• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New attack animations!

Years
  • In Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, there were several moves that had new animations which were different from their Black and White counterparts. Most of them were moves that had at least 100 base power. What were some of your favorites?

To name a few, Flare Blitz had a dark red and black fiery circle around it that looked sick, and Giga Impact goes blue with some colored lights when it hits the foe. Then Blizzard's animation also is one I liked, as it blasts snow at the opponent and then chills them.

Those are some I can name off the top of my head. How about you? What are some moves that got new animations you thought looked rad? Discuss.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I thought it was a nice little touch, especially since most of the moves looked better than they did in Black/White. Bolt Strike got a visual upgrade, iirc. They gave it a background with some lightning bolts, which was nice. The animation was a little underwhelming when compared to Fusion Bolt in Black/White, despite it being the (usually) more powerful move.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I thought it was a nice little touch, it made those games feel a little different from Black & White all together. iirc they also added altered animations to some of the Pokémon too which was neat.

Years
  • Oh, one I forgot to mention: Outrage, which in Black 2 and White 2 has what is no question one of my favorite animations in the series. The background gets all fiery as the Pokémon is using the attack, it's hellish and absolutely sick.

And guys, this thread says "What's your favorite animation", not what do you think of them, just saying. Not that i'm opposed to that, though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Although it is nice to see them stand-out, I don't necessarily believe it was wise to put effort in such things and not anything else.

One thing I've seen a good portion of us complain about regarding Black 2 and White 2 is, in terms of plot, they were very, very close-related to original titles--Black and White--to the point of causing these games to feel like some rehash of sorts, and personally, I tend to agree. If they had put more time and energy onto story-line instead, trying to make it more distinct and whatnot, I believe it would have been better for them in long-run.

To get back to main topic, I would say my favorite move animation from these two video games would likely have to be Flare Blitz, due to reasons stated in opening post; it looks pretty cool! There might be some others, but right now, I can't exactly put my finger on what their names are, haha. Will make sure to post again as soon as I remember!

Years
  • I really loved the edited animations of some of the moves in B2/W2. My fave of the bunch is definitely Water Pulse, which now has that cool underwater scene when the attack is used. Sadly 6th Gen's animation wasn't as epic.

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2015
    Bolt Strike is definitely my favorite animation from B2W2, I also loved Kyurem's signature moves as well :D

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I really adored Icy Wind and Water Pulse's new animations in Gen V. I also liked Solarbeam, Luster Purge, Blue Flare and Fiery Dance.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Flare Blitz and Water Pulse are among those memorable yet favorable moves. I enjoyed the animations a lot!

Years
  • Flare Blitz and Water Pulse are among those memorable yet favorable moves. I enjoyed the animations a lot!

I did, especially Water Pulse. Having a scene shown entirely underwater was definitely awesome to see so I used the move quite often hahaha. I know OR/AS edited some move animations (like Surf and Flamethrower) but unlike B2/W2 it just wasn't the same epicness to me.

Reactions: Sun
    Back