• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Media Players

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • Which media players in PC do you use often?

As for myself, it's between GOM Player and MPC-HC nowadays, I often use GOM Player for MP4 videos and MPC-HC for MKV stuffs because it can handle subtitles more properly for me. And also, Winamp when I'm listening to musics.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I use VLC for pretty much everything! Every once in a while, I also use QuickTime, due to how small it is and how easy it actually is to open; takes only seconds, haha.

Guest123_x1

Most of the time, I'm using Windows Media Player and VLC. I use the latter primarily for flash videos and other file types that Windows Media Player can't play.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I just use iTunes for music. Mostly because I have an iPhone and a nano as well. I don't really do anything else on my computer that warrants a reason for the other stuff though, so just iTunes for me.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Usually VLC for videos. I rarely listen to songs on my laptop anymore, I'd rather just stream them on Youtube or something when I'm at home, but when I do I use iTunes. I don't like how long it takes to start up for me though, so I usually avoid it, but when I'm updating my iPod or something and I have to have it running anyway, I'll listen to songs on it.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • For music players, I normally use iTunes. I might change it soon, but honestly, I like how playlists are sorted in iTunes, and I couldn't get the hang on the others. So... yeah.

For video players, I use KM Player. Main reason is because it can extract frames out of a video, which is good for gif making.

VividSpaceRain

Living on the moon.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2014
    For videos I use vlc media player (I love the volume boost) but for music just windows media player.

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • I use XMPlay for audio. For video, I use VLC instead.

However, sometimes I do use Windows Media Player, especially for CDs, like ripping.

Years
  • However, sometimes I do use Windows Media Player, especially for CDs, like ripping.
    I'll agree with you there. Windows Media Player is definitely one of the easier programs to use when it comes to ripping CDs and turning them into wavs or mp3s.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • mplayer2 for videos and pulseaudio for music. Although I usually listen to music from my phone.

I do use MPC-HC on other people's computers. But when do I even get a chance to do that e_e

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Currently using mpv player for video (fork of mplayer2) and Rhythmbox for music. If only something as good as foobar2000 exists for Linux sigh

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I use VLC to watch movies and the Music metro app on my computer. For my phone I listen to music using Poweramp.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I just use QuickTime Player since it's already pre-installed on my Mac. I use it instead of VLC because it doesn't make my computer freeze and it actually loads the video instead of just the audio.

Back