• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Protagonists

What 4th Gen protagonist is your favourite?

• Lyra

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like all of them!

• I'm not a fan of any of them

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Weekly Poll #1 ~ Protagonists
Spr_Pt_Dawn.png
Spr_Pt_Lucas.png
Spr_HGSS_Lyra.png
Spr_HGSS_Ethan.png

Welcome to 4th Generation's first weekly poll! This week's topic is centered around our protagonists (you!). So which one out of our four is your favourite? Does Lucas takes your fancy, or are you more of a fan of Dawn? Or perhaps Ethan is a winner in your eyes....or instead Lyra! Why?​

Last edited:

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Dawn allllll the way. She actually inspired this username when I joined back in 2007 hah. She remains one of my favorite protagonists of all time to this day, as well! As for least favorite, probably Lyra. Lyra is actually my favorite name, but the actual character just makes me really miss Crystal :s

Years
I voted Dawn on this poll. While I do love Lyra as well (don't get me wrong the female protagonists are always cute) I loved Dawn's clothing better and the fact she was also partly the inspiration behind my username here makes her have such significant connection with me.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
I voted for Dawn, but it's actually Dawn AND Lucas for me. {XD) Since there is no such option, I went with Dawn. :P

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
I voted Dawn, but I love both Dawn and Lucas! Dawn is very cute, and I played many times with Lucas, so that's why I love them! I'm really not a big fan of Lyra and Ethan :/

Mattchell

Rich Boy
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 28, 2015
I voted Lucas but I love both of the Sinnoh characters.

Last edited:

Otamajakushi

Kuuuuuuu ku ku ku...
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
I'm a guy, so naturally I tend to prefer the male protagonists more. It was hard to choose between Lucas and Ethan, but I think in the end I like Ethan more. Being that Johto is my favorite region, this makes sense.

Years
I've ended up choosing the female each time i've played through Platinum, but not in DP, so that one gets my vote of all of them. I usually play as the male in HGSS since I prefer his design to Lyra's, though.

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
Years
It was a tough choice for me to decide between Ethan and Dawn, but I finally settled on Ethan, because reasons. Also, I find it funny how no one has voted Lyra yet.

Years
Also, I find it funny how no one has voted Lyra yet.

I'm likely suspecting this lack of votes on the fact that Lyra's design is the most hated of the female protagonists plus there's tons of people who have a nostalgic connection to Crystal and were annoyed she didn't make it into HG/SS.

Raskolnikov

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
I voted for Dawn because she is my favorite female character in the anime going along with Ash. Her design and beauty is adorable.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Ethan, but I don't have a huge preference either way. I usually just play as the male character as that's my gender, but I don't have any complain with how the others look sans 'Dawn that skirt and the snowy routes mustn't go well together'.

Years
After initially not liking Lyra's design, I've actually come around to her design and I think she's got the most fun and adventurous character design of the 4th Gen protagonists.

And I'm evidently the first to participate in this thread to feel that way.

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
Years
My favorite is Lyra. I like her design the most, which seems to be a slightly unpopular opinion here going by the poll, haha. I would've voted for her if it was still open ;-;

But yeah, besides Lyra, I'm also a fan of Ethan. I admit I'm heavily biased towards Johto region protagonists, but imo Lucas and Dawn don't hold a candle to them.

Nas160

Sometimes here...!
Years
Darn it, didn't get a chance to vote.

I would've voted for Ethan. Besides Brendan, May, Red, and Kris, Ethan is my favorite player character design. Kinda odd that they replaced Kris. What was wrong with her?

Either way, Kris, Ethan, and May have awesome hair. Brendan has that iconic white hat that everyone always thought was hair (even me at one point). That, and Emerald was my first game, so I kind of see my personal "trainer self" as him (and Ethan).

Back