• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello, PC. =o

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2015
    Hi all. I happened across this site while looking for active trading communities, so went ahead and signed up. Not entirely sure what to say... I guess we all know the craziness involved when looking for painstakingly specific pokemon, eh? Especially nicknameable ones. Oi. I swear I've found at least fifteen versions of otherwise perfect pokes, but alas, no OT's. :'D

Ahem. Anyway. Guess a more proper introduction. I'm Ves, I beat my Y version two weeks ago and am refusing to play through my X until I get a nice fancy team. I often stare at my White version is dismay because I still need to get far enough to be able to transfer my lovelies off of Diamond, seeing as fourth gen was the last time I was active in a trading community (Pokemon Platinum Net, if anyone remembers that place; the domain went poof a few months ago, methinks). Got a bunch of events on that little cartridge I'm itching to retrieve, but dare I say it, I've been incredibly spoiled by my Y version. :'D Experience share. So much love for that item. ...Needless to say, I sometimes just work on my pokedex on Y as opposed to messing with White. I've got all the fossils, though, if anyone ever needs one bred. o3o/

I haven't the foggiest idea what else to say... love dark and ghost types. Used to be doing a ghost-type Ultimate Monotype Run but I'm lazy. Have a big Zoroark plushie in my room. ...Woo. I was totally not the PokeGeek that imported a plushie and theatrical release movie poster from Japan. Nope. Totally wasn't me. >_>

Deedle

Bumbling Wanderer
    Years
  • Hiya! And I'll let you in on a little secret: me too. Hehe, I first signed up just to find people with whom I can trade with for my Pokedex, but as I'm exploring the forum, everything looks real neat! Still new here, though, so I'm not too reliable with answering any questions if you've got any ;v;

And- Ves, hello, I am Deedle! I'm pretty new to the Pokemon franchise after Gen 4, and I've never played Black or White, so a lot that you've written in that paragraph is really confusing to me ^^' I get the gist of it, though! I beat Y awhile ago, but I have yet to learn how to transfer my bebes from the earlier games ;-; not exactly tech savvy, but I'm hoping this forum will help! I might have to take your offer on the fossils, though hehe :'D

I admire the dedication *claps* Water-types are my absolute favorite, but Fairy types are beginning to grow on me. I spoil my Slurpuff rotten -v- Hope we get along swimmingly, and enjoy PC!

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2015
    Hiya! And I'll let you in on a little secret: me too. Hehe, I first signed up just to find people with whom I can trade with for my Pokedex, but as I'm exploring the forum, everything looks real neat! Still new here, though, so I'm not too reliable with answering any questions if you've got any ;v;

And- Ves, hello, I am Deedle! I'm pretty new to the Pokemon franchise after Gen 4, and I've never played Black or White, so a lot that you've written in that paragraph is really confusing to me ^^' I get the gist of it, though! I beat Y awhile ago, but I have yet to learn how to transfer my bebes from the earlier games ;-; not exactly tech savvy, but I'm hoping this forum will help! I might have to take your offer on the fossils, though hehe :'D

I admire the dedication *claps* Water-types are my absolute favorite, but Fairy types are beginning to grow on me. I spoil my Slurpuff rotten -v- Hope we get along swimmingly, and enjoy PC!

Yee~ I got a reply. :'D Welp, if you need dex tradebacks, I can loan you a Shaymin and Manaphy for a few moments as well. Just would want 'em back. :'D I'll give you a Phione for your dex, though, if you'd like and don't already have one. I was going to breed a bunch of them to wondertrade eventually, but wow. It takes forever to hatch those things.

My understanding of the transfer process:

R/S/E/FR/LG --> DPPt through Pal Park. Post-game. You'd need to do this on a DS with a GBA slot.

DPPt --> BW through some Pal Park-like mini game on Route 16, I think. I don't know if you have to beat the game or not. I figure BW2 has something similar.

BW --> PokeTransporter (downloadable after getting PokeBank on your 3DS, PokeBank costs $5.00 a year, plus some tax. I just bought an eShop card at Gamestop for $10)

PokeTransporter --> Pokebank

Pokebank --> XY.

...sooooomething like that.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Indeed, the craziness around trading is quite interesting, hehe. Gotta catch em' all, especially the shinies and the awesomeee IV bred ones, right! Well, fortunately, we do have a Trading community here over on the Trade Corner, but you've already saw that, right? They also have a IRC room, in case you want to chat with any of the regulars there as well. <33

Congrats on beating Pokemon Y! I hope the game was pretty well for you; it took me some weeks to complete it, but, it wasn't too tough in my opinion! Mmm, have you tried pokemon transfer? It's another way to get your pokemon towards your Pokemon X and Pokemon Y games too, but, there's an annual cost, gah. Mmm, how about ORAS, are you excited for those games? They're set to be incredible! The screenshots look pretty siiiiick, and you know, I can't wait to see all of the rework they've done! :D

Daw, I wish I can import plushies, which I will, but time's a factor! Anywhoooo. It's really ncie to meet you; you seem like a really fun and friendly person hun, so I do indeed hope that you will become as active as you can be! We don't bite, even me despite being a Dragon, so, I hope that we can chat as much as we can to!~~

Haaave an amazing stay, and a really awesome day dear, and contact any of the staff team if you have any questions or concerns around the place, since, maaaybe things will get confusing here and there, but, they'll be straightforward in the end! C:

Years
  • That's quite an awesome name you got there. Welcome, Vespertinecat!

I do feel sorry that your previous forum closed down but here at PC we're sure to keep you wanting to stick around here for hopefully a long time because we have some very skilled traders here, over in that hub known as Trade Corner. It's pretty much got everything a trader such as yourself would want in one place, and the regulars there are really nice and I'm sure they'll be able to assist you when they can. Do check out its IRC room as well if that interests you. And yeah how was Pokemon Y? I know the games were pretty awesome, it had quite the interesting story with Team Flare's whole genocide plot and the backstory of AZ.

I wonder if you're excited about the Hoenn remakes too? Some new information and images leaked thanks to the next issue of CoroCoro magazine and boy loving the new designs, and also there's Mega Metagross being a thing now. Can't wait to play the games and enjoy Hoenn just like my 11-year-old self did.

I do hope you enjoy your time here and if you need help you can always shoot a message to Dragon or any of his fellow staff members! They are there to help you after all, so yeah have fun and I'll see ya. Cheers!

- Hikamaru

Years
  • Welcome to PC! I myself have been to previous forums that have since been defunct or basically dead, one that I really liked and visited around my early teen years. But this place has really done it for me as I am now :P

And I myself love X and Y, they're my second favorites in the series because of their awesome variety that makes creating teams a ton of fun in the main story. Black and White are among my favorites too, I like playing through the story and only using new Pokémon in it. The Exp. Share in XY was a nice way to make training easier, although I don't find it as stupid OP as a lot of people make it out to be...

So I hope you enjoy your time here! You'll be sure to find something enjoyable for you.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2015
    Indeed, the craziness around trading is quite interesting, hehe. Gotta catch em' all, especially the shinies and the awesomeee IV bred ones, right! Well, fortunately, we do have a Trading community here over on the Trade Corner, but you've already saw that, right? They also have a IRC room, in case you want to chat with any of the regulars there as well. <33

Congrats on beating Pokemon Y! I hope the game was pretty well for you; it took me some weeks to complete it, but, it wasn't too tough in my opinion! Mmm, have you tried pokemon transfer? It's another way to get your pokemon towards your Pokemon X and Pokemon Y games too, but, there's an annual cost, gah. Mmm, how about ORAS, are you excited for those games? They're set to be incredible! The screenshots look pretty siiiiick, and you know, I can't wait to see all of the rework they've done! :D

Daw, I wish I can import plushies, which I will, but time's a factor! Anywhoooo. It's really ncie to meet you; you seem like a really fun and friendly person hun, so I do indeed hope that you will become as active as you can be! We don't bite, even me despite being a Dragon, so, I hope that we can chat as much as we can to!~~

Haaave an amazing stay, and a really awesome day dear, and contact any of the staff team if you have any questions or concerns around the place, since, maaaybe things will get confusing here and there, but, they'll be straightforward in the end! C:

Yep, I've browsed it a bit, though haven't quite found the IRC. I'm a tad bit forum shy, usually, but I'm trying to branch out. And Y didn't take me too long, unless you count that I got Y and my 3DS for Christmas, then three days later my kitten chewed through my 3DS charger's cord and I didn't get a replacement for several months. :'D But yeah, I have the transporter/Pokebank. I forked over the money, since it wasn't too expensive, haha. Unfortunately Transporter only works with BW/2. SUPER excited about ORAS. I still remember the release of the originals, back when I had a growing Pokemon RP site, we were all so excited and using the Japanese names for them on-site since we wanted them so badly, haha. I most excited about the secret bases, though. So, so glad they decided to keep them.

For imported plushies, I highly recommend Pokevault! Granted, the Pokemon Center website IS going to be going live again, so hopefully importing of plushies won't be quite as necessary. I got my nephews' Pikachu plushies from Pokevault. My Zoroark I got elsewhere, which I can't seem to find anymore. I actually also have a tiny Banette keychain plush, but that one I got off Yahoo Auctions Japan through another importer.

That's quite an awesome name you got there. Welcome, Vespertinecat!

I do feel sorry that your previous forum closed down but here at PC we're sure to keep you wanting to stick around here for hopefully a long time because we have some very skilled traders here, over in that hub known as Trade Corner. It's pretty much got everything a trader such as yourself would want in one place, and the regulars there are really nice and I'm sure they'll be able to assist you when they can. Do check out its IRC room as well if that interests you. And yeah how was Pokemon Y? I know the games were pretty awesome, it had quite the interesting story with Team Flare's whole genocide plot and the backstory of AZ.

I wonder if you're excited about the Hoenn remakes too? Some new information and images leaked thanks to the next issue of CoroCoro magazine and boy loving the new designs, and also there's Mega Metagross being a thing now. Can't wait to play the games and enjoy Hoenn just like my 11-year-old self did.

I do hope you enjoy your time here and if you need help you can always shoot a message to Dragon or any of his fellow staff members! They are there to help you after all, so yeah have fun and I'll see ya. Cheers!

- Hikamaru

Yeah, it more kind of just... gradually died until the domain expired than officially closing, haha. I quite like this place so far. The community seems very friendly (great contrast to another place where I thought someone was being nice and asking an honest question, but then they admitted it was actually an insult. Oi. Glad this is not like that).

Oh man no you have no idea okay I have twin nephews who I got addicted to pokemon. They just turned four on the first. There they are, hanging over my shoulders right as the full legend and plan of Yveltal is being revealed, and them making me read it to them and I'm just sitting there occasionally glancing to my sister like I'M SO SORRY I HAVE THE DARKER GAME BUT YOU BOUGHT IT FOR ME I'm so sorry I'm exposing your children to genocide oh my god. She didn't care or notice, though, apparently, and the kids simply cheered me on to go "beat up the bad guys and save the pokemon."

Oh well. At least I'm their favorite person in the family. I question what my sister thinks. All she ever gets to watch in Pokemon. She knows the Black and White theme by heart. :'D

Welcome to PC! I myself have been to previous forums that have since been defunct or basically dead, one that I really liked and visited around my early teen years. But this place has really done it for me as I am now :P

And I myself love X and Y, they're my second favorites in the series because of their awesome variety that makes creating teams a ton of fun in the main story. Black and White are among my favorites too, I like playing through the story and only using new Pokémon in it. The Exp. Share in XY was a nice way to make training easier, although I don't find it as stupid OP as a lot of people make it out to be...

So I hope you enjoy your time here! You'll be sure to find something enjoyable for you.

I love the Exp. Share! I mean, I can see why some people may not, but gosh. Just turn it off, then. I mean, they DID scale the levels of everything up to go along with it, at least! Though I'll admit I do just love to OHKO everything as often as possible. I actually ended up using some Pokemon I didn't expect to, like Scrafty. I never was very fond of it, but now I love it. My first horde encounter was a bunch of Scraggy. Caught one and named him Legion as a joke, but he and my Espurr, later Meowstic, absolutely bulldozed everything in their path. A friend of mine was like, "Haha it sounds like a good Wedlocke challenge pair!" Except that I'm a wimp and could never do a Nuzlocke challenge of any variety. I love my babies too much, haha. ;-;

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
    Years
  • Welcome to The PokéCommunity, Vespertinecat! It's fantastic to meet you.

If you're looking for a fancy team, I would recommend heading to the In-Game Team Help section to discover new techniques and team builds/setups until you find the one which is right for you.

I like Ghost types also, I'm not too fond on Dark types, however; mainly because my Hawlucha can easily destroy them so they aren't too appealing to me.

Enjoy your time here and don't be afraid to send any of us a message asking for help! We're here to help you and be your friend.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Hi there, welcome to the forums! I'm glad to see a new member here who's interested in trading. If you ever need a helping hand in Trade, let me know.

Also, the IRC can be found by clicking this here. Don't be afraid contacting any of us since we're usually just bored munching on snacks and thinking about those perfect Pokemon mm.

Back