• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Underrated Pokemon

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Do you think any Pokemon deserve to be used more? If so, what moveset(s) would showcase its prowess the most?

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2013
    Breloom and arcanine are (in my opinion) one of the pokemon that are underrated. Breloom is part fightning so it can knock its weakness ice away with machpunch or something else pluss it is one of the tiny amount of grass pokemon with such a high attack and arcanine was just a beast in the earlier episodes plus it has one of the good fire attacks like fire blast and flare blitz(i think)

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years

• Wait, what? How is Breloom underrated at all? Breloom was heavily abused in the fourth gen metagame and that leaked over into the fifth gen. It's not as widely used anymore but it's never been an 'underrated' Pokemon in any way, shape, or form. From Toxic Orb + Poison Heal to Technician, it's always been an extremely effective Physical sweeper. :v

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I think people should use Luvdisc. It has decent speed, alright Sp. Attack, and it's cute. Really underrated Water-type.

There's a fine line between underrated and outright terrible. And Luvdisc is the latter. 40 Special Attack isn't hurting much.

Anyway, I'd say that Lilligant is an underrated Pokemon. While it has a shallow offensive movepool (literally consisting of Grass moves, Hidden Power, Dream Eater and Round), it gets Quiver Dance to help it sweep through teams given the right circumstances (Grass resists being weakened or eliminated).

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I would say that Hitmonchan would be pretty underrated in all honesty since it has good coverage in the elemental punches plus a variety of fighting STABs to choose from, combine that with the Iron Fist ability with a Life Orb and it's not that hard to dent whatever may be in your way. I may be wrong though but at the very least it worked for me in game during my runs with it in the past.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Anyway, I'd say that Lilligant is an underrated Pokemon. While it has a shallow offensive movepool (literally consisting of Grass moves, Hidden Power, Dream Eater and Round), it gets Quiver Dance to help it sweep through teams given the right circumstances (Grass resists being weakened or eliminated).

Lilligant faces a lot of competition from Venusaur. The latter has access to Growth which lets it go on a mixed route and has a really useful Poison typing.
    Also, depending on its type of Hidden Power, Lilligant will be walled by something. HP Fire means Lilligant's walled by Volcarona, Latias and Latios, who can set up all over you. Hidden Power Rock means she's walled by the ever common Scizor. Weavile can still revenge kill her with Ice Shard, Scizor and Mamoswine can beat her with their priority moves, and many physically-based Pokemon can take one +1 attack and OHKO her.

I'd say Weavile is underrated. Only noobs say he's outclassed by lolMamoswine, who packs higher attack stat and some bulk. lolMamoswine however, is outsped by many faster threats and 2HKOed or OHKOed. Weavile is supposed to be a revenge killer, and outside of that he can still do many things. He can Pursuit Gengar, Lati@s, Alakazam and stuff. He also has Low Kick to OHKO Terrakion and offensive Heatran.
    The pair Slowbro/Amoonguss is also underrated. Especially when used in conjunction with Heatran, the duo can wall a lot of things and don't really care about entry hazards thanks to their Regenerator ability. Amoonguss has access to the ever-useful Spore and Stun Spore to try a double powder combination, as well as Clear Smog to remove stat boosts. Slowbro can burn opponents with Scald and can remove Ferrothorn from play with Fire Blast. It also has access to Slack Off for reliable recovery.

Back