• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Lanua

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2010
    Hi everyone!

I've been floating around this community for a while, and after seeing all the cool games everyone has been doing, I decided to try and make my own. This would be my first time doing this, so it might be simple, but I'm trying to make it fun. :3

It would be based in a new region, Ricosa, based off of sections of Brazil and Italy.
    Most of it would be connected, though there are a few island towns throughout
    the region.

Included would be 150 new pokemon, as well as 150 of the pokemon from current pokemon games. Included in the new ones would be brand new legendaries and
    starters.

You would start off your journey in Pexis Village, a small fishing port on the edge of the sea. An important professor from overseas is visiting the village on the day of your thirteenth birthday, and as you and a close friend on the way to the next town for party supplies, you find the professor being attacked by Team Shade. They're a well known group of trouble makers in your region, so you and your friend immediately attempt to rescue the trapped professor when you find their bag containing the three starter pokemon. Choosing one, you both battle the members of Team Shade.

After they have been defeated, you talk to the professor who recommends that you take the Gym challenge for your region. After giving you a pokedex and letting you keep the pokemon you used, they go on their way to explore the region as well.

I might split this into two games, if there's a system that would allow trading pokemon for the completion of the pokedex and all. They wouldn't differ much except for the name of the evil team and the climax, as well as having a few different pokemon to catch in each.

Along the way on your journey, you fight continuously against Team Shade as well, who plans to use the power of the legendary to create an eternal night and rule over the earth.

I have a lot of the new pokemon sprites scratched out, but I need some ideas for more.
    Anybody have any tips or willing to help, maybe? :3 <3

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
  • Well, I definitely like the idea. One comment though: The name sounds more Hawai'ian (or other Pacific Islander, like Polynesian) than it does Japanese. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I actually like it, because it lends your idea some originality.

Back