• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Dungeon Rush!

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    A Game made with Game Maker!

Name: Dungeon Crafter
    Genre: Sandbox

"Minecraft with an RPG Twist!"

Game concept:
    It's much like Minecraft, Terraria and Starbound (the last two are more fitting), except based in medieval times, so castles and stuff, you spawn in the wilderness ready to protect yourself, become a knight, or a king, or even a lone wanderer, or just a villager. The world is yours to mess with, and your life is yours to form.

Features:
    • An amazing Terrain Generator
      Created using the finest code available in Game Maker 8.0, forming a grand overworld with villages, cities, caves, dungeons, and oceans to explore.
    • NPC and Mob AI
      Unlike minecraft, NPC's and Mobs will use seperate AI, so villagers don't just wander idle, they'll have places to go, people to meet, and they'll have speech, in the form of text, only shop keepers will do tradings.
    • Accurate crafting
      Crafting will be done similar to minecraft. 4x4 hand crafting. But, a 3x3 Table crafting, furnace too.

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

* This screenshot is a very early testing of the terrain gen.*

Things to do for next preview/release:
    - Player Movement and Collision
    - Inifnite Terrain
    - Trees and Water
    - Biomes
    - HUD
    - Inventory
    - Crafting
    - IItem Drops
    - Mobs
    - Cities/VIllages
    - Castles
    - NPCs
    - Day and Night
    etc you get it, lots to do.

Test of the Terrain Gen:
    It's not much, but I gave the .exe to a buddy to have a proof of works, so you can all look at my terrain gen
    Controls:
    F5 = Regenerate
    Link:
    -Click Me, HNNGH-

Special Thanks:
    HeartBeast - Tutorial on Sandbox Tiles

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2021
    Looks good so far, are you developing the game with the 'old' gamemaker or gamemaker studio?

Last edited:

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    The Glitch said:
    Created using the finest code available in Game Maker 8.0

Looks good so far, are you developing the game with the 'old' gamemaker or gamemaker studio?

Game Maker 8.0 is being used, and won't be changed for quite some time if not ever.
    It's what I'm used too. <3

Back