• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Clash of Land and Sea! Team Aqua Vs Team Magma Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    Aqua Vs Magma

groudon_vs_kyogre_by_embernight_cat-d96ptxm.png

Current Overall Score
    Aqua: 1200 | Magma: 500

Welcome to the Team Aqua Vs Team Magma Club! This is a club comprised of two conflicting teams, both on a mission to reform the Hoenn region. Here, you can talk/debate about topics regarding to Team Aqua and Team Magma, such as their mission, leaders, ideals, and Pokemon as seen in the games, anime, manga, and TCG. You may also join in on the battle between these two teams by signing up for either Team Aqua or Team Magma.

The Point system is now up with more additions to come in the future. Rankings will be added to "The Teams" section once points begin to spread out more. Also, an additional rule for posting Topics has been added which states that a new post can be made at least 1 week after the previous Topic was created.

Quiz #1:
    This Pokemon evolutionary line has the only Pokemon to be featured in a Horde-styled Trainer Battle as of yet. What are the names of these Pokemon.
    This Quiz ends on October 14, 11:00 p.m. EST. You can send in your answers to Embernight through Private Message.
    _________________________________________________​

Rules
    Spoiler:

The Teams
    Spoiler:

List Of Pokemon
    Spoiler:

Point System:
    Spoiler:

Topics
    Current Topic:
    Spoiler:

Past Topics
    Spoiler:

Sign-Up Form
    Spoiler:

Banners
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Username: Wiicked
    Team you are joining (Aqua/Magma/Neither): Magma
    Reason for joining that team (optional): I enjoy using Fire-types, which would support Team Magma more.
    Partner Pokemon (See list of Pokemon): Camerupt

Years
  • Username: Spoonacross
    Team you are joining (Aqua/Magma/Neither): Aqua
    Reason for joining that team (optional): I prefer water, they have cooler uniforms!
    Partner Pokemon (See list of Pokemon): Greninja

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • Username: KetsuekiR
    Reason for joining that team (optional): I prefer the Pokemon on team magma's side over Team Aqua's :)
    Partner Pokemon (See list of Pokemon): Mega (or non-mega) Charizard Y (or not if mega isn't allowed xD)

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Username: KorpiklaaniVodka
    Reason for joining that team (optional): land > water
    Partner Pokemon (See list of Pokemon): Primal Groudon

Years
  • Username: Hikamaru
    Reason for joining that team (optional): I love Water-types plus their uniforms are way cooler, and oh did we mention they are PIRATES? Badass pirates specifically.
    Partner Pokemon (See list of Pokemon): Wailmer

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    Spoiler:

Now that we have some members, here's our first topic. I haven't finished organizing out the Point System yet, but you can still earn points by replying. Hopefully I'll have it up on the weekend when I have more time.

In the new remakes, Team Aqua's and Team Magma's motives for awakening the legendary Pokémon were expanded upon. Team Aqua sought to restore oceanic habitats and revert the world back to a time of seas to benefit Pokémon whereas Team Magma wished to help progress humanity into the future by increasing the land and available resources.

Did you enjoy the added reasoning behind each team's goals?

Were their goals more believable in the original games (both teams wished to bring about a better world for Pokémon and Humans) or the remakes (each team favored either the existence of Pokémon or Humans at the cost of the other)?

Regardless of the team you're on, which ideal do you lean towards?

ThatBeardedCharmander

YouTube PokeTuber/Returning Hacker
    Years
  • Username: ThatBeardedCharmander
    Reason for joining that team (optional): Water user for life, oh, and Matt. He's amazing.
    Partner Pokemon (See list of Pokemon): Sharpedo

Years
  • Did you enjoy the added reasoning behind each team's goals?

I liked the expanded roles they had in OR/AS because it helped us get to see more into their goals which we never really understood much in the original versions so it was good that we had more backstory known about the teams in general.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Username: Dedenne1
    Reason for joining that team (optional): Have you seen their outfits?
    Partner Pokemon (See list of Pokemon): Spheal

Did you enjoy the added reasoning behind each team's goals?
    Ya it kinda gave more purpose to the teams in my eyes and gave them more than their love for the sea or land to fight for

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
    Yes since it would make sense for their to be a clash between Pokemon and humanity for land (as there is between animals and humanity in the real world). However, since Pokemon are incapable of hurting humans (I think? This point is pretty back and forth tbh), they'd need a team to advocate for them, thus Team Aqua. Team Magma simply represents humanity as humans xD

Were their goals more believable in the original games (both teams wished to bring about a better world for Pokémon and Humans) or the remakes (each team favored either the existence of Pokémon or Humans at the cost of the other)?
    The remakes made more sense. Greed is always a factor when it comes to villains and it's hard to believe there would be villains looking for equality over supremacy.

Team Aqua's since even if Team Magma were to succeed, it wouldn't help humans much in the long run. Loss of the oceans would cause a huge ecosystem collapse and they'd be dead anyways xD

Years
  • Were their goals more believable in the original games (both teams wished to bring about a better world for Pokémon and Humans) or the remakes (each team favored either the existence of Pokémon or Humans at the cost of the other)?

It was definitely more believable in OR/AS, as Ketsueki mentioned above. Wanting to expand the land or water for a "better life" that would be risky to both humans and Pokemon was quite a story to follow, and OR/AS expanded on it more compared to its original counterparts.

Years
  • Well, I liked that their reasoning was expanded upon, though there are obvious flaws in each plan. Their original ideals of wanting to bring about a better world for Pokemon and humans is certainly a nicer one, though again flawed, is what I'd lean towards but I guess it is less villiany!

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    Username: ThatBeardedCharmander
    Reason for joining that team (optional): Water user for life, oh, and Matt. He's amazing.
    Partner Pokemon (See list of Pokemon): Sharpedo
    Welcome! I thought all the Team Aqua admins and boss looked pretty cool in ORAS. Can't exactly say the same for the way Tabitha turned out.

Username: Dedenne1
    Reason for joining that team (optional): Have you seen their outfits?
    Partner Pokemon (See list of Pokemon): Spheal
    Welcome to the Club! It's pretty interesting to see so many people favor Team Aqua for their outfits. I'm not a big fan of the grunts outfits, but I did like the designs of the admins/boss uniforms.

ThatBeardedCharmander

YouTube PokeTuber/Returning Hacker
    Years
    Yes, I thought that with that and the updated graphics, it created a much more emotional and dynamic feeling (not that a game has to be 3D to be emotional)

I actually believe the originals were more believable, as we see stuff like this everyday. The remakes feels like a Walking Dead scenario (one or the other).

Creating a better world for water Pokemon. I always have a water Pokemon on my team (unless it's a stupid nuzlocke) and they are usually the bulk of the team! Water has been my favorite and will always be my favorite *eyes Fairy Pokemon*

Years
  • It's pretty interesting to see so many people favor Team Aqua for their outfits. I'm not a big fan of the grunts outfits, but I did like the designs of the admins/boss uniforms.

I'm the opposite, I think the higher-ups are a bit too sleek, though I like how they match but are different.

If I could pull this look off I'd wear it every single day! :)

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    Sorry it took so long (I've been pretty busy with school as of late), but the point system is now up! There will also be a weekly trivia question starting this Wednesday. Anyway, here's a New Topic to discuss:

#42: Golbat, the Bat Pokemon!
    042.png

Used by all Evil Teams from Team Rocket to Team Flare, this Poison/Flying is a common choice for a criminal's Pokemon team and is used by both Archie and Maxie in the games. Golbat are capable of drinking up to 10 oz. of blood in a single gulp and will often drink so much blood that they can no longer fly or temporarily have their blood-type take on their host's type.

What do you like most/least about this pokemon's design?

Have you ever used one on your team in RSE or OR/AS?

What about this Pokemon do you think is most useful for Teams Aqua and Magma? (Move pool, Abilities, Typing, Design, etc)

Is there anything about this Pokemon that stood out to you from the games, anime, TCG or manga?​

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • What do you like most/least about this Pokemon's design?
    I do like Golbat but I love Zubat (for the nostalgia) and Crobat (because it's Crobat xD). I suppose the way it's mouth opens up a lot is rather unusual since it drinks blood and so doesn't really need a huge mouth.

Have you ever used one on your team in RSE or OR/AS?
    Not in those games but I used one on a play through of Sacred Gold.

What about this Pokemon do you think is most useful for Teams Aqua and Magma? (Move pool, Abilities, Typing, Design, etc)
    I think the use of Golbat is less based on it's abilities but more on the nostalgia of it. Zubat/Golbat were used in the originals since there weren't any better options back then and now it's used because it's become more or less a tradition than anything else xD

Is there anything about this Pokemon that stood out to you from the games, anime, TCG or manga?
    I've never really used a Golbat since there were usually better options for flying types and Poison types aren't really useful in normal game play. That said, I think Golbat and it's family will always have a special spot in everyone's mind with it being in every cave, popping up to annoy you through the generations xD I complain, but I love it :P

Embernight

Dragon Tamer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    I almost forgot to post the Quiz, but luckily I remembered about it last minute. So, here it is:

Quiz #1
    This Pokemon evolutionary line has the only Pokemon to be featured in a Horde-styled Trainer Battle as of yet. Name these Pokemon.
    This Quiz ends on October 14, 11:00 p.m. EST. You can send in your answers to Embernight through Private Message.

You may use any source you'd like to help answer the question. This week's question may be a bit easy, especially if you've played the RSE remakes. I'll try to come up with some more tricky questions in the future.
    Good luck!

Years
  • Nuts, I missed the quiz!

My thoughts on Golbat...

Design wise I like this Pokemon and it's evolution family a lot. It's a simple design but effective. I like the green and red of the Shiny version too.

I've never actually used one on my team though. Yet... (Though I'd probably have to evolve it)

It doesn't really fit Team Aqua's or Magma's themes but generally I guess it suits evil teams because of it's typing and it looks menacing (in a cute way)!

It has a unique typing which is very cool!

It stands out as a villainous mascot and being a little too common to come across!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back