• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New member here! Pretty excited about it!

Bruteroot02

Grass type is Love, Grass type is Life!
Years
  • Yo my dudes and dudettes!!! Bruteroot here aka Jungleking! My real name is Adam and I have been playing pokes since gen 1. Shout out to all the peeps who use to wake up at 6 am every morning to catch pokemon episodes before school! Anyways I played pokes competitively during gen 4 with my dude Drizzle and a little during gen 5 and now I am here to start up again. Grass and Bug types are my favorite so if you wanna send some my way I won't be mad at you lol. Lastly if you have a Pikachu and you name it Bya-Bya my waifu will love you almost as much as she loves me.

Years
  • Hey, Adam!

Wow! Since Gen 1, huh? It's really great to meet yet another Pokémon veteran! Hard to believe that there's so many veterans here at PokéCommunity, but it's great nonetheless. I'm definitely guilty of waking up every morning at 6 AM just to watch the Pokémon episodes. Jumping out of bed and running down the stairs to just sit in front of the televison for 20 or so minutes, haha! That's another great memory from my childhood that I would definitely not trade for the world!

It seems we have almost identical reasons for being here. I also originally joined for battling and team building tips, but after realizing how great this community was, I joined instantaneously and I plan on staying for a long time. I'm sure you'll also be staying for a long time because PokéCommunity has so many friendly people and a lot of categories to indefinitely perk your interests. Most notably the Battling & Team Building section and quite possibly the fourth generation and fifth generation sections as well.

My personal favorite types would definitely be Electric and Dark types. Electric because a handful of Pokémon there are quite adorable, especially Pichu. As for Dark types, it's because they look the coolest in my opinion. Why the name Bya-Bya? Is there some sort of backstory behind that?

I hope you enjoy your time here, I hope you stick around as long as I plan to. Welcome to PC!

Years
  • I responded to you in the New Users Hangout earlier, so nice to see you finally made a true introduction yourself. Very happy to have you around, Adam!

I've been a veteran fan myself since the early days of Pokemon, and it's a franchise that's always getting better with time, and I'm sure you will definitely enjoy PokeCommunity as well since we are a community that's more than just a typical Pokemon forum. Admison recommended some sections for you, but I assume Battling & Team Building will be your main interest since you're a competitive player, and I can assure you will be in for a treat over there. There's also our Pokemon Showdown server you can visit if you like battling and chatting with fellow members, and maybe I might catch you there one day!

Also, nice taste in Grass and Bug-type Pokemon there. The perfect types for a nature lover such as yourself, and I noticed you have some popular ones in your faves list as well which is never a bad thing. Anyways, I'll see you around Adam and have a great time at PC!

Bruteroot02

Years
  • Veterans FTW!!

Yeah man I am pretty hype to join this community! And there is a backstory actually. She named her first tamagachi Bya-Bya and she then made her psn account riperinos_ByaBya since it obviously died. Honestly if you kept a tamagachi alive for more then 3 days you are a LEGEND! I can dig dark and electric types. My favs would be Shiftry and Galvantula lol

I responded to you in the New Users Hangout earlier, so nice to see you finally made a true introduction yourself. Very happy to have you around, Adam!

I've been a veteran fan myself since the early days of Pokemon, and it's a franchise that's always getting better with time, and I'm sure you will definitely enjoy PokeCommunity as well since we are a community that's more than just a typical Pokemon forum. Admison recommended some sections for you, but I assume Battling & Team Building will be your main interest since you're a competitive player, and I can assure you will be in for a treat over there. There's also our Pokemon Showdown server you can visit if you like battling and chatting with fellow members, and maybe I might catch you there one day!

Also, nice taste in Grass and Bug-type Pokemon there. The perfect types for a nature lover such as yourself, and I noticed you have some popular ones in your faves list as well which is never a bad thing. Anyways, I'll see you around Adam and have a great time at PC!

Yes thank you sooo much for your help earlier! Also is your avatar Tharja from Fire Emblem? Cause if so you are AMAZEBALLS! Yeah it was hard for me to choose cause I really love Shaymin, ButterFree, and many others but tried to narrow it done to my top 6 lol

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • Player since the first gen here myself. <3 Pokemon's awesome and keeps getting better. Didn't wake up to catch episodes often but I did record a lot of them back in the day, and woke up early to watch the Hoenn premiere. TV was in parents' room though and they were asleep so it was a pain in the behind to sneak in there without waking people up. :( That said, big welcome to the forum, Adam!

I hope you'll have an awesome time poking around. We're all friendly and totally down to help if need be so stick around yes?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Hihi there Brute; Just letting you know really quick that I merged your two posts together, as double posting is unfortunately a nope here. D: Still though, Welcome to The PokéCommunity Forums~ ♥

Yeaaah, those were the good ol' days, and I always loved playing the Generation One games, teehee. And the anime was pretty funny! Mmm, but I do wish you well with your competitive battling, and again, we're always welcome to battle or assist you with anything you need! I hope you enjoy yourself! I'm always open for PMs and Vms, so feel free to drop me one if you ever have questions or just want to chat. Have a wonderful day! :3

Bruteroot02

Years
  • Player since the first gen here myself. <3 Pokemon's awesome and keeps getting better. Didn't wake up to catch episodes often but I did record a lot of them back in the day, and woke up early to watch the Hoenn premiere. TV was in parents' room though and they were asleep so it was a pain in the behind to sneak in there without waking people up. :( That said, big welcome to the forum, Adam!

I hope you'll have an awesome time poking around. We're all friendly and totally down to help if need be so stick around yes?

Oh yeah that is understandable lol! Definitely will be sticking around!

Hihi there Brute; Just letting you know really quick that I merged your two posts together, as double posting is unfortunately a nope here. D: Still though, Welcome to The PokéCommunity Forums~ ♥

Yeaaah, those were the good ol' days, and I always loved playing the Generation One games, teehee. And the anime was pretty funny! Mmm, but I do wish you well with your competitive battling, and again, we're always welcome to battle or assist you with anything you need! I hope you enjoy yourself! I'm always open for PMs and Vms, so feel free to drop me one if you ever have questions or just want to chat. Have a wonderful day! :3

Thanks a bunch! And I will definitely ask for some help testing some teams once I am done breeding and such so it should be exciting!

Last edited by a moderator:

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Is. . .is this a thing? Generation 1 players are 'wow'? Nobody called me wow. . .

Anyways, welcome to our little patch of the dangerous and time consuming place called the internet. With luck, you'll be sticking around with us for years to come!

Back