• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[FULL GAME]Glitch Land

Status
Not open for further replies.

stunt296

~The Official Stunt Master~
Years
Behold...the king of randomness:

picxp5.png

Q: What? Glitch Land?! What kind of random name for a game is that?
A: Random is exactly it. The game is just...random! XD

It's been made with RM2k3.

Glitch Land...I remember making this game a while back, but never actually got a chance to release it to public. I only distribued it to my friends so they would laugh. :D
Anywho, the point of this mindless game is...well, the fact is, it doesn't really have a point, well no story that is. Although, no matter what the circumstances, a game is always playable. And, that my friends, is Glitch Land's case.

Throughout the game, you will venture through numerous towns, just plain laughing, although it has no story(well hardly)it's still an RPG, wich means battles with bosses and funky puzzles await you. The main character of the game is, well, a badly produced stick figure named "Stick"(hmmm...how original). And as you venture, you will learn a variety of new skills and abilitys. I did however focus on this character a lot, as I did make my own sprites for it. A very important factor of the game, however, is the lack of the visual aspect. Wich would mean, that the game's graphical content is reduced to minimal as a game of this style is always better when it looks bad. Here are a few screens in the badly produced areas of Glitch Land:

glitch1jg6.png

glitch2zb4.png

glitch3ru3.png

glitch4fq7.png

glitch5rq2.png

Here is a few pics on the Battle System:

glitchbt2us4.png

glitchbt1ve5.png

glitchbt3ye0.png

glitchbt5oa3.png

glitchbt6fo9.png

Phew. I'm glad I got that under way. Now, as you can see, you will encounter popular video game characters throughout the game, friend or foe, or neither. As an added bonus, the game also consists of numerous nice video game music from the best of video games. Anyways, I hope you all enjoy the game that took me a fair amount of time to complete, even with it's lack of design, though it's made to be that way. Thank you.

Oh, and one more very important thing. Before you play the game, make sure to check out the text document encountered "READ-ME". I mean, for god sakes, if it tells you to read it, then do so, especially in this game's case, as it holds valuable information on the game, important terms and conditions, sidequest walkthroughs and more. And also, before you post a bunch of negative comments, download the game, read the Read-Me and try the game OR just leave the thread. Please, I don't want to argue over the style of my game. I'm also sorry for the image size, if it's any problem. Thank you again and have fun! Or should I say...Good luck? :D

Download links:

MegaUpload: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T4YDT5OB
RapidShare: http://rapidshare.com/files/70714381/Glitch_Land_CHECK_READ-ME__.zip.html
RPG Maker 2k3 RTP Package(This is essential as I used a different RTP package wich consists of different file names.): http://rpgmaker.thaiware.com/download/109/rm2k3109aefull.exe

Last edited:

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
With most of the graphics of this game consisting of cheap rips from other, well-known games, I can see why the game was funny. (In fact, the only thing I saw that wasn't ripped was the main character) Oh, and I belive that the forests and mountains in one of the screenshots was from DragonWarrior/DragonQuest, or NES, SNES, GB, and GBC origin. (Those are some of the least recognzable, since they come from games that most people here have not played)

stunt296

~The Official Stunt Master~
Years
Woah?! I really didn't expect to see positive comments. :S Well, compared to that lousy Gaming World community. All I got there was negative blabberness coming from their typing when they didn't even try the game theirselves...Anyways, thanks for the nice posts and also, I posted the RTP Package that I used for the game in the first post, in case a different one was used for certain users. Thanks again. ;)

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2008
oh my god! i love this game! everything about it is... fantastic!! i made an account just to comment on this wonderful gem. keep at it, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back