• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you reading?

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Currently reading Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami. My friend recommended it and at first I thought I wouldn't really like it, but now I can say that I'm really drawn to the story. I'm so happy I bought this book (even though I just bought it on a whim).

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • finished the great gatsby in class, ngl i teared up a little. i'm looking for something scary to check out but if i can't find anything i'll prob check out can't get there from here or the absolutely true diary of a part-time indian
    do House of Leaves! it's terrifying. it looks giant but it doesn't take long to read at all because of the way some of the pages are laid out.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    do House of Leaves! it's terrifying. it looks giant but it doesn't take long to read at all because of the way some of the pages are laid out.

i looked it up and it looks dope af but ofc there wouldn't be a single library in my county with the book. the only book by Danielewski in my county is The Fifty Year Sword which also seems pretty cool. i really dig the format of his stories so i'll probably check this one out and scope out where i can get my hands on a copy of House of Leaves.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I've been trying to read Convergence from The Zodiac Legacy. It's this book written by Stan Lee and Stuart Moore. I figured since Stan Lee is always awesome, why not? I also got it because I love anything to do with the Chinese Zodiac.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman. I watched the Netflix series before picking up the book, so in comparison the book is a lot less graphic, but with all of the beautiful characters and personalities from the show. It's actually a really thought provoking book that really makes me question the US legal system's response to drugs while providing amazing insight into the prison system and the people who must live in it.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Top Fantasy: The Author's Choice. It really lives up to its title. I've been hooked from the first story and the diversity and depth of science fiction and fantasy entailed in this paperback just blows my mind away. A great inspiration for me.

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
    Years
  • I am currently near the end of Queen of the Tearling - it's alright, but wasn't really my cup of tea
    Also nearing the end of The Lady Of The Rivers, which is very good, interesting reads from Philippa Gregory
    ...And I have just started on Vol 3 of my Pokemon Adventures Red/Blue Box Set!!! Cool, fun books :D

Years
  • "Teen" fiction is mostly aimed at angsty girls, so I'm reading Adult Fantasy,

I'm in the middle of the Seven Realms Saga by Cinda Williams Chima and I'm waiting for the last book in the Chaos Born trilogy by Drew Karpyshyn. Both series are amazing!

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    Currently reading Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami. My friend recommended it and at first I thought I wouldn't really like it, but now I can say that I'm really drawn to the story. I'm so happy I bought this book (even though I just bought it on a whim).

Just finished reading it, and again, it's a wonderful story. Absolutely no regrets.

I started on The Maze Runner by James Dashner a couple of hours ago. Unfortunately, I've already seen the movie so there's no more thrill, but so far it's a pretty decent read.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I started Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn yesterday. It's pretty good so far; some passages are very beautifully written and thought-provoking. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I plan on watching it once I finish the book.

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
    Years
  • I'm currently halfway through The Eye Of The Falcon by Michelle Paver - set in Ancient Greece, a young boy has to set out into the wilderness to find his lost sister, along the way he meets the daughter of the High Priestess, and they come across and befriend various animals. (There's a dolphin, a falcon and a lion cub they've met so far)...yeah, they're good books, it's the third in the Gods and Warriors series. I like to have a broad range of various books and genres! :)

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
  • I'm around halfway through In The Footsteps of Mr. Kurtz by Michela Wrong. It's an interesting account on the Mobutu's regime in Zaire. The comparison to Heart of Darkness goes a little over my head since I've never read it, but it's certainly an interesting read. Amazing how a man can steal billions of dollars and get away with it.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I started on The Maze Runner by James Dashner a couple of hours ago. Unfortunately, I've already seen the movie so there's no more thrill, but so far it's a pretty decent read.

Finished it a couple of days ago. I prefer the book much more than the movie. (The guy who played Newt is pretty cute, though!)

Starting on Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. I might not finish this one as fast as the other two, since my cousin's coming over and we're going to be actually doing something besides reading this summer.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I've finished Gone Girl, and I'm already about half way through Amy Poehler's Yes Please. It's very amusing and gives insight into the life of the woman who plays everyone's favorite Deputy Director of Pawnee's Parks and Recreation Department.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • Poems [Series 2] by Emily Dickinson. She is one of my inspirations, poet role model and I'm just so fascinated by her style and technique.

Reactions: dad
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Struck By Lightning - Chris Colfer: I found this book in a bargain bin, and bought it because I used to follow Colfer a lot when I used to watch Glee. I'm really glad I did. This book is hilarious, with parts in it that remind me a lot of how my own high school experience was like. It's one of the few books that I've read that makes me want to actually see the movie, just to see how Colfer acts something he's also written.

Treason - Orson Scott Card: One of Card's earliest works, and it shows. I'm even reading the edited version that he did years after he grew as a writer, and the story is still just a little rough.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i went to the library last week and picked up Divergent and The Fifty Year Sword. so far so good.

Back