• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Violet Sugilite and Pokemon Light Pyrite!

Should I just cancel this project or continue it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinxHero

Main Director of Pokémon VSLP
Years
  • Hey! I finally found it with a bit of some help... ^^"
    Anyways, this has been a game I've been working on for 3 years, but in those three years, I actually haven't found out a way to make it until now.

So, my game's called Pokémon Violet Sugilite and Pokemon Light Pyrite (Also known as VSLP.)
    I made 115 Pokemon that are going to be in the game as well as some other Pokemon from previous Generations. (320 in Regional Dex.)

Story
    So pretty much, the story's pretty much revolving around Xerneas and Yveltal again. Point is, the main legendaries of my game, Pearlight and Diamodark are the sons of Xerneas and Yveltal respectively. The two teams of the game, Team Storm and Team Void plan on reviving each one to change the world in their needs. Team Storm plans to make endless lightning storms so the world will be in chaos with Pearlight's powers. Team Void plans on destroying the world and make it entirely renew with Diamodark's powers. However... There is a hidden power within those two legendaries, that no one even knew about, but only heard rumors.

As the hero/heroine of the game, you travel alongside the Kineva Region where you find and explore Pokémon on your adventure and make great bonds.

Mega Evolutions
    In this game, 28 New Mega Evolutions are being added in the game, having 8 of them are my own Pokemon themselves.

Starters
    I haven't forgotten about the starters at all. (Oh, and the art was made by a friend of mine. Not by me.)
    From left to right, we have:
    Swolade, the Grass starter of Kineva.
    Flamburn, the Fire Starter of Kineva.
    And Dosial, the Water Starter of Kineva.

I'll post more Pokemon and screenshots up soon, but for now, that's all I can say at the moment.

manta

★★★★★
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2024
    Firstly. The starters are literally coloured animals, so plain and boring.
    I don't really dig the whole story, but that's just my opinion.
    Also, the legendaries have hidden power. Explain please, what is this hidden power.

ShinxHero

Years
  • @UAREMAD Well... Pretty much all I need with help in the game is mainly sprites and music.
    @phantomness Thanks!
    @Kinamel For starters, that criticism kinda stun a bit... As per the legendaries, I actually don't know how to explain it. Sorry.

ShinxHero

Years
  • Update on Pokémon Violet Sugilite and Light Pyrite

So... I've haven't been on here for because of this, but anywho.
    If you haven't saw before, I made an idea on Violet Sugilite and Light Pyrite, however, tons of things are changing, except some things.

First up, I'm going back to the starters. They got a major redesign from the last time some of you guys saw them. (Seen below.)
    This time, this art is made by me. Just obtained and used Paint Tool SAI and Adobe Photoshop.

Next up, I'm adding in a lot of new Pokemon from before. My plan is to at least have 200+. Right now, I have about... 130. Previous number is 115.
    Its going to take a while, but still.

Lastly, is story and Pokedex. As per the dex, they will be separate Pokedexes just like Pokemon X and Y. Because of the new Pokemon and all, I want to get as much in as I can.
    For the legendary story, its changed a bit. Here, let me explain it.

"2000 Years ago, before the Kineva region was emerged, there was a great war across the seas with the legendaries, Pearlight and Diamodark clashing chaos throughout the Pokemon world. One Pokemon thought the world should be encased the mighty sun, while the other thought it should be encased in complete and total darkness. The two fought for a long time until a mysterious giant poison cobra sapped their power and transformed them both into gems to avoid all the chaos. This cobra separated the legendary items, where it couldn't cause trouble. No human would ever find these gems. However... A certain human unleashed the gems from its prison, but only at half its power. With its release, it vowed to destroy the other gem and making their ideals become real."

So there you have it, what do you think?

That's pretty much it. I'll keep updating and see how this game goes, but yeah. I just hope it turns up really well.

UPDATE: Now Recruiting
    Hey, guys! I could use some help now!
    I don't need much, but some people can help with the Pokemon,
    I could use a mapper...
    I don't know what else at the moment, so yeah!

Last edited:

ShinxHero

Years
  • I know I haven't been updating here a lot, but I just need a tad help with the sprites, mainly the animations. You can ask to help out or if you can just lead me to a tutorial that'll help me out with this, that's be great. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    Will this be a fakemon only game or have all 721 Pokemon plus your fakemon a la Pokemon Wack?

ShinxHero

Years
  • Will this be a fakemon only game or have all 721 Pokemon plus your fakemon a la Pokemon Wack?

Well.... Neither actually. Its a combination of my fakemon and the Pokemon but not all 721 Pokemon are in the game. And what do you mean by "a la Pokemon Wack"?

ShinxHero

Years
  • Hey guys... I really need help right now... I'm thinking about deleting this project since:

A- It seems nearly impossible to get help nowadays...

And B- I can't do any of this by myself.

I don't what to do right now, but I can't map properly, and I can make a good sprite to begin with! That and school's not really helping so I don't have a lot of time at all... I'm just kinda begging for help right now.....

Its either that or I can kiss this dream goodbye...

SpartaLazor

Doofus Lunarius
    Years
  • You shouldn't simply give up on this. If it's something that you really want to do, then go for it. You might not be able to do it on your own, but sometimes that's the only option you have. What I recommend at this point is not to give it up, but to set it to the side. Instead, work on something that you can handle, and then once you've learned how to do the things you struggle with, give it another shot.

Makattack202

guy with the torterra pfp
    Years
  • Yeah. What SpartaLazor said. You don't have to give up on this. But you don't HAVE to work on this. You don't have to let it get in your way to the point of being incredibly stressful.
    The key is to start small. Once you can accomplish smaller things, then you can start building up.

But it isn't impossible to work alone. It all depends. Some people may be inherently better at some things than others, but it isn't completely impossible to learn some skills, whether it be sprites or mapping or whatever.
    Point at hand: if you can't accomplish something, just skip over it and come back later once you know what to do. That's what I've done, and I've managed quite a bit from working alone.

ShinxHero

Years
  • You shouldn't simply give up on this. If it's something that you really want to do, then go for it. You might not be able to do it on your own, but sometimes that's the only option you have. What I recommend at this point is not to give it up, but to set it to the side. Instead, work on something that you can handle, and then once you've learned how to do the things you struggle with, give it another shot.

Yeah. What SpartaLazor said. You don't have to give up on this. But you don't HAVE to work on this. You don't have to let it get in your way to the point of being incredibly stressful.
    The key is to start small. Once you can accomplish smaller things, then you can start building up.

But it isn't impossible to work alone. It all depends. Some people may be inherently better at some things than others, but it isn't completely impossible to learn some skills, whether it be sprites or mapping or whatever.
    Point at hand: if you can't accomplish something, just skip over it and come back later once you know what to do. That's what I've done, and I've managed quite a bit from working alone.

Even with what you said, I haven't been able to work on as frequently, even with the minor things for the game. And adding onto that, I also haven't been able to motivate myself into working the game for the past few months. I'm just thinking of giving up right now because of all of this, although this has been quite a dream to accomplish. Its just the fact that I can't use my free time for this because of what's going on with both my family and friends. I'd just feel guilty if I continued on this more...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back