• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My Hello And A Question About Pokemon Game(s)

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I am new to the world of Pokemon. i only started recently playing the games (Leaf Green was my first) last year. I find it addicting and easily enjoyable. I have a serious question to ask.

Which is more enjoyable on scale of fun and story mode between Pokemon X and Y?

I ask because I will soon be getting one of these games at the end of this week. i have been wanting one or another since before I got my 3ds and can't decide which one is better. I like the one with the pokemon deer on the cover (X), but I think that you can only catch the legendary red bird in that one. Kind of like black and white where Zekrom was only abled to be captured in white and Reshiram (?) was only able to be caught on black.

Anyways, I will tally up the answers I get and decide that way. Thank you all in advanced.

Years
  • I am new to the world of Pokemon. i only started recently playing the games (Leaf Green was my first) last year. I find it addicting and easily enjoyable. I have a serious question to ask.

Which is more enjoyable on scale of fun and story mode between Pokemon X and Y?

I ask because I will soon be getting one of these games at the end of this week. i have been wanting one or another since before I got my 3ds and can't decide which one is better. I like the one with the pokemon deer on the cover (X), but I think that you can only catch the legendary red bird in that one. Kind of like black and white where Zekrom was only abled to be captured in white and Reshiram (?) was only able to be caught on black.

Anyways, I will tally up the answers I get and decide that way. Thank you all in advanced.

Hey and welcome! My name is Matt, I'm 27, and I've been playing Pokémon since it was released in the US! X & Y are extremely similar besides the legendary Pokémon. Their stories are practically identical. You could always do what I did! I beat X a few months ago, took a break, and now I'm a badge away from beating Y. Would you like to exchange friend codes? I have tons of Pokémon if you want to trade or battle. Feel free to send me a message or an email! Thanks!

Years
  • Hey there glory!
    My name's Tyler. I'm 22. I've also been playing since the games were released in the U.S. Although, then I was extremely young.

Like Matt, above me, has said, the games are nearly identical. You'll find that most of the time when games come out in pairs (which, they always have), that everything is nearly identical other than possibly a couple story details and exclusive Pokemon to each game.

https://serebii.net/xy/exclusives.shtml

Here is a list of the exclusive Pokemon in the XY games. And the stories are identical between the two. I wish you luck on your journey in to this vast land. There is much more to Pokemon than meets the eye. Feel free to contact me at any time with questions. I'm more than willing to lend a helping hand. And that hand extends further than simple question answering. Hope to see you around!

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I will add friend codes after I get the game. Also, not really sure how to do it. Like I said, I am a noob at Pokemon lol.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Welcome to the world of pokemon! I'm Venitardus, but everyone calls me Joey.
    pokemon pun, I guess you can say??

I'm 21 years old and have been playing since red and blue came out in the US. And like they both said, the stories are identical until it comes down to the version exclusives. But both are just as fun as any other.

Feel free to contact me anytime. If you want to add me when you get the games, my FC (friend code) is in my signature below.

Have fun exploring the pokemon world, Glory!

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I think i will get Y. I love the legendary deer Xerneas and hopefully ai can catch it in Y. Thank you all and if I have any questions, I will be sure to ask. And thank you all for welcoming me to the Wonderful World of Pokemon. ??????????????????????????????

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2015
    Hello there! If you want to catch Xerneas then you would want to buy pokemon X. X and Y have identical story lines except the single legendary pokemon you can catch.

If anyone would like to add me on Pokemon X that would be great because I need people for the friend safari :)
    My friend code is: 2294-6354-2092

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Nice save there new one. Yes, it is indeed Pokémon X Version you'll be wanting to get if you want to catch Xerneas. If you have a need for Poison Type Pokemon, don't hesitate to contact me! And be sure to check out the Poison Type Pokémon club here.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Hello there! If you want to catch Xerneas then you would want to buy pokemon X. X and Y have identical story lines except the single legendary pokemon you can catch.

If anyone would like to add me on Pokemon X that would be great because I need people for the friend safari :)
    My friend code is: 2294-6354-2092

Thank you very much. I actually thought it would be like Black and White where the legendaries of each were in the opposite game.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Generally the X&Y games have a pretty decent story but personally, not much in the post game for me.. so, I think you'll more than likely enjoy the features and graphics a bit more, but, that's just in my perspective, hehehe. Otherwise, it's up to you; I have Y myself, so, if you choose to get it, we can be twins! ^.^

Ah, and it's a pleasure seeing you here; welcome to The PokéCommunity Forums today! You can call me Dragon! Enjoy your stay! Feel free to poke me via PM or VM if you ever have questions. =) I'm open to friendly conversation too! Hope to see you around~

Years
  • I really do think X/Y are great games, even if the postgame is a disappointment when you look at it, but if you enjoy trainer customization and the graphics it's definitely worth to give it a go. Anyways, welcome aboard!

I'm sure you will have a great time browsing all our great sections and discuss whatever topics interest you, plus we always have people who are able to assist you when needed, such as the staff members like Dragon just there. I'm always happy to chat myself so leave me a visitor message if you're interested in a friendly conversation with a fun person such as myself.

I hope to continue seeing you around, and have a nice day!

Back