• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What genre would you like to se more of?

Blue Screen of Death

Wait, what?
Years
  • What genre would you like to see more of?

There have been a lot of fics lately that would be classified under journey-fics, I think. I personally believe that a little horror would be nice around here. Maybe pokemon could mutate somehow, that would be good.

Last edited:

Blue Angel

Living for now
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    What's wrong with romance?
    xD

I am not much for horror - but that's just my opinion.
    Of course, if you haven't already, and you want horror, you could always read "Maggots of Society" by Burnt Flower.
    That's the only horror one I know of though.

Yeah, there are quite a few journey fics.

Blue Angel

Living for now
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    I know I see a lot of Romance, but what about a more passionate version(if you get what I mean). You are twelve so I kind of have to doubt it... Anyway, I see very few of those.

I was gonna say something else, but now I can't remember...

Oh well... ^ ^

Blue Angel

Living for now
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    Wow, more younger kids understand "things."

Have you found any fics like that here?

Blue Angel

Living for now
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    There is a chance that he copied Baa Baa, who I still think is a better version of it.

The most "sensual" I have seen of all here was Jax Malcom's "Selling Everything."
    There isn't any "passion" shown in between people, but it still had a strange mastered sensuality to it.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • I agree. But some people copy others because they like the thing that they did. For instance, maybe Event_Collectorx copied Baa Baa was because he liked her story or he was copying it for his own pleasure

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    i like cheese mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Way to be off topic.

That being said, I would like to see more horror type fics. Burnt Flower's fic got me interested in that kind of writing, and I would be interested if another horror story popped up.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Horror? If you look around, you will find, that's for sure. Burnt Flower is an obvious choice though. Also the author Kiyohime comes to mind. :)

Me, I much prefer the comedy stories, as well as the part-parody as well. Although I've done one tragedy before, and a dark-ish non-Pokemon (or fanfiction of any kind for that matter) story as well.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • Sci-fi has been neglected badly. I aim to change that, along with two other people. Unfortunately, none of us have updated our sci-fi fics in a goodly amount of time...

I also haven't seen a pokemon western. Ever. That could be interesting.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • I also haven't seen a pokemon western. Ever. That could be interesting.

that would be scary...

I would like to see more fics that have a pokemon's POV. Not OT, a journey; maybe, perhaps a horror pokemon POV, ooh, what about a comedy pokemon POV

Blue Angel

Living for now
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    that would be scary...

I would like to see more fics that have a pokemon's POV. Not OT, a journey; maybe, perhaps a horror pokemon POV, ooh, what about a comedy pokemon POV

I have to agree. A pokemon western sounds too strange. All the people AND Pokemon parading around in cowboy hats and vests or dresses. The whole concept seems strange.

If someone could manage to pull that off without being too tacky, then great :)

EDIT: Although, If someone could make it into a Western Comedy - that wouldn't be so bad.

How would you go about making this Horror Pokemon POV or Comedy Pokemon POV?
    What would the storyline be without a Journey?

Although I think making a Romance Pokemon POV is going a little overboard.
    People like to read about the Romance of People, not Pokemon. Mainly because some angles of the Romance of People can't be changed into the angles of Pokemon Romance - it would just be too awkward.

Again, Not discouraging anyone who wants to try - if you can pull it off - that is a feat in itself.

Buoysel

Years
  • I have to agree. A pokemon western sounds too strange. All the people AND Pokemon parading around in cowboy hats and vests or dresses. The whole concept seems strange.

If someone could manage to pull that off without being too tacky, then great :)

EDIT: Although, If someone could make it into a Western Comedy - that wouldn't be so bad.

How would you go about making this Horror Pokemon POV or Comedy Pokemon POV?
    What would the storyline be without a Journey?

Although I think making a Romance Pokemon POV is going a little overboard.
    People like to read about the Romance of People, not Pokemon. Mainly because some angles of the Romance of People can't be changed into the angles of Pokemon Romance - it would just be too awkward.

Again, Not discouraging anyone who wants to try - if you can pull it off - that is a feat in itself.

I was thinking of making my next fic a pokemon POV, uh.. i guess it could be like the life of a pokemon that was captured and the trainer never left home, perhaps the pokemon has a rude since of humor, and trouble just seems to follow the trainer, but then you would get a never ending story(or until one of them dies of old age.), and i don't want.

I have the general idea, i was wanting to title my next fic "Saving Grace", and with this as a challenge, i think it will be have a pokemon POV, although it may turn out to be more of a journey fic, but i promise that gym badges will not be the main motivation behind the journey.

Blue Angel

Living for now
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2016
    I was thinking of making my next fic a pokemon POV, uh.. i guess it could be like the life of a pokemon that was captured and the trainer never left home, perhaps the pokemon has a rude since of humor, and trouble just seems to follow the trainer, but then you would get a never ending story(or until one of them dies of old age.), and i don't want.

I have the general idea, i was wanting to title my next fic "Saving Grace", and with this as a challenge, i think it will be have a pokemon POV, although it may turn out to be more of a journey fic, but i promise that gym badges will not be the main motivation behind the journey.
    A challenge is a good way to test your writing skills; see if you can accomplish it.
    You seem to have that basic idea down.
    Good Luck ^ ^

Buoysel

Years
  • A challenge is a good way to test your writing skills; see if you can accomplish it.
    You seem to have that basic idea down.
    Good Luck ^ ^

thanks, but i want to get my curernt done so it doesnt get put on the side burner, speaking of i need to get busy on said fic

so as this post is completely not off topic: i would like to see some more real world crossover fics

Buoysel

Years
  • What about fantasy, with mages, warriors, and Pokemon together? Or Pokemon in the typical fantasy classes doing a dungeon exploration?

Pokemon is a Fantasy!! txteclipse's "Eon Chronicles" has Pokemon and humans fighting together, if that is what your looking for.

Back