• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen "Extra" end-game region?

Exoaria

such pokemon wow
Years
  • What do you guys think of the possibility that X and Y could have another region at the end of the game similar to what G/S/C did by incorporating Kanto into it without any kind of hint that it was going to happen beforehand. For me, that was the biggest surprise ever and I totally freaked it.
    Do you think Game Freak would have put a second region in at the end of Kalos to really extend the gameplay? I mean, it's possible seeing as Black and White 2 could have just been a filler while they were working so hard on making these games as long and content-filled as possible.

If this were to happen (as we'll soon find out) what end-game region would you like to see incorporated into the game?

Sirfetch’d

I've been avoiding major spoilers so I don't know if this is happening or not, but it is very unlikely. I could see a small region sorta like the Sevii Islands in FR/LG, but I don't anticipate to see an entire other region in the games.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Beside that obvious post-game location you stated, do not forget the following:
    Fr/Lg: Sevii Islands
    DPt: Battle Zone

While Unova and Hoenn (Gen III event locations and Nature Preserve do not count) do not have a post-game region, they have post-game locations.

As for Kalos region, there are members here in PC noted that the southern map of France 'missing', so it is possible that the post-game events will take place on the 'missing part' of France. So that might be your post-game location for this generation.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    a very small region probably, some special zones or caves to catch more mons/battle frontier
    and if you follow the leaks its confiirmed to be pretty much that.

there will usually be more post game content for game sequels (ie. emerald, platinum, BW2), so Z will have more stuff hopefully

Reactions: Sun

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    Since the island is based of the Tree of Life I don't see this happening. It's basically one giant land in the middle of nowhere.

Years
  • I think it would be cool to get Hoenn into a recent format, but I do fid it interesting that the bottom part of the map is missing.

Years
  • I highly doubt they will implement any of the older regions into the game because of how long it would take to translate into 3D. Since they've already created Kalos from scratch, it would take a LOT of time. There will more than likely be lots of extra bits to do though. There always is.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Since the island is based of the Tree of Life I don't see this happening. It's basically one giant land in the middle of nowhere.

What island are you talking about? The region itself? It's clearly connected to another landmass to the right of it all, so that's wrong; and can't be forgotten that the region is inspired by France, even in terms of its' shape. Though, if you're talking about post-game locations, then I have no idea what you're talking about since I'm not keeping up with any of those kinds of spoilers lol.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    What island are you talking about? The region itself? It's clearly connected to another landmass to the right of it all, so that's wrong; and can't be forgotten that the region is inspired by France, even in terms of its' shape. Though, if you're talking about post-game locations, then I have no idea what you're talking about since I'm not keeping up with any of those kinds of spoilers lol.

The region is inspired by France and based on the Tree of Life (Norse mythology) so it makes sense that it is just one single region itself without connections to my assumptions. I don't really know the other side of Kalos because of the shroud of clouds of mist, but so far as I can only make out of it that it is one huge island and lack of view I could be wrong, though. But it seems unlikely for Gamefreak to make a move like that to travel to other regions.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I wouldn't get your hopes up for a 2nd area to be in X and Y. It there is a new area, which I am hoping for. It will most likely be in the 3rd version or sequels. I don't want us to revisit any other region because I want a remake of Hoenn games. I would much rather see something similar to Sinnoh's north island and Kantos Islands.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    The region is inspired by France and based on the Tree of Life (Norse mythology) so it makes sense that it is just one single region itself without connections to my assumptions. I don't really know the other side of Kalos because of the shroud of clouds of mist, but so far as I can only make out of it that it is one huge island and lack of view I could be wrong, though. But it seems unlikely for Gamefreak to make a move like that to travel to other regions.

For the game itself I agree that it's super unlikely we'd see another region post-game. I don't really think we'll see it happen again until the franchise reaches the end of its lifespan. The map of the region though is connected to another landmass on the right side of it (presumably Unova, if I read that NPC correctly during the livestream.) It's easy to spot that, so it's not just some island in the middle of nowhere like how Sinnoh or Hoenn looked.

If you ask me, this is Gamefreak moving to a new "continent" space, away from where gens 1-4 were. Completely my opinion obviously, but I feel like that's what they're trying to do now.

Back