• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Elite Battle 2015: Gen 5 battle skin

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
  • So basically theres something to fix
    Fixing implies something was broken in the first place, which in this case wasn't. All of it is intended behaviour. If you can "fix" something by adjusting the settings, then you're not fixing anything since that is intended behaviour too.
    O btw i made a mega evolution and moonblast animation...
    it shows nice in the editor
    but looks not like in the editor when battle
    This is very vague. I need more information to go on. The default animations play out in the actual battle the same way they play out in the editor. Unfortunately, I don't have a crystal ball, so unless you tell me the specifics of what you're doing with your animation, I won't know.

I have been wanting to show a preview of several Pokemon ingame and I have been trying to configure the script from -FL- below
    My recommendation would be to get into the habit of using pbLoadPokemonBitmap to fetch the Pokemon's sprites, since that def gets automatically adjusted to work with my formatted PNGs, and is a pretty future-proof way of doing things (imo). For your code specifically, you'd need to create a dummy Pokemon object, and then use that to fetch the bitmap of your desired Pokemon. So something like this:
    Code:
    pokemon = PokeBattle_Pokemon.new(specie,5)
    bitmap = pbLoadPokemonBitmap(pokemon).bitmap
    This won't make them animated though. The way AnimatedBitmaps work is a bit more complicated, since they themselves are not actual Bitmap objects (since they store all the different frames, and then update them when they have to). The AnimatedBitmap.bitmap is what returns the actual bitmap file of the frame, which is what you need to use with PictureWindow. I don't think PictureWindow supports AnimatedBitmaps, but I'm just going with this off the top of my head, so unless you try you won't really know.

EDIT: Update!

I've added a new Elite Four VS sequence, and new transitions for Trainer battles and surfing battles to the EntryAnimations script. Also updated the Resource Pack with the appropriate files. Just like the previous VS sequences, this one plays only if you have the appropriate files for the Trainer battle. The priority of the VS sequences are as follows:

Special > Elite Four > New > Default > None

Last edited:

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
    Years
  • EDIT: Update!

I've added a new Elite Four VS sequence, and new transitions for Trainer battles and surfing battles to the EntryAnimations script. Also updated the Resource Pack with the appropriate files. Just like the previous VS sequences, this one plays only if you have the appropriate files for the Trainer battle. The priority of the VS sequences are as follows:

Special > Elite Four > New > Default > None

Just when I thought this kit couldn't get any better. ;)

By the way, how are the VS animations called? I tried testing out the Elite Four animation and it wasn't working. The internal names for each Elite Four member are their actual names (e.g. Lorelei is "LORELEI"), so I was wondering if the internal name needs to be called "ELITEFOUR" for the function to work properly.

I'm only using the EliteBattle_EntryAnimations script on KleinStudio's Essentials BW v3.1.1, so it could be that I need something else or I've missed something obvious.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • By the way, how are the VS animations called? I tried testing out the Elite Four animation and it wasn't working. The internal names for each Elite Four member are their actual names (e.g. Lorelei is "LORELEI"), so I was wondering if the internal name needs to be called "ELITEFOUR" for the function to work properly.
    Just like the normal VS sequence, you don't use the internal names of the Trainers, but instead you use the ID number of their trainertype. So just like the default sequence, the new ones will be called if the appropriate files are in your Graphics/Transitions/ folder. And to save up space (since the mugshots of the stock VS are the same for the New VS and E4 VS) the graphic for the faces of the default/new/E4 VS types are the same. So to launch the E4 VS sequence, you'd need the following files in your Graphics/Transitions/ folder:
    • vsTrainer#{trainertype_id}
    • vsBarElite#{trainertype_id}
    Also, I think it should be pretty obvious that you need the same files for the player as well. (Examples of all the files are in the Resource Pack, btw)

P.S. I recommending updating all of your scripts with the latest ones. You can still use the old BW Kit UI (the toggle now works). It'll just help out with the bugs the BW Kit's version has, and the new vector scene is much improved from the original.

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
    Years
  • Just like the normal VS sequence, you don't use the internal names of the Trainers, but instead you use the ID number of their trainertype. So just like the default sequence, the new ones will be called if the appropriate files are in your Graphics/Transitions/ folder. And to save up space (since the mugshots of the stock VS are the same for the New VS and E4 VS) the graphic for the faces of the default/new/E4 VS types are the same. So to launch the E4 VS sequence, you'd need the following files in your Graphics/Transitions/ folder:
    • vsTrainer#{trainertype_id}
    • vsBarElite#{trainertype_id}
    Also, I think it should be pretty obvious that you need the same files for the player as well. (Examples of all the files are in the Resource Pack, btw)

P.S. I recommending updating all of your scripts with the latest ones. You can still use the old BW Kit UI (the toggle now works). It'll just help out with the bugs the BW Kit's version has, and the new vector scene is much improved from the original.

I see, thanks. I stupidly forgot to add numbered VS Bars for the Elite Four. I'll get around to updating the scripts now.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • I see, thanks. I stupidly forgot to add numbered VS Bars for the Elite Four. I'll get around to updating the scripts now.
    Cool beans. Keep me in the loop with any problems popping up. I can't do thorough testing of the B/W system, so it's nice to have more people who are using this in the BW Kit.
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
    Years
  • Cool beans. Keep me in the loop with any problems popping up. I can't do thorough testing of the B/W system, so it's nice to have more people who are using this in the BW Kit.

Got everything working finally, and I've gotta say you've really outdone yourself with this kit. I did find an issue with the weather animations though as they don't seem to be working. I noticed that "EliteBattle_Animations" didn't have a compatibility section for the BW kit, so I'm assuming this is the cause of the problem.

A minor suggestion, after registering a caught Pokémon in the Pokédex the Pokémon's cry should play like it does in BW. It's a small detail that I didn't notice until capturing a wild Pokémon with EBS installed.

Spoiler:

Also (shameless plug), there have been some updates to the Title Screens. I think this most recent one will give more of that Gen 1 flavour to your remake.

That script got an update!? I've been using your old Title Screens script for a few months now, so I'm interested to see what's in the latest version. I'll check it out right now.

EDIT:

- When using in-battle text for a Trainer, they appear on top of their Pokémon.
    - I watched the trailer for EBS again and noticed that the scene is supposed to pan to the right and show the Trainer. This doesn't happen in the BW kit.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Got everything working finally, and I've gotta say you've really outdone yourself with this kit. I did find an issue with the weather animations though as they don't seem to be working. I noticed that "EliteBattle_Animations" didn't have a compatibility section for the BW kit, so I'm assuming this is the cause of the problem.

It's actually not a bug, but rather a feature omission. Due to the way the weather animations work, they'd overlay all of the UI elements, and I can't avoid it without me either making changes to the whole (default) weather animation script, or all the UI elements of the default battle system. This would make it A) very tedious on my side B) very messy on the script side. So to get around this hassle I just made it an exclusive feature of the new UI. So in order to have dynamic battle weather, you'd need to use the new UI. The official BW games don't have dynamic battle weather, but instead they have that animated icon at the bottom screen, so your game will still technically have that authentic feel to it.

A minor suggestion, after registering a caught Pokémon in the Pokédex the Pokémon's cry should play like it does in BW. It's a small detail that I didn't notice until capturing a wild Pokémon with EBS installed.

That would require me to make changes to the Pokedex scene script, which I don't really want to do as it doesn't have anything to do with the battle system (apart from being called from there). It's up to Klein to add those kinds of things to the core of his BW interfaces. The EBS only calls on those existing scripts, and their functionality.

I made a small adjustment to the BitmapWrappers, to not try to fix the sprite compatibility issues from the Pokedex if in the BW Kit. I don't know if it makes any difference, but just as a precaution. I don't know what Klein has done to the Pokedex.

EDIT:
    EDIT:

- When using in-battle text for a Trainer, they appear on top of their Pokémon.
    - I watched the trailer for EBS again and noticed that the scene is supposed to pan to the right and show the Trainer. This doesn't happen in the BW kit.
    Updated the Scene and Animations scripts to fix that.

Last edited:

crispybacon1234

Pokémon IR/NG Dev
    Years
  • It's actually not a bug, but rather a feature omission. Due to the way the weather animations work, they'd overlay all of the UI elements, and I can't avoid it without me either making changes to the whole (default) weather animation script, or all the UI elements of the default battle system. This would make it A) very tedious on my side B) very messy on the script side. So to get around this hassle I just made it an exclusive feature of the new UI. So in order to have dynamic battle weather, you'd need to use the new UI. The official BW games don't have dynamic battle weather, but instead they have that animated icon at the bottom screen, so your game will still technically have that authentic feel to it.

That would require me to make changes to the Pokedex scene script, which I don't really want to do as it doesn't have anything to do with the battle system (apart from being called from there). It's up to Klein to add those kinds of things to the core of his BW interfaces. The EBS only calls on those existing scripts, and their functionality.

I made a small adjustment to the BitmapWrappers, to not try to fix the sprite compatibility issues from the Pokedex if in the BW Kit. I don't know if it makes any difference, but just as a precaution. I don't know what Klein has done to the Pokedex.

EDIT:

Updated the Scene and Animations scripts to fix that.

Thanks for clearing those things up, the in-battle text works perfectly now. I did just notice that at the start of a battle (using the BW kit) the Poké Balls on the top left no longer show.

I'll continue to report bugs as I find them (and try to make sure they're not problems with the BW kit, but with the EBS).

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2016
    There seems to be a timing issue when using partyarrows without the new UI.
    The player's party lingers too long and overlaps the Pokémon information.

It doesn't happen when using the new UI.

Years
    • RD
    • Seen May 9, 2016
    1st im sorry ;-;

2nd ye already figured it out, no need crystal ball to know xD...

3rd how you learned that much of scripting o_o you seem like a total proffesional!
    you should consider sometime about making a Pokemon-Amie script

4th how can i make it compatible with dual screen? same with the XY Intro? can you tell me plz?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Thanks for clearing those things up, the in-battle text works perfectly now. I did just notice that at the start of a battle (using the BW kit) the Poké Balls on the top left no longer show.
    They're off by default. Grab the necessary graphic files, and then set SHOWPARTYARROWS to true.
    There seems to be a timing issue when using partyarrows without the new UI.
    The player's party lingers too long and overlaps the Pokémon information.
    Updated the Scene script to fix this.
    already figured it out, no need crystal ball to know xD...
    I'm glad you managed to resolve your issue.
    how you learned that much of scripting o_o you seem like a total proffesional!
    you should consider sometime about making a Pokemon-Amie script
    Just messing around with coding in my spare time, and a bit of interest got me to where I am. Who knows what I'll make next.
    how can i make it compatible with dual screen? same with the XY Intro? can you tell me plz?
    You just plug either one of those into a DS kit. Alternatively, if you set the VIEWPORT_OFFSET constant to any number higher than 0, it will automatically repack into a DS layout. Just a note though, both the Title Screen script and EBS have those config constants, so you want to change the one that is in the script that is beneath the other, if that makes sense. Otherwise the constants will overwrite each other. Or you can just change both of them to make things easier for yourself.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2016
    I've already updated the scripts and I didn't modified anything, but some problems have been happening, the sprites shows in normal size when I open the positioner, but in game they look extremely small, another problem is that when you start a battle the pokeballs don't shown up in the top left corner, I've already checked if all sprites where in their right places too. Just remembering that i didn't modified anything. I hope that someone can help me. In advance thanks.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • I've already updated the scripts and I didn't modified anything, but some problems have been happening, the sprites shows in normal size when I open the positioner, but in game they look extremely small, another problem is that when you start a battle the pokeballs don't shown up in the top left corner, I've already checked if all sprites where in their right places too. Just remembering that i didn't modified anything. I hope that someone can help me. In advance thanks.
    Just read the instructions and the comments around the config constants. It's not rocket science. If you can't be bothered to do that, I can't be bothered to help you out.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2016
    2016 elite battle problem

2016 elite battle problem
    Hello, I have the following problems:
    1. to go into battle with a trainer:

Script 'Interpreter' line 276: RuntimeError occurred.
    Script error within event 3, map 24 (Route 20):
    Exception: RGSSError
    Message: Section188:178:in `initialize'failed to create bitmap
    ***Full script:
    pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::YOUNGSTER,"Denis",_I("It's not as rare as I thought..."),false,0,false)
    Interpreter:243:in `pbExecuteScript'
    EliteBattle_Scene:178:in `new'
    EliteBattle_Scene:178:in `pbBackdropUpdate'
    EliteBattle_Animations:36:in `animateBattleSprites'
    EliteBattle_Scene:1678:in `pbSendOut'
    EliteBattle_Scene:1675:in `times'
    EliteBattle_Scene:1675:in `pbSendOut'
    PokeBattle_Battle:1596:in `pbSendOut'
    EliteBattle_Battle:221:in `pbStartBattleCore'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2946:in `pbStartBattle'
    Interpreter:276:in `pbExecuteScript'
    Interpreter:811:in `command_111'
    Interpreter:320:in `execute_command'
    Interpreter:193:in `update'
    Interpreter:106:in `loop'
    Interpreter:198:in `update'
    Scene_Map:103:in `updateOldFL'
    Scene_Map:101:in `loop'
    Scene_Map:114:in `updateOldFL'
    HUD:219:in `update_rmxos_late
    ---------------------------
    Aceptar
    ---------------------------

2. being in battle with a pokemon

Exception: NameError
    PokeBattle_Battler:1070:in `pbFaint'
    PokeBattle_Battler:4242:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
    PokeBattle_Battler:4137:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battler:4137:in `pbProcessMoveAgainstTarget'
    PokeBattle_Battler:4784:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:4748:in `loop'
    PokeBattle_Battler:4787:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:5005:in `pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battler:5004:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battler:5004:in `pbProcessTurn'

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2016
    EliteBattle_Battle line 26:
    POKEMONSPRITESCALE = (INCLUDEGEN6) ? BATTLERZOOM : 2

Change the 2 to 1.

Do you know how to get that size for the Positioner.exe as well? Because Im trying to reposition some pokemon but the positioner has a different size.
    Note: Sorry horrible english

Telemetius

Tele*
    Years
  • Do you know how to get that size for the Positioner.exe as well? Because Im trying to reposition some pokemon but the positioner has a different size.

The positioner has had some nasty side effects to my game, I suggest you to just edit the pbs note "pokémon".

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
  • Just so I'm sure, is it intended that you are supposed to edit the positions of most of the sprites so that they are actually on the field?

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
    Years
  • Do you know how to get that size for the Positioner.exe as well? Because Im trying to reposition some pokemon but the positioner has a different size.
    You'd need to open up the PositionerScripts.rxdata in RMXP and change value for "scale" in the def initialize of the class AnimatedBitmapWrappers.
    The positioner has had some nasty side effects to my game, I suggest you to just edit the pbs note "pokémon".
    Elaborating on that would be nice. I've successfully repositioned all the 649(x2) Pokemon sprites without any "nasty side effects". Twice.
    Just so I'm sure, is it intended that you are supposed to edit the positions of most of the sprites so that they are actually on the field?
    If you use any sprites other than the ones I've provided, with a pokemon.txt other than the one I've provided, then yes. My system is not magic.

Telemetius

Tele*
    Years
  • Elaborating on that would be nice. I've successfully repositioned all the 649(x2) Pokemon sprites without any "nasty side effects". Twice.

I'm sorry, since you're trying to improve the ebs you also need bug reports from the entire community. Dropping it like that without explaining the circumstances wasn't helpful.

I've just reproduced the bug doing exactly this:

Edited with the Positioner Abra's altitude (and the opponent's altitude as well) to respectively +2 and -2 -->
    closed the positioner --> opened rpg maker --> opened my project -->started the game --> waited for the compiler to do its job -->
    and here the first problem presented itself: https://i.imgur.com/1FIgbcm.png ->
    opened "pokémon.txt" and replaced "TypeDark" with "Level"->restarted the game->
    another problem: https://i.imgur.com/BI10Ek3.png ->
    opened "pokémon.txt" and removed "DARKVOID" for Tyrantum (a move in the evolution section makes no sense: https://i.imgur.com/4H9A6SU.png ) ->
    started the game->another problem->fix->another problem->fixed->another problem->etc.

I just realized that somehow it was the positioner that did it so I replaced the txt with a backup of "pokémon.txt" and edited abra's:

BattlerPlayerY=
    BattlerEnemyY=
    BattlerAltitude=

And that worked.

Additional notes that might have something to do with the bug:

I added the 6 gen mons in "pokémon.txt"
    I added some new fakemons in "pokémon.txt"
    I haven't modified anything that comes before Genesect.

Last edited:
    Back