• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Reputation.

Savage

Ignorance is bliss.
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 15, 2009
    I have received some reputation points.
    But it doesn't show who gave them to me.
    Is that suppose to happen? Or is there an option for a person to be "anonymous"?
    Even then, I would have liked to know who it was =/ Lol.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It doesn't show who gave you reputation to avoid conflict between two members.

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    It's up to the person who gives it to you to decide to put their user name in the comment.

If the person doesn't put their user name there it is less likely the system would get abused, in my opinion.

Wtp… I keep getting beaten. .o.'

Savage

Ignorance is bliss.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 15, 2009
    It's up to the person who gives it to you to decide to put their user name in the comment.

If the person doesn't put their user name there it is less likely the system would get abused, in my opinion.

Wtp… I keep getting beaten. .o.'

But it was positive, I think, since it's green.
    Also, WTP? That stands for?

Savage

Ignorance is bliss.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 15, 2009
    Mods and up are the only people able to see who gives them rep for the above reasons.

Well, that suck's. Oh well, what might be good for some people, I guess is bad for others.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • If you see that someone is abusing your reputation, then you can just tell a staff member and we'll see what we can do about it. So it's not all a bad thing.

Savage

Ignorance is bliss.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 15, 2009
    If you see that someone is abusing your reputation, then you can just tell a staff member and we'll see what we can do about it. So it's not all a bad thing.

Um, no, I wasn't talking about abuse, but now that you mention, I just got another rep, from someone, about this thread, it's not green, so I can only assume that is it a bad reputation.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    I thought grey meant they wanted to bad rep or good rep you, but didn't have enough rep altering power to do so.

Savage

Ignorance is bliss.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 15, 2009
    I thought grey meant they wanted to bad rep or good rep you, but didn't have enough rep altering power to do so.

Well, I went to give a rep to someone, and there are only two options,
    "I agree"
    "I disagree"

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Well, I went to give a rep to someone, and there are only two options,
    "I agree"
    "I disagree"

Yes, that's what I meant. You can either good rep a person or bad rep them. But the amount of good rep or bad rep that you give depends on your rep altering power.

So, if people who have a rep altering power of 0 try to rep you, you won't get any actual rep added or taken from you.

Savage

Ignorance is bliss.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 15, 2009
    Yes, that's what I meant. You can either good rep a person or bad rep them. But the amount of good rep or bad rep that you give depends on your rep altering power.

So, if people who have a rep altering power of 0 try to rep you, you won't get any actual rep added or taken from you.

Hmm, ok I have an idea.
    What's members usually have a rep power of 35?

Back