• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Corrupt

CyberMetroid

Goopurr
Years
    • They/its/she
    • Earth
    • Seen Oct 15, 2023
    Pokemon Corrupt title2.png

Welcome to my first Pokemon Corrupt thread!​

!!!THIS PROJECT HAS GONE THROUGH MAJOR REVISIONS SINCE THIS WAS POSTED ORIGINALLY!!!!
    ~scroll down to update section for more accurate information~

This will cover all the information about this fan game that the thread rules say I am supposed to put here. A friend of mine and I have been working on this game since late April and I think now is a good time to start bringing attention to it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    INTRO: So to start I am using "Pokemon Essentials" in "RPG Maker XP" for this project and at this current time I am using the default textures although I do plan on doing custom textures for the game at some point.​
    PLOT: Alright so the story I'm doing for this is that your home region (the Chimsen region) is in the midst of the great Pokemon war however not directly but rather providing supplies and troops to the Kanto region much to the dislike of most citizens in the Chimsen region who would rather stay out of it. Your father was drafted to the war but left you behind a special Pokemon as he knew your 16th birthday was coming soon and he didn't want you to be left at home when all of your friends left on their journeys. There are two "teams" in the game, one, which wants to use the Chimsen region's legendary Pokemon to empower the Chimsen soldiers as well as fill them with hatred and pride ending the war through total domination, and the other, which hopes to use the Chimsen region's legendary Pokemon to force the Chimsen region's ruler to withdraw Chimsen troops from Kanto ending their involvement in the war.
    I will be adding 100+ fakemon to the game(finalized amount TBD) and also the ability to obtain any Pokemon in existence up to fifth gen. Although there will not be a second region to go to there is a second league to do after you beat the game the first time as well as a special island area which I don't have much to show of right now but a map of the area can be seen below. The fairy typing will not be included and I have instead decided to add in the LIGHT TYPE and the COSMIC TYPE(I did this because i felt that the way fairy types matched up with other types wasnt as interesting as if there were a light and cosmic type). I want to try to negate HMs replacing them with something else. I am aiming to give important characters like the gym leaders more personality than ever before in a Pokemon game having them help you fight the evil teams as well as throwing out interesting dialogue other than "Oh no i lost the battle" or "let's do this".​

CREDITS:I pretty much do everything but my friend i mentioned at the beginning will be doing artwork for the game in the near future. Also Pokemon Essentials was created by Maruno.
    Also also I am looking for a composer for original songs in the game so if you are interested please let me know.

the bats.pngneo new neo chimsen region final.png

(check below for updates)
    Update1:
    NEW TRAILER IN THE WORKS

Update2:
    Changed Title from Pokemon Corundum to Pokemon Corrupt.

Update3:
    Updates on Fakemon on my Deviantart page:
    http://cyber-metroid.deviantart.com/

Update4:
    'The big one'
    our entire vision for this project has evolved into something different
    Changes:
    -Chimsen Region > Wizan Region(Complete redesign not just name)
    -Almost complete change to pokedex with exception of nosferap line and berglit line
    -Complete pokedex has been planned out and sprites are in the works
    -Graphics updated to use fourth gen tilesets and sprites
    -Plans to make game into a platform with base release and updates over time until final project is complete
    -Plans to alter most menu graphics
    -Removed Light and Cosmic type
    -Added Sound and Fairy type(may or may not add cosmic back in)
    -Town map in HGSS design
    -Plot subject to change
    side not: Wizan Region based off of North Island in New Zealand

Last edited:

CyberMetroid

Goopurr
    Years
    • They/its/she
    • Earth
    • Seen Oct 15, 2023
    Update!!!(no longer accurate)

These are the current pokemon who were changed into Light or Cosmic types:

Gen 1-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clefairy: Light, Cosmic
    Clefable: Light, Cosmic
    Jigglypuff: Normal, Light
    Wigglytuff: Normal, Light
    Starmie: Water, Cosmic
    Mr. Mime: Psychic, Light

Gen 2-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chinchou: Water, Light
    Lanturn: Water, Light
    Cleffa: Light
    Igglybuff: Normal, Light
    Ampharos: Electric, Light
    Marill: Water, Light
    Azumarill: Water, Light
    Sunflora: Grass, Light
    Unown: Cosmic
    Snubbull: Light
    Granbull: Dark, Light

Gen 3-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gardevoir: Psychic, Light
    Azurill: Normal, Light
    Mawile: Steel, Light
    Volbeat: Bug, Light
    Altaria: Dragon, Light
    Lunatone: Rock, Cosmic
    Solrock: Rock, Cosmic
    Rayquaza: Dragon, Cosmic
    Deoxys: Psychic, Cosmic

Gen 4-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mime Jr.: Psychic, Light
    Togekiss: Light, Flying
    Dialga: Cosmic, Dragon
    Palkia: Cosmic, Dragon
    Cresselia: Psychic, Cosmic
    Darkrai: Dark, Cosmic

Gen 5-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audino: Normal, Light
    Cottonee: Grass, Light
    Whimsicott: Grass, Light
    Cinccino: Normal, Light
    Elgyem: Psychic, Cosmic
    Beheeyem: Psychic, Cosmic
    Reshiram: Dragon, Light (and yes i also changed Zekrom to a Dragon Dark, I also made new Signature moves for their new typings.)

more information-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you may be able to tell many of the pokemon which were changed into light types were also made into fairy types in the sixth generation, this is because I am using the light type as a sort of extension to the fairy type as it can utilize many of the same themes but also include new ones. I also made some other changes to certain pokemon such as changing flygon from dragon ground to a dragon bug and vibrava to ground bug.

Last edited:

CyberMetroid

Goopurr
    Years
    • They/its/she
    • Earth
    • Seen Oct 15, 2023
    Update!!!

To display how much progress has been done here is a list of almost all of the maps I have completed as well as a screenshot of a city you have yet to see, Carina City!
    most of maps from demo.png
    More information to come soon!

KurisuSan

Lord of Reality
    Years
  • Hmm are you working on that town still or no? It's really bare for being called a city. It looks more like a small village or something like that. Toss in some more buildings, expand the pathways and throw some trees and shrubs to clean up a lot of that empty space. A big rule of mapping is to not have a lot of empty space. Also those trees are more of a savanah type area, your game map is more of a peninsula area, is that city deeper inland?

Don't take what I've said as negative comments, I'm only trying to give advice as someone who is primarily a mapper. Progress looks like it's coming along smoothing well regardless.

CyberMetroid

Goopurr
    Years
    • They/its/she
    • Earth
    • Seen Oct 15, 2023
    Thanks for the critique. I just went through and added more details to all of the maps. Also I'm aware that those trees are savannah-esque but I have yet to make custom tilesets although I will be doing that in the near future(Not sure if I'll do it before or after I release a demo). The city is on the north east side of the peninsula in the center right on the beach in that sort of gulf area... east of the desert in the middle. That is a better explanation I think.
    carina city.png

Last edited:

KurisuSan

Lord of Reality
    Years
  • That map looks great, total day and night between the two. Great work, yeah, I would definitely look for a different kind of tree to act as your border.

CyberMetroid

Goopurr
    Years
    • They/its/she
    • Earth
    • Seen Oct 15, 2023
    That map looks great, total day and night between the two. Great work, yeah, I would definitely look for a different kind of tree to act as your border.

I'm glad you liked the changes I made and yeah I'm going to make custom sprites I'm just using the fire red sprites as substitutes until i finish the custom tilesets.

Back