• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Strongest Pokemon For Each Type

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
  • Lately I've seen people asking others on their opinion on which pokemon is the strongest for water, fire. Ect.
    So i took the time to put my opinions together for you guys to evaluate. What do you guys think?
    Do i have it right? Maybe you disagree, Feel free to add your thoughts.
    Or maybe you would like to discuss certain Pokemon on this list. Or maybe you think some should be added?

EDIT: Hopefully if any of you guys need help with picking Pokemon for your party. You can reference this post.

Bug;
    Scizor.
    Spr_5b_212_m.png

Dark;
    Umbreon/Zoroark.
    Spr_5b_197_s.png
    /
    571.gif

Dragon;
    Salamence/Garchomp.
    Spr_5b_373.png
    /
    Spr_5b_445_m_s.png

Electric
    Zapdos/Electivire.
    Spr_5b_145.png
    /
    466.gif

Fighting;
    Infernape.
    Spr_5b_392.png

Fire;
    Arcanine/Infernape^
    Spr_5b_059.png

(if you don't evolve growlithe until level 60+)

Flying;
    Staraptor.
    Spr_5b_398_f.png

Ghost;
    Gengar. Without Doubt.
    Spr_5b_094.png

Grass;
    Venusaur. Just because of its possible movesets. Personally i think the best would be;
    Sunnyday - Solarbeam - Sleep Powder - Synthesis. When it comes to grass pokemon. That Cannot Be Beaten.
    Spr_5b_003_m.png

Ground;
    Again Garchomp, Because of its high speed/Attack.
    Spr_5b_445_m_s.png

Ice;
    Lapras
    Spr_5b_131.png

Normal;
    Slaking.
    Spr_5b_289.png

Poison;
    Muk/Drapion.
    Spr_5b_089.png
    /
    452.gif

Psychic;
    Gardevoir. Again, for the movesets & Sp. Attack.
    Spr_5b_282.png

Rock;
    Tyranitar/Rhyperior.
    Spr_5b_248.png
    /
    464f.gif

Steel;
    Metagross.
    Spr_5b_376.png

Water;
    Kingdra.
    Spr_5b_230.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Seems like you are replying from a game/moveset point of view. So I'mma choose to reply... from a roleplaying point of view 8D Just because I can. Also, I'm omitting legendaries because they make it too simple.

BUG: Scizor
    212.gif

I agree with you there, Scyther is already pretty strong with its slashing attacks and being able to fly, and giving it an evolved, Steel type form that is still able to fly makes it seem very strong.

DARK: Hydreigon / Zoroark
    571.gif

In a RP or fic, a Zoroark could be a real advantage with its mirage powers. However, Hydreigon being a dragon and all would probably come out on top in terms of... strongness.

DRAGON: Dragonite
    149.gif

Yeah, having a huge, cute dragon with Hyper Beam as its signature move is just too strong to not put on top of a list. Hydreigon's three heads can just gloom around in their DARK category, because to me, Dragonite will always be the king of dragons :B

ELECTRIC: Electivire
    466.gif

Just look at it. A huge monkey-thingy that can either crush you or zap you. Yeah, even in a creative RP, this is a powerhouse.

FIGHTING: Machamp / Gallade
    475.gif

Machamp is just the boss of fighting. He has four arms and muscles to be jealous about. In any fair RP, he would be stronger than anyone else. But Gallade has psychic powers as well, and I imagine that being creepily superior if used well.

FIRE: Charizard
    006.gif

He is a dragon with fire who flies. Yeah. Infernape can shout all he wants from down there, with his quick punches or whatnot. Charizard's feet can crush his thin little body. Not in a well balanced RP, of course, but hehe.

FLYING: Salamence / Skarmory
    227.gif

Firstly, Pidgeot and Braviary deserve honorable mentions as being the probably strongest bird pokémon. But this is for flying, and Salamence is a sleek dragon. Skarmory is a steel bird though - the best of two worlds. Given how high its defense is, while still being able to pull off flying type moves, I think it should be called the strongest flying type. Not sure if it would survive a battle with Salamence, buuuut....

GHOST: Dusknoir
    477.gif

It's a 2nd stage pokémon and to put it plainly, it's too creepy to not be the strongest.

GRASS: Venusaur
    003f.gif

It can learn a lot of different and useful grass moves that would never really make it helpless in a RP battle.

GROUND: Steelix / Rhyperior
    464f.gif

Steelix is a huge steel/ground snake who can probably crush anything. But look at Rhyperior. That thing is a juggernaut. Am I the only one who see the resemblance to Juggernaut from X-men?

ICE: Vanilluxe
    584.gif

Okay I dislike this pokémon's design so much so I can't really motivate it, but I feel like this could probably knock out a Jynx or a Lapras due to its sheer.... Icyness.

NORMAL: Snorlax / Slaking
    289.gif

Can't argue there, except that I'd want to put Snorlax in the same league because it's based on the same idea but cuter. Which makes it more fun to RP with. And Ash's Snorlax was boss. So.

POISON: Drapion
    452.gif

Again, slashing attacks is a nice thing to have, along with bites. Pretty sure it's meant to be like a scorpion, and those things are deadly poisonous, you know?

PSYCHIC: Alakazam
    065f.gif

The epitome of the psychic type. Pure, raw psychic power. Glass cannon; if you get close enough to poke it, it probably falls apart, but you have to fight your way through waves and barriers first. This pokémon can probably be godmodded easily in RPing :x

Aaand, I seem to be too lazy to do the last three so maybe I'll do that some other time 8D​

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
    Years
  • Because Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers didn't include legendaries, and Batto included a Zapdos, I might as well channel the essence of Captain State the Obvious here. But in a lazy way, I guess.

Bug: Genesect. Got access to the physical and special bug type moves effectively.

Dark: I would probably go for Hydreigon, due to it having... you know... high stats. 125 SpAtk is nice for things like Dark Pulse.

Dragon: I'm saying White Kyurem. Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse are special moves, and it's got 170 SpAtk. Geez.

Electric: Zekrom. Again, those stats are just...

Fighting: Uhh... I dunno... eh.

Fire: Reshiram... Stats...

Flying: Hmm... not really sure. Lugia has pretty good stats, and a good movepool for flying-type moves.

Ghost: Giratina. Stats.

Grass: I dunno... Shaymin? Maybe?

Ground: Groudon. Pretty much made for the ground type.

Ice: White Kyurem again. Those stats are insane...

Normal: Arceus. He's god or something.

Poison: You know what, I'm going to go and say Gengar.

Psychic: Deoxys A. No-one's going to argue with dat 180 SpAtk and 150 Spd.

Rock: I'm saying Terrakion.

Steel: Dialga. STATS.

Water: Pretty much a tie between Kyogre and Palkia. I'm leaning towards Kyogre, though.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
    Years
  • Now i know your speaking from a RP point of view, but i actually agree with you on some pokemon. (speaking from the games stats, movesets Ect.)

Also, Im going to edit my original post & put these guys in it also. Because i think Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers has it right.

Zoroark; This guy is a very powerful pokemon. I can't believe i forgot about him.

Electivire; Again, Very powerful. & He's movesets in the electric type are second to none.

Rhyperior; Decent movesets, High Defence & Attack. But it would still be a toss up between Steelix.

Vanilluxe; I actually don't agree on this one. but i thought i would take the time to point out GameFreaks lack of imagination/creativity for this pokemon. Like seriously, A ice cream cone?
    Very, VERY Lame.

Drapion; Again, A toss up between this guy and Muk. There both very well balanced, And have excellent movesets.

DARK: Hydreigon / Zoroark
    571.gif

In a RP or fic, a Zoroark could be a real advantage with its mirage powers. However, Hydreigon being a dragon and all would probably come out on top in terms of... strongness.

ELECTRIC: Electivire
    466.gif

Just look at it. A huge monkey-thingy that can either crush you or zap you. Yeah, even in a creative RP, this is a powerhouse.

GROUND: Steelix / Rhyperior
    464f.gif

Steelix is a huge steel/ground snake who can probably crush anything. But look at Rhyperior. That thing is a juggernaut. Am I the only one who see the resemblance to Juggernaut from X-men?

___________________________________________________________________________________
    ICE: Vanilluxe
    584.gif

Okay I dislike this pokémon's design so much so I can't really motivate it, but I feel like this could probably knock out a Jynx or a Lapras due to its sheer.... Icyness.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

POISON: Drapion
    452.gif

Again, slashing attacks is a nice thing to have, along with bites. Pretty sure it's meant to be like a scorpion, and those things are deadly poisonous, you know?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ugh, I typed up a reply here before PC crashed earlier today haha it didn't get posted apparently.

Yeah, we could discuss our way up to the ultimate list of strongest pokémon, if we got more opinions. So that it wasn't necessarily based on how strong they are in the games or statistically. Now the thread was moved into Pokémon Voting Polls but I guess it's okay to discuss a bit anyways?

Back