• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Let's change this up a little bit...

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Scattered throughout Unova, there were several musicians that, if you talked to them, would start playing their respective instrument and add to the soundtrack that was already playing in the background. I thought this was a nice little touch, especially on Routes where I would be on for a while (Village Bridge) because I was searching for a certain Pokemon (Lapras) or just exploring. Did you notice these musicians, and what did you think? Were they pointless, and if not, what do you think they added to the game as a whole?

Years
Yeah I actually knew they were there, and I did use their additions at times which was really nice. They definitely weren't pointless, but they surely were a nice touch to the games.

Years
That was a cool little thing that would happen at certain points, having all those instruments come into the background on say Village Bridge, that kind of gives it a more historical feel in that area. Sadly, it is rather short lived in areas where you have to stand in place to get them to keep playing it, like the keyboard in Opelucid City in Black (2) which can only be heard right outside of the Pokémon Center. But the fact that there were actually vocals in one of the tracks made for a nice step-up to the series' musical direction.

It was also cool how tracks like Route 22/21 had jingles in the background during winter, as if it was meant to be Christmas-ey.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
They were enjoyable they weren't needed but they made the game better :)

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Those musicians added a nice touch for sure! The background music blends in together with the instruments and/or voices and improves it in a way, especially those situated at the Village Bridge. I loved finding the combination that suited my preferences the best. I also liked how there were musicians who played music you only could hear if you stood near them, such as the flutist at Anville Town.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 29, 2014
hi guys. i'm doing my first white playthrough and im wondering who to use in my team. im the sort of guy who plans his team from the start but because i dont really know the game im a bit stuck. my team so far is:

serperior
beartic
reuniclus
stoutland

im not really fussy about types but im not that keen on legendarys. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
The added instruments were an awesome little detail. I always felt incomplete if I didn't talk to the drummer and pianist in the first town/city or the harmonica player in Opelucid City.

Another little detail is in Black and White 2, percussions are added to the track if you start running. I always thought that was pretty neat.

Back