Cool," Ryukaa exclaimed, "but what can it do?"

"I dunno yet, lets see..." Impo said, moving back to give Teddiursa some space. Impo and Ryukaa watched intently as Teddiursa suddenly stopped licking its paws, and looked up. Their expectations were lowered as Teddiursa burped, then went on to resume licking the honey residue.

"Well... it'll do something soon," Ryukaa said, matter-of-factly. "Hey! The Professor's coming! It must be six already!"

The figure of Professor Oak was steadily approaching the meadow, ready to instruct them further.

---

So, yeah, as per usual, please, please, please comment and critique, so I know someone is actually reading this.

Last edited:

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
Oh, nice. I got a Sentret! xDD;;
Sorry about not being able to comment earlier.
There's a bit of a spelling blunder with "Hippopotamus."
Both those chapters are pretty interesting, makes me look forward to what happens next. o3o

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Oh, nice. I got a Sentret! xDD;;
Sorry about not being able to comment earlier.
There's a bit of a spelling blunder with "Hippopotamus."
Both those chapters are pretty interesting, makes me look forward to what happens next. o3o

Thanks for the comment!
Yes, I stalked your profile page and noticed you favourite Pokemon was Furret, so a treat.
And whoops, I thought I spell-check this earlier. It's fine now (spelling-wise, not grammar-wise).
And thank you, I'm still working out some of the kinks in the next chapter.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
great story which diverted from the traditional o-my-a-pokemon-is-attacking-might-as-well-get-a-pokeball-from-the-briefcase or the don't-go-to-tall-grass-becaus-of-pokemon-i-know-i'll-give-you-one. Just spotted a few minor errors.

And when you found one, it wasn't always going to eagerly accept being under a trainers care.

And when you found one, it wasn't always going to eagerly accept being under a trainer's care.

Ryukaa then through his Starter Ball at Impo.

Ryukaa then threw his Starter Ball at Impo. (and I'm suggesting you to change "to" to "towards.")

Slowpoke! It was dipping its' tail in the water and I caught it.

Slowpoke! It was dipping its tail in the water and I caught it.

It's kinda lazy, but I plan to work on that." Rossay said, as the Slowpoke swished its tail back and worth with its eyes half closed.

but I plan to work on that," Rossay said, (I think, that should be a comma, considering it was followed up by "Rossay said.")

Minor errors like I said. Comma usage, apostrophe etc. I like the feel of the story though. It feels familiar 'cause I'm also a Potter fan. :) here's a good luck to the rest of the story.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
great story which diverted from the traditional o-my-a-pokemon-is-attacking-might-as-well-get-a-pokeball-from-the-briefcase or the don't-go-to-tall-grass-becaus-of-pokemon-i-know-i'll-give-you-one. Just spotted a few minor errors.

And when you found one, it wasn't always going to eagerly accept being under a trainer's care.

Ryukaa then threw his Starter Ball at Impo. (and I'm suggesting you to change "to" to "towards.")

Slowpoke! It was dipping its tail in the water and I caught it.

but I plan to work on that," Rossay said, (I think, that should be a comma, considering it was followed up by "Rossay said.")

Minor errors like I said. Comma usage, apostrophe etc. I like the feel of the story though. It feels familiar 'cause I'm also a Potter fan. :) here's a good luck to the rest of the story.

Ah, thank you! I'm always having trouble with my grammar, so the help is appreciated.

I really, really, really like this story, keep on writing!

Really? Ahh, thank you! I shall do!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Okay, thank you everyone for all the feedback, here's Chapter Four

Pokemon Academy: Chapter Four

Professor Oak approached the group, grinning in satisfaction.

"Ah, I know those smiles! That's the 'I caught-my-first-ever-Pokemon' smile! I take it you had fun catching your first Pokemon?"

His question was met with several cheers and nods.

"That's great. Okay, did anyone not find a Pokemon?"

Two people raised their hands. One was a female, and she looked rather scared. The other was a rather relaxed male.

"Oh, that's too bad. We'll get that fixed soon. But I believe everyone put in a good effort today, so now let's relax with some dinner! If you'll all follow me to the Main Hall, leave your things here, they shall be taken care of." Oak motioned for the group to follow, and everyone recalled their Pokemon back in their balls and did so.

Impo hadn't noticed it until now, but he was famished. The last time he ate was before he was on the train, which was more than five hours ago. The group made it back to the front of the Academy and entered through the iron-clad doors and Professor Oak pushed them open. The group came into view of a large room. If Impo had to guess, it was probably twice as big as most restaurants. There were three large tables in a row, and a large one where all the food and cutlery occupied was resting against a wall. The aroma of freshly cooked pasta filled Impo's nostrils.

"Okay, everyone! I see fit you fill your bellies! Then we shall explain more of your education afterward," Oak announced, allowing the students to grab their food.

The students, ravenous from catching their first Pokemon, raced to the buffet and piled their plates full of food. That night pasta was on the menu, and Impo got a sample of almost every kind. He and Ryukaa gathered their plates and sat on the end of one of the long tables.

"Spaghetti, macaroni, ravioli! I'm gonna enjoy this meal!" Ryukaa exclaimed, digging his fork into his plate.

"Hear Hear!" Impo said joyfully, following Ryukaa's actions.

There wasn't much talking, as everyone was filling their mouths full of food. After ninety minutes of eating, and triple helpings, the students were bursting with food. Professor Oak noticed the students were finished eating, and began to talk.

"Okay, now that everyone is full, I think it's time to discuss lessons. Starting tomorrow everyone will have lessons after breakfast. It is mandatory for you all to attend them. The schedule for your classes is in your dormitories. You'll also find your belongings, a personal computer and a personal Pokedex for you to keep, to aid you in your education. The seven lessons you will partake in are Culture and Media, History, Art, Battling, Cooking, General Studies and Potions. I hope you have brought all the things you need from home, as was asked. Now I swiftly ask you to retreat into your dormitories! There are signs to help you reach your destination, just follow the outside the door to the left!"

The students began to slowly arise from their seats and make their way to the door. Impo and Ryukaa got there first, and followed the signs to their designated dormitories.

"Yes Impo! We're in the same dorm!" Ryukaa cheered, arriving inside and jumping on his four-poster bed.

"Yeah, awesome, huh? But who's the third person?" Impo asked, noticing the third bed.

His question was not unanswered for long, as Rossay walked through the door shortly after.

"Oh, hey guys! We're all sharing a room. Cool," Rossay said, walking over to his bed.

"Looks like all our stuff is on our beds," Rossay said.

"Uh oh," Ryukaa quickly jumped off his bed, his Pokedex sticking to his back.

"Haha, you better pray it's not broken!" Impo laughed, releasing Teddiursa on his bed. Impo then took his Pokedex and timetable in his hands.

"Wow, look how cool this thing is!" Ryukaa exclaimed, peeling his Pokedex off his back.

It was rectangular in structure and had a screen at the top. It could be flipped to reveal a touch pad, and there was a light above the screen. He then released his Sentret onto his bed, where it began to roll over the sheets.

"Please place thumb on touch pad."

Rossay jumped. He had flipped open his Pokedex, turning it on. He placed his thumb on the Pokedex and watch as a light ran up and down under the screen.

"Please say your name."

"Rossay," he said, loud and clear so it wouldn't be misinterpreted.

"Hello Rossay."

"Hmmm... I suspect that that's there to prevent people from opening it apart from the owner." Rossay began to navigate through his Pokedex, being amazed at its technology.

"Guys, look! It's shows your Pokemon, and every single one you've seen! And it has a flashlight!"

Rossay was indulged in his Pokedex while Impo and Ryukaa compared timetables. Taking Rossay's timetable in his hand, Ryukaa noticed something.

"Wow, we have all the same classes!"

"Cool! Looks like the first lesson is General Studies in classroom number one," Impo said. "I wonder how we find our classroom..."

"Well, use the map on the back," Rossay said, flipping his Pokedex shut and turning over the timetables Ryukaa was holding.

"Oh, fair enough," Ryukaa said, throwing Impo's timetable back on his bed.

"Ahhh! No!" Impo gasped, realizing his Teddiursa had been chewing merrily on a corner of his Pokedex for at least five minutes. He snatched all his things away from his now teary-eyed Pokemon, and gave it a comforting belly scratch.

"Well, let's go to bed. We can worry about everything in the morning," Impo said, making a small bed for his Teddiursa inside his backpack.

"Night all," Ryukaa said, taking out a hat from his luggage and placing his Sentret in it.

"Good Night," Rossay concluded. The three then put on their pajamas's and went to bed.

---

Well, that's it. It's more of a filler chapter, to explain a little about how the school works and such, but I tried to make it enjoyable.

As usual, please give me comments and feedback.
And don't forget I need people to play some roles, so if you would like to be a part of the story please post here!

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
But I believe every put in a good effort today

I think it should be everyone.

and everyone replaced their Pokemon back in their balls and did so

placed rather than replaced. Or better yet,

everyone recalled their Pokemon back to their balls

it was probably twice as big as most restuarants

I understand that this is a typographical error, but I need to point it out. Those kinds of errors are the easiest to overlook.

Then we shall explain more of your education afterwards." Oak announced

Then we shall explain more of your education afterwards," Oak announced

That night pasta was on the menu

That night, pasta was on the menu

I love how high-tech the Pokedex is, with fingerprint recognition, and voice recognition. And, I'm getting interested with Potions. What shall they study in Potions? Looking forward for chapter five.

And, I was counting back the hours when you said that he last ate before boarding the train, when you said it was five hours ago. Four hours were spent during the Poke-hunt, and almost 15 minutes for the happenings after boarding the train and before eating. So technically, the train station is a 45-minute ride from the academy. Just saying. :)

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I think it should be everyone.

placed rather than replaced. Or better yet,

everyone recalled their Pokemon back to their balls

I understand that this is a typographical error, but I need to point it out. Those kinds of errors are the easiest to overlook.

Then we shall explain more of your education afterwards," Oak announced

That night, pasta was on the menu

Ah, thank you will all the grammar help. Though I don't believe the last one was a mistake (it's not a sub-ordinate clause or something).

I love how high-tech the Pokedex is, with fingerprint recognition, and voice recognition. And, I'm getting interested with Potions. What shall they study in Potions? Looking forward for chapter five.

Haha, yes. I couldn't think of a suitable name for it, so Potions is a lesson of something. I won't spoil it for you.

And, I was counting back the hours when you said that he last ate before boarding the train, when you said it was five hours ago. Four hours were spent during the Poke-hunt, and almost 15 minutes for the happenings after boarding the train and before eating. So technically, the train station is a 45-minute ride from the academy. Just saying. :)

Yep! Mr. Smart, aren't you!
Thank you for the comment! I will began to write Chapter Five tomorrow (after I finish their timetables)

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Great news, guys! After some badgering of Forever, I finally got the OK to include her in my fanfic! This was mainly due to the absence of females so far, so I thought I could include one. Now if only I can badger Signomi into saying yes....
Also with a neat cameo from bobandbill, he'll be something of an odd character, to say the least!

Pokemon Academy: Chapter Five

Starring Impo, ~Ryukaa, Rossay, Forever, bobandbill

The next morning, Impo, Ryukaa and Rossay awoke to the sound of loud beeping

"Argh! What's that?" Ryukaa said, putting his fingers in his ears. He looked at his Sentret, who jumped out of its bed (Ryukaa's hat) and motioned towards Ryukaa's Pokedex.

"Sen! Sentret!"

Ryukaa picked it up. It's screen was flashing.

"Oh! It's an alarm," Ryukaa said, placing his thumb on the touch pad and silencing it. Impo and Rossay did the same to thiers, and the noise ceased.

It was seven in the morning, and according to their timetables, breakfast was being served in half and hour. The three prepared themselves for classes and then went to the Dining Hall for breakfast. Bacon and Eggs were being served.

"So, what do you think General Studies is going to be like?" Ryukaa asked in between mouthfuls of egg.

"I dunno, but I doubt it will be that special," Impo said, "I'm looking forward to the double lesson of Battling after it."

"We won't be doing anything special," Rossay reminded them, cutting his bacon. "We'll probably learn the basics first, then we'll do some actual battling."

"Oh," Impo's enthusiasm dropped dramatically. "That sucks."

"Yeah," Rossay said, "but we still have a whole day of other things! Let's go!"

The three finished their breakfast and went back to their dormitories to get their things for their lesson.

"Let's see... Pokedex, Pokemon, writing book and something to write with," Rossay listed, grabbing everything as he said them. Impo and Ryukaa found all their utensils and the three then traveled to 'Classroom 1', where the General Studies class was being held. The door to the room was ajar, and the three entered. The room was like a normal classroom. Desks lined up in rows across the room, with a teacher's desk at the front of the room and a projector projecting information onto a whiteboard on the front wall of the classroom. There was also a man in the classroom, arranging the information on the whiteboard in a bored fashion.

"Well, ten minutes early!" He said, noticing their arrival, "that's great! I like enthusiasm. I'm Professor Bob Bill, I teach General Studies and History here at the Pokemon
Academy."

Impo and Ryukaa exchanged grins at the sound of the Professor's name, but managed to not laugh. Rossay, on the other hand, seemed entranced by the images the projector transmitted to the wall. Other students soon filled the classroom, and Impo, Ryukaa and Rossay chose three seats at the back of the class.

General Studies wasn't exactly difficult. The only thing discussed that lesson were Pokemon Statuses and what the initials HP and PP stood for. Most of the students already knew everything being said, and most just slumped in their seats, bored out of their brains. The only person remotely interested in the lesson was Rossay, who was scribbling notes after every sentence Professor Bill said. Nonetheless, when the bell rang the whole class jumped, surprised.

"Okay class, that's all for today. Farewell!" Professor Bill said, waving goodbye as the class exited his classroom. The group of students then walked back to the meadow where they all met after catching their Pokemon to be greeted by their next teacher. Their next teacher was a female, who had her brown hair done up in a neat bun. She wore green shorts and a white tank top under her white cloak.

"Greetings! I am Professor Juniper! I see you are all here and eager to start your first lesson of Battling, so may I ask everyone to take out their Pokedexes and Pokemon and I'll sort you into pairs using the role!"

The meadow was soon full of Pokemon and soon the whole class was sorted into pairs. Rossay and Ryukaa were paired together while Impo was chosen to go with a girl called Nica. Nica was a girl with blond hair and green eyes. She was wearing a short blue skirt and a t-shirt with a paw print on it. Beside her was a Lillipup energetically waving its tail. Impo's Teddiursa slowly approached Lillipup, but it playfully barked and jumped into Teddiursa, knocking him to the floor.

"Hi!" Nica said waving enthusiastically, "I'm Nica!"

"Hey, I'm Impo," Impo said in return.

Before they had a chance to stand there in awkward silence, Professor Juniper stood in front of all the groups.

"Okay guys!" She shouted, straining her voice. "Make sure everyone has space, so move around the meadow until you do! Now, everyone get their Pokedex's and go into the 'Battle' option. There will be a status screen of your Pokemon. It will have their current HP, PP, status, level and moves. And your opponents Pokemon and HP. Using this, you can decipher what moves your Pokemon has, and how they are doing in a battle. Considering all your Pokemon were caught in the forest, I'd say there are on average level five. For a warm-up, let's have a five minute warm-up. Okay, go!"

The groups wasted no time in beginning their battles. Nica had gotten the upper hand in the beginning of the battle, commanding her Lillipup to Tackle Impo's Teddiursa the second Professor Juniper said go. Teddiursa fell to the ground due to the impact, and regained his stance, looking rather annoyed. Soon the meadow was full of commands.

"C'mon Teddiursa! Use scratch!"

Teddiursa bared his claws and charged at Lillipup, scratching its cheek. Lillipup howled and retreated.

"Toughen up, Lillipup!" Nica encouraged, "use Leer!"

Lillpup began to stare at Teddiursa in an intimidating manner. It's eyes began to glow red and Teddiursa cowered a little.

"Use Fake Tears!" Impo ordered, and Teddiursa buried his face in his hands, tears flowing from his eyes. Lillipup lowered its guard dramatically, and even Nica ushered a quiet "Awwww!"

"Now scratch!"

Teddiursa rapidly changed from crying to attacking, this time scratching Lillipup square in the face.

"Okay guys, that's enough warming up! Come back here!"

Professor Juniper called for the class to stop and all the battling ceased. No one had noticed before, but she was now joined by another Professor.

"That was some nice battling, but now me and Professor Charon will show you a real competitive battle. But only one on one, not to fierce, now Charon?"

Professor Charon replied with a grunt, and to their crowds amusement, they armed themselves with their Pokeballs.

---

Okay, that's Chapter Five. I don't know about this chapter... the inclusion of Forever is super-dooper-amazing, but something about how I wrote this seems... inadequate.

As always, please, please, please comment or critique. I feed off of them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2013
Hey I love this story, keep up the great work....

Username (on PC): NiallC
Name (to be used in story): Niall

Pokemon (first stage, found wild): Swablu

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Hey I love this story, keep up the great work....

Username (on PC): NiallC
Name (to be used in story): Niall

Pokemon (first stage, found wild): Swablu

Thank you very much!
And I'll be sure to use you in the story soon!

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I kinda was getting bored writing this, but I managed to persevere and finish this chapter.

Pokemon Academy: Chapter Six

Starring Impo, ~Ryukaa, Rossay, Forever

Armed with their Pokeballs, Professor Juniper and Professor Charon began their battle.

"Go Cincinno!" Juniper called, twirling through the air while releasing her Cincinno into the battlefield. It softly landed on the ground and giggled into its scarf-like fur.

"Rotom! Go!" Charon ordered, throwing his Pokeball onto the ground. It released a Rotom then the ball flew back into his hand. To the awes of the class, they began to attack.

"Bullet Seed, Cincinno!" Juniper commanded.

Cincinno opened its mouth, and spat glowing yellow seeds at Rotom.

"Dodge and Thunder Wave!" Charon demanded, rather nonplussed about the fierce attack.

Rotom skillfully maneuvered through the seeds and send an electric surge in the direction of Cincinno.

"Light Screen, quick!"

Cincinno produced a yellow, glass square in between itself and the Thunder Wave, the attacks contact and the Thunder Wave limply fell to the ground.

"Now Rock Blast!" Juniper said, grinning.

The rings of sand appeared around Cincinno, and soon transformed into rocks. With a squeal, Cincinno sent her rocks flying through her Light Screen, smashing it. The shards, in tandem with the rocks, began to fly in the direction of Rotom. Caught off guard by the shards of Light Screen, Rotom was subjected to a direct hit. It span through the air dizzy while Juniper commanded for one last attack.

"Finish this with a Bullet Seed!"

Cincinno's mouth began to fill with seeds, and soon they were being pelted at the dizzy Rotom. The Rotom couldn't endure any more of the assault, and fainted, leaving Professor Juniper as the victor. The class cheered for her, while Professor Charon quietly returned his Rotom to his Pokeball and headed back towards the castle.

"Good battle, Charon!" Professor Juniper called, but he was already out of earshot. She directed her attention back to her class.

"Okay guys, did you enjoy our little presentation?" She asked, toying with her audience.

"Now, I succeeded using only two things. Trust in my Pokemon, and trust in myself. To win a battle you must trust your Pokemon with your life. Victory is a lot different than winning, you know. Armed with this information, get back to your battling!"

The groups resumed their battling, a new flame alight after witnessing a professional battle. The attacks and shouting were much more coarse and fierce, and both trainer and Pokemon were putting in much more effort. Impo and Nica were having a very good battle, until it ended.

"Let's try a Tackle!" Nica commanded, and Lillipup crashed into Teddiursa. Teddiursa wailed in pain and then fell to the floor unconscious.

"Hooray!" Nica cheered, hugging her Lillipup as it jumped into her arms.

Amidst Nica's celebrating, Impo cautiously walked up to his Teddiursa and gave it a grateful scratch on the head. Teddiursa returned to its Pokeball, and the class was called to stop battling.

"Great work, guys! I saw some really fierce battles! Well done!" She playfully applauded the class before continuing on, "now, did anyone's Pokemon faint?"

A number of peoples hands flew up, including Impo and Ryukaa's.

"Okay. That's fine. The damage is very temporary and will not cause any permanent damage. To revive your Pokemon, just go back to your dormitories during Lunch and place them into your PC. On that note, if any of your Pokemon are ever hurt or need rest, even when they are still conscious, just use your PC!" She reminded them. "You do not know how many students will cry saying their Pokemon died. It's a natural aftermath of a battle."

The bell for Lunch rang and the class went back to the Main Hall for Lunch. Impo caught up with Ryukaa while he was walking back to their dormitory.

"So you lost to a girl, huh?" Ryukaa teased.

"You lost to a Slowpoke," Impo retorted.

"...that wasn't fair! It sat on Sentret!" Ryukaa moped, crossing his arms.

"HA! Well, my partner could battle," Impo laughed. They reached their dormitory and opened the door.

Impo saw their PC on their desk and went up to inspect it, finding twelve circular holes around the screen.

"Either this thing has termites or we put our Pokemon in here," Ryukaa said, tapping
the PC. Impo was pretty sure it was for their Pokemon, so he slid his Teddiursa's ball in the first slot. The screen of the PC light up. It was very bright, and a picture of Impo's Teddiursa appeared on screen.

"Cool!" Ryukaa said, placing his Sentret's ball in the second hole. A picture of Ryukaa's Sentret appeared next to Teddiursa. There were a number buttons on the screen, all concerning the Pokemon inserted.

"Let's see... Heal, deposit, withdraw, mail or items? Heal!" Ryukaa said excitedly, slamming his index finger on the screen. The PC began to glow and made a little tune, then both Starter Balls came out of the PC and onto the desk.

"Cool, let's go to lunch!" Ryukaa said, picking up the first ball.

"'Kay," Impo said, following Ryukaa out the door.

---

Okay, that's number five. Thanks to all those who allowed me to put them in my story. I now have enough names for this thing at the moment. Though now I am finding it hard to continue and progress the storyline. Because I haven't yet. I now want to focus on my writing technique, because I feel it is inferior.

Please, please, please comment or critique. They are appreciated dearly.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
Nice battle chapter. Your words provided the images inside my head, which is its primary purpose. The best part was when you described the Rock Tomb/ Light Screen scene. Never thought Light Screen as a breakable glass, but good job with the chapters, though. Continue the story, because I'm liking it. You already got a fan in me. :) Now some of the minor mistakes:

Juniper called, twirling through the air while releasing her Cincinno into the battlefield

In this sentence, I think twirling attributed to Juniper. I believe she is not the one twirling through the air right, rather her hands. So, it might be better to change that to twirling her hands.

giggled into it's scarf-like fur.

Its/It's mistake. It's means "it is" while its means the possessive pronoun. So its is the right one.

Cincinno produced a glass yellow square in between itself and the Thunder Wave, the attacks contact and the Thunder Wave limply fell to the ground.

Heirarchy of Adjectives. When using multiple adjectives to describe a single noun, color comes first before noun-adjectives. Then that should be a yellow, glass square. And the next part is a run-on. You might want to split the two parts to two distinct sentences.

The glass cheered for her, while Professor Charon quietly returned his Rotom to his Pokeball and headed back towards the castle.

Typographical error, I hope. Class, not glass.

"now, did anyone's Pokemon faint?"

Capitalization error. Now, not "now."

"So you lost yo a girl, huh?" Ryukaa teased.

Typographical error again. To, not yo.

Minor errors as always. Minor errors might not be noticeable to many, but correcting them would not do you bad right?

Looking forward for the next chapter. And I hope, Charon continues sulking. I really don't like him. :)

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I've came back from my holidays, and have struck some imagination!
I think I can really develop the plot further now!

...I doubt anyone is still reading this, but if you are, thanks!

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
/needs to catch up by a mile, now that exams and whatnot are over
Welcome back, Impo! o3o
I'm looking forward to what you come up with!
(also hope you enjoyed your holiday. n_n)

Back