• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greetings fellow Pokemon fans!

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Hello! You can just call me Nova. I joined these forums because I am working on developing a pokemon game and i'm here to both find support and showcase my work.

I am an amature artist/beginner programmer. I'm in my mid twenties and, I think like a lot of people here, i've basically been into pokemon since the beginning. :)

In real life i'm a college student going for a duel BS/BA degree and an active volunteer at my local wildlife refuge/center. One of my favorite outdoor hobbies is birding! It's a little like collecting them all, except you're just trying to see all the birds rather than capture them. I'm also big into video games (obviously) and pixel art.

And...that's about it. I could say a lot more but i'm sure i've rambled on enough. I'm eager to meet all the awesome people here.

Years
  • Hi hi. To go off of Archer, I started in the second generation when the 3rd generation was going to start soon.

I would love to any of your art here. I am pretty sure it'll look fine. ^^

Years
  • Hello Nova, and I'm sure you were surprised that the name wasn't taken but it was lucky you snapped it up. That said, it's really nice to meet you here!

If you're into the hacks and fangames here, Archer mentioned the ROM Hacking boards which is our most popular section around PC (we may appear to be Pokemon-centric but yeah it's the hacks that draw the most attention here) and there's always been great service towards our aspiring hackers. You'll also enjoy the Art & Design board, where you can create your own gallery and share your work. I know I'm not active in the creative discussion areas but maybe I might stop by and check out your works sometime.

Have a great time and I hope you have a great weekend as well, and don't hesitate to leave me a visitor message if you want to talk. Either way, good luck and I'll see you!

Sirfetch’d

I saw your name and had to come and make a comment about how amazing it is!

Anyways, welcome to PC aka the greatest internet forums ever :D As the others have mentioned, we have an amazing ROM hacking section and a community that is very interested in that particular area. I wanna wish you good luck on your game and I really hope you enjoy your stay here at the forums :)

Feel free to shoot me a message anytime if you need help with anything or feel like chatting with a friend. See ya around!

Years
  • Hii! Welcome to PC!

As you can see, everyone here is super nice and friendly so you will make new friends in no time. You should definitely check out the Rom Hacking section of the site, because there you find hacks to play created by our members and showcase your own work! Plus, find tools and resources you need to continue making your project! Its a pretty active section of the forum, and I am sure you will enjoy it :3

If you need anything, just ask! Also love the username!

Years
  • Hiya Nova! Welcome to PC. <3

Glad to see you're participating in the Game Dev forum already; you're bound to have a blast there. I don't have any knowledge in the game-making department at all but I wish you lots of luck in making something awesome. :) Pretty sweet that you're a volunteer too! I wouldn't mind doing something like that but at this point I'm on the prowl for full-time work aha. See you around and have a blast, yes?

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Thank you for all the sweet replies! I'm using Pokemon Essentials with RPGX so I don't know if that would be considered a hack? Anyway, i'm really looking forward to participating on these forums!

Years
  • Welcome to PC! I'm new myself but I felt like joining in on all the warm welcoming. :x As far as you know, I'm a total regular though!... Except I told you that I wasn't. Bah!

Thank you for all the sweet replies! I'm using Pokemon Essentials with RPGX so I don't know if that would be considered a hack? Anyway, i'm really looking forward to participating on these forums!

There's a forum called "Game Development" under the Creative Discussions category, it looks like I see some Pokemon Fangames posted about in there.

Romhacks are specifically taking a Pokemon ROM and editing it into your own game that runs within an emulator. Your particular project sounds more like a fangame. :)

If you come into any trouble programming, feel free to contact me! I'm literally a professional~

Years
  • Hey, Nova! Welcome to PC! Oh, so you're into hacking, too. I'm hacking GBA, tho. Anyway, best of luck to you if you make a project here!

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Welcome to PC! I'm new myself but I felt like joining in on all the warm welcoming. :x As far as you know, I'm a total regular though!... Except I told you that I wasn't. Bah!

There's a forum called "Game Development" under the Creative Discussions category, it looks like I see some Pokemon Fangames posted about in there.

Romhacks are specifically taking a Pokemon ROM and editing it into your own game that runs within an emulator. Your particular project sounds more like a fangame. :)

If you come into any trouble programming, feel free to contact me! I'm literally a professional~

That's a really kind offer. Thank you!

Back