• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What I noticed about Legendaries.

Years
  • I noticed that way to many of them are electric, fire, and Water types! Seriously, let me name them all!

Moltres, Entei, Groundon, Ho-oh, Heatran, Victini, Reshiram, and Volcanion are all fire type,

Suicune, Kyogre, Palkia (For some reason), Keldeo, and Volcanion (This is what I got from the wiki I am reading) are all water types. (Articuno used to be a water type)

Zapdos, Raiko, Rayquaza (I am sure he is still electric, since he is considered part of the weather trio), Thundurus, and Zekrom are all electric types.

This makes how much of the legendaries? But there is too much.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • This is quite an incorrect statement.

First of all, you forgot to include Manaphy and Phione, so that makes 7 Water-types (though that's still a lot). Second, Rayquaza isn't an Electric-type. Third, unless you're talking about Primal Groudon, then it isn't a Fire-type.

Fourth, there are actually way too many Psychic-types (around 17, counting the SM ones) and Flying-types (around 11). Also, Dragon exceeds all three of these types in terms of how many there are (8, barely beating Fire and Water). Plus, Steel matches the amount of Legendary Pokémon Fire and Water have.

Thus, your statement is almost completely false.

Years
  • This is quite an incorrect statement.

First of all, you forgot to include Manaphy and Phione, so that makes 7 Water-types (though that's still a lot). Second, Rayquaza isn't an Electric-type. Third, unless you're talking about Primal Groudon, then it isn't a Fire-type.

Fourth, there are actually way too many Psychic-types (around 17, counting the SM ones) and Flying-types (around 11). Also, Dragon exceeds all three of these types in terms of how many there are (8, barely beating Fire and Water). Plus, Steel matches the amount of Legendary Pokémon Fire and Water have.

Thus, your statement is almost completely false.

I was sure that Groundon was a Fire type and Rayquaza was a Electric type, didn't they start out like that?

Adam Levine

Years
  • I was sure that Groundon was a Fire type and Rayquaza was a Electric type, didn't they start out like that?

No, they didn't. Rayquaza is a Dragon/Flying-type legendary, and normal Groudon is pure Ground.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • Also, Articuno was never a water type. Its always been Ice/Flying since generation 1.

It's only been shown as a water type in the trading card game since there is no ice type in there.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Articuno was never a Water type, you must be thinking Pokemon cards, in which all Ice type Pokemon use the same Energy cards as the Water type.

Rayquaza has all along been a Dragon/ Flying, and Groudon is a pure Ground.

I really beg to differ about your similarities too-- Keldeo is pretty unique with his Water/ Fighting dual typing. And again, it's more or less the dual type combination that does make them more special now yes.

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • There's never been a Bug or a Poison type Legendary yet you know? :3
    (Volcarona isn't considering a Legendary js, it's considered a psuedo-legend)

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years

They meant Volcanion.

And Volcarona isn't a pseudo legendary-- It only has a base stat total of 550, whilst pseudo legendary has a total base stat of 600.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years

Genesect is a bug legendary.
    Unless you don't count Mythical pokémon as Legendaries but see them as something separate.

Years
  • Articuno was never a Water type, you must be thinking Pokemon cards, in which all Ice type Pokemon use the same Energy cards as the Water type.

Rayquaza has all along been a Dragon/ Flying, and Groudon is a pure Ground.

I really beg to differ about your similarities too-- Keldeo is pretty unique with his Water/ Fighting dual typing. And again, it's more or less the dual type combination that does make them more special now yes.

Wait, I thought the Dragon typing was added when Black and White came out, how could Rayquaza be a dragon type when there was no official typing for Dragon?

Adam Levine

Years
  • Wait, I thought the Dragon typing was added when Black and White came out, how could Rayquaza be a dragon type when there was no official typing for Dragon?

No. The Dragon type always existed. When you associate Dragons with Generation V, it means that they dominated the metagame.

Also, Dragons were actually an appropriate type in Generation II and later, while the Dragon type existed since the first Pokémon games.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Wait, I thought the Dragon typing was added when Black and White came out, how could Rayquaza be a dragon type when there was no official typing for Dragon?

Dragon Pokemon have existed since the first generation, with Dratini's line being the first and only Dragon type in Red, Blue, Green and Yellow.

Black and White did not introduce any new types; The only time new types have been added were in generation 2 (Gold, Silver and Crystal) with the addition of Dark and Steel type and generation 6 (X and Y), the Fairy type.

PokemonCoders

Gotta Cheat em All
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    What I noticed is that, legendary pokemons can be easily killed by normal type pokemons ;)

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Spelling errors lol :p
    I don't see how there can be "too many" pokemon of a type. Some types will naturally have more types then others. Also, be sure to double check your facts :p

Adam Levine

Years
  • Since when did you think Dragon was introduced in Generation V? Then what type did you think Dragonite was? Why would you think Articuno is a Water-type? Rayquaza being an Electric-type is one of the silliest things I've heard.

Wait a second.

He's not talking about the games, guys.

He's probably talking about the TCG.

What I noticed is that, legendary pokemons can be easily killed by normal type pokemons ;)

And as for you...

Normal is not necessarily the inferior type, so that's not something worth pointing out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Even if you are discussing the TCG, which has less types and thus forces certain Pokémon into altered typings, I don't think it's the case that the distribution of Legendary Pokémon types is particularly or noticeably different from the distribution of other Pokémon types. Even if hamcon is referring to the TCG here, this still doesn't make a lot of sense.

Also, even in the TCG, Groudon is still not a Fire-type mate.

Back